American Express Travel Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

American Express Travel Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at American Express

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

It was a thorough an well put together interview with many of the questions revolving around places you would like to travel or places you had already visited. Great sell on the Company and culture as well.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited funds where would travel.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I received an email from them a recruiter. I then called the number from the recruiter and had told him I had applied and introduced myself. he was very acceptable of my introduction. after talking a few moments he went ahead and set up A phone interview with one of his colleaguesthat lasted about 45 minutes. I was then sent for situational questions that had to be answered within 24 hours. I am still waiting to see if I will go on to the next level of interviewing which would be with the hiring manager. I wish told where the position was located and also what the hire date they were looking for was I'm very excited I hope all goes well

Interview Questions

• I wish given a set of or situational questions very extensive beach with guy parts to answer   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

I initially applied on-line through Monster over a holiday weekend. The next Monday I was called for a cold phone interview. The lady was extremely nice. She asked a few basic resume questions and advised me she would forward my information to our local office and an interview would be set up.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Once you get a interview it's fairly fast in 3 phases - hiring leader, panel, then executive... I originally applied back in May but didn't receive a call back until July. After July a phone interview was conducted, then if qualified you were moved to the face to face interview with the hiring leader. First face to face interview took place in August

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process took under two weeks. First step was a call from an Amex recruiter the same day I applied online. She set up the HireVue web interview where I answered some general questions, it's a one way web cam where once it's done it is viewed by the recruiter. Then she called to set up a phone interview which took about an hour. We went over my work history and aptitude on the GDS systems Amex uses. More situational questions about customer service and how I felt my experience would be a plus to the company. Next step was a two way web interview with a manager that took about an hour. She went over schedules, parameters of the job, and asked more general questions. Four days later I got a call from a recruiting manager and was offered the job. She advised me when I would receive the equipment (work at home position), went over benefits, schedule for training, etc. I worked for American Express some years ago so they welcomed me back and I am excited to start training! Best advice; know the STAR formula for answering their questions, let your personality and passion shine, and be flexible with regards to schedules, etc. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have many years experience and was able to negotiate the salary I desired.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Video conference with 2 HR professionals. Tell me something about yourself?
    Which country would u like to visit & why?? Explain by giving some examples. How do u handle tough situations & clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself?
      Which country would u like to visit & why??Tell me something about yourself?
      Which country would u like to visit & why??The interview sucked. Cause they told me that they had a better post for me. Then they made me go through round robin style interview. I declined the interview cause it was not worth my time.   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Mesa, AZ (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Virtual "teleconference" interview done at home on the computer. HR recruiter was late getting on call and seemed to want to rush through the interview. Didn't feel like I was able to have a real conversation. After two weeks, heard absolutely nothing back, assumed I did not move on to the next stage. Would frankly have felt better if I had been sent a rejection letter after submitting the application online. Not everyone has even heard of the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond expectations to help a customer   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Nashville, TN (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

** Note: This is the very first negative review I have ever given on a company here or elsewhere including social media. My hope is that Amex will learn something from this review. I hope they see it. Having applied to multiple opportunities as a Travel Consultant over the course of the past year, I was excited to once again be invited for a phone interview. I say once again because I had a phone interview several months ago and was told that I would be advancing to the next step in the process and that I would hear from the hiring team soon as they were anxious to fill the position. I never heard a word. No courtesy email. Nothing. Fast forward to just last week and once again I am asked to interview by phone. It was the most boring, canned interview I have ever experienced. And I've interviewed a lot and even taught interview technique at 2 travel trade schools in the US and Japan. The interviewer was clearly bored in her job and had zero enthusiasm about the company. She was short and came across as condescending. Likely short because the "brief interview" turned out to be 45 minutes long! Mostly her reading her canned/memorized statements and questions. I get it. I understand that Amex is trying to weed out candidates that may be overqualified and/or just not suitable for the position, but I came away from the experience 1) exhausted from boredom and 2) with a horrible impression of the company. One thing I've noticed over the years is that the wisest companies realize that every single job candidate is also a potential customer and a completely free opportunity to market their brand to hundreds of thousands of people. Amex does not understand this. Companies I have interviewed with such as Microsoft and Virgin America (both of which I was offered the position) get this. I would not even consider doing any business with Amex based on my experience in the hiring process, let alone work for them!

Interview Questions

• She asked many typical canned questions.   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

(Speed Dating Style)
    Was really great to interview with all of the managers at different stations. they each went over different topics. Was not your typical interview structure, so it helped ease the stress.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Asked if I had a hashtag, what would it be. Want to make sure you're not incompetent and that you're well spoken. It wasn't difficult, once I got hired it was apparent they'll hire anyone and you get sifted through the cracks after training is over. Don't sweat the interview, sweat the certification and graduation process instead.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.