American Express Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 46 of over 2,769.0 interviews

In Person8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in Feb 2022

Interview

Very normal behavioral/situational. Nothing out of the ordinary. I believe they have questions that are generated and they need to ask and then after those are done, they do their own thing Recruiters were not great but actually employees were incredibly nice Great opportunity but had to decline because comp is absurdly low. Couldn’t believe it. It’s very bizarre

Interview Questions
  • Who do you admire and why?
    Answer Question

American Express

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in Jan 2022

Interview

HR seemed to be incredibly dismissive of my application when I said that I would be open to moving to NYC, but do not currently live there. I did get a follow up interview, but it didn't feel right after that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=American Express~35
Join the conversation on

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Recuiter has not provided the correct job description : first part of interview went well as I was reciting past experience, however the conversation fades as the recruiting manager and myself found out the incorrect role information has been shared. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • What was the most difficult situation/account that you have handled?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY)

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone interview, virtual interviews for fit and skills. The recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone screen a day after I submitted my application. She said she will get back in 2 weeks but didn't reply to my emails when I reached out to her after 4 weeks of wait. When my referred reached out to her internally, she said the process is on hold. I received a rejection a few days later. After a month, another recruiter emailed me, asking if I was still interested. He said since I already had the hiring manager round, he would schedule team interviews. He didn't even have the correct information! He never got back to me. Thankfully, I am not looking for jobs anymore and I wouldn't consider applying there again.

Interview Questions
  • Why American Express, How does your experience align with the role you are interviewing for etc.

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

I was very disappointed by the interview process with American Express, a company I admire greatly. I was originally contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, who then passed me on to a different recruiter who scheduled time for a phone screen. The recruiter did not call me on our set day/time, and after several back-and-forth emails, the only time he could find for another 15-minute phone screen was a week later. I've spoken with several recruiters over the years, and I was taken aback by how rude and dismissive he was when we finally spoke. He cut me off when I was answering questions, and if I asked a question, he responded with a one-word answer. Unfortunately, this process left a very bad taste in my mouth with AMEX. I believe these recruiters are contractors, but, if so, at least the one I spoke with does not represent the company well to prospective candidates.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express

Interview

I was contacted by a person who was conducting the screening process from.... India! He was not acute how the process works in the States and did not possess the basics (e.g., "You are in Jersey City, so New York will not work out for you", college vs grad school etc). He would ask the same questions more than once ("why are you looking for a job" although I just told him about it a second ago!, "what made you switch from this company to next" - I told you earlier this was when I was in graduate school). There were plenty examples of this kind. I get it AMEX is cutting costs by shifting the jobs overseas, but, man, you should at least get someone who is accustomed to at least some degree to the culture in the United States. The conversation was so bad, so two minutes in the interview process I made up my mind about AMEX. I have heard some bad stories about it before (none were good) but this time I witnessed it myself. Thank you.

Interview Questions
  • Same questions were asked few times. None of them were aiming to learn about the candidate, the personality, examples of projects etc. Checking boxes mostly.