American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

American Express Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jul, 2018
1,595 Interview Reviews

Meeting Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rueil-Malmaison (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Rueil-Malmaison (France)) in January-2017.

Interview

Entretien par téléphone (Présentation de soi, expérience passées, ce que je peux apporter pour l'entreprise), puis entretien face a face. Pas beaucoup de communication sur le processus pendant le recrutement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Bien. Nous avons pu arriver a un accord commun

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Paris (France)) in September-2013.

Interview

Easy and straightforward. Just two ITWs with top executives in France and the US. The process took one month overall. I felt very confident from day one. I just had to fulfil a lot of documents for HR but nothing complicated and I was asked to provide my diplomas and previous salaries. I found the overall process easy and really quick.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rueil-Malmaison (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (Rueil-Malmaison (France)) in July-2016.

Interview

Contacté par téléphone suite à consultation de mon profil sur L’Hôtellerie Restauration. Entretien dans les bureaux avec responsable pôle conciergerie et Ressources humaines. Questions sur le parcours professionnel, demande de attentes para rapport à l'entreprise, mise en situation professionnelle.

Assistant Marketing (Stage) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Paris (France)).

Interview

Les RH vous appellent et vous demandent de vous présenter puis de parler de votre expérience ainsi que de votre connaissance de la littérature et de la grammaire françaises.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi pensez-vous que vous correspondez à l'exigence de ce métier ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Brighton, England (UK)) in January-2014.

Interview

Entretien devant team leader et une autre personne de l'équipe. Duree de l'entretien environ une heure ou l'on vous interroge sur votre parcours vos motivations. Plutot classique. Il y a pratiquement que le team leader qui dirige l'entretien et pose des questions.

Interview Questions

• What did you achieve in your former position that you are particularly proud of?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express in January-2015.

Interview

Applied online through referral. After 2 months got an email to schedule an interview. Format was two 45 minute back to back phone interviews with 2 directors/managers in different departments. Mostly behavioral questions like give me an example of ......

Corporate Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in September-2014.

Interview

I completed the application online which based on the criteria submitted lead me to a 60 minute timed online test. Approximately 2 weeks later I received a phone call to set up a 30 minute phone interview. The questions were typical situation work scenarios that I answered using the star format. I guess I did well with that interview. One week later I received a phone call to set up conference interview for next week. I do not know what this will entail which makes me nervous because I like to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question - Tell me about a time that you developed a plan for a problem and how the plan was implemented.   1 Answer

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in September-2009.

Interview

Tell me about yourself? How is your company's legal department structured? Why do you think you can contribute to the team? The position was open because the previous person had been let go for "personality reasons". They told me that the team works so closely together that it is imperative that everyone in the group gets along.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Good process, two interview rounds, quick offer, was able to receive a little higher than initial offer after negotiations, background check completed fast, official documentation received quickly as well, would recommend

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

This was the first round, Phone screening interview. It took about 30 minutes. The interview was schedules as a result of on campus career fair. Got the call in about a week to schedule the phone interview. After clearing the phone screening it took them about a week to schedule an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Sort unique lines in a file as per their frequence. The file has millions of lines.   Answer Question