American Express Software Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 2,769.0 interviews

Applied online14%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in Jan 2020

Interview

Received an invite for an hour-long interview. Was interviewed by two people who asked me questions about my work experience based on my resume, as well as technical definition questions.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about object oriented programming, asked about how to deal with bugs you find in the code
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Tempe, AZ) in Oct 2019

Interview

You have to attend the career fair in order to get an on campus interview. Bring a resume to give to whoever you talk to. They'll ask you some questions and decide if they want to interview you right then and there

Interview Questions
  • A bunch of programming questions like print the fibonacci sequence. They also asked behavioral stuff like what would you do if your team was given an extra project that would be difficult to complete.

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=American Express~35
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (College Station, TX) in Aug 2019

Interview

2 30 minute sessions(each session with a different recruiter): both included technical components, both asked me to write code, but not on a laptop, write it out on paper. Very relaxed interview, even though I struggled on an easy question. Was also my first technical interview, they may have cut me some slack due to that

Interview Questions
  • Write code to demonstrate a stack or queue implementation in a language of your choice

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ)

Interview

- On-Campus screening with two engineers - 4 hour on-site "Super Day" with an individual hackerrank assessment, a group hackerrank assessment, and an interview with an engineer The interview process was streamlined and organized. The group hackerrank exercise was a little weird, but they did not care about the solution as much as they cared about how you worked in a group.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at American Express (Cleveland, OH) in Nov 2018

Interview

They contacted me to interview me at a conference. I showed up to the interview they had me check inc, took me to my first interviewer, and after that they just tole me they would follow up with next steps. They didn’t even let me go into my second interview and this was a huge morale drop.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews that were semi behavioral and technical. Interviewers were friendly. Got back to me within a week on a decision. Overall a good process and they were very quick.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful