American Express Director Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 34 of over 2,769.0 interviews

Recruitment Agency10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (Minneapolis, MN) in Jul 2021

Interview

Had a fantastic experience with the recruiter, but the VP that I interviewed with was appalling. She called me by the wrong name, and then at one point said “If I can just find someone with half a brain”. Who says that to anyone, much less a candidate? No EQ, and obviously thinks she is the smartest person in the room. Horrible candidate experience, and actually makes me want to cut up my AMEX card if that is the culture of the organization.

Interview Questions
  • Standard interview questions but all over the place
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Thorough and well followed up on time and with feedback at every stage of the process. Thorough and well followed up on time and with feedback at every stage of the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=American Express~35
Join the conversation on

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Straightforward and predictable, unless the hiring manager has a person in mind. .. in which case it becomes a case less about merit and more about network. The organization is, however, trying to instill a formal process which will help to make this more structured, fair which should yield better and more consistent results.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how your current role prepares you for this role's challenge?

American Express

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at American Express

Interview

F2F HR, Telephonic with Leader, 2 F2F with Leader HR interview very thorough, Leadership interviews focussed on past experience, Verbal comittment for offer given by HR but no follow up. Overall very negative experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in Sep 2019

Interview

The phone screen seems outsourced to a third party in another country. The questions were obvious he was only looking to check criteria off a list he was given, with little discussion or interest in me as a professional. Would expect more given my level of experience, and turned me off from the company culture.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in Oct 2018

Interview

phone interview with a technical recruiter took place late afternoon and covered former coworkers we knew in common as well as my experience. The technical recruiter was very professional and experienced in how to conversationally walk through the information she needed.

Interview Questions
  • very professionally walked me through the experience I had which directly corresponded to their requirements