American Express Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 2,769.0 interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana)

Interview

• Reached out to the Director who was a very unorganised, he shared the resume with another manager who scheduled my interview for the role of Lead Analyst whereas it should have been Manager. Highly unsystematic. • The 1st round was with the Director and the other manager who scheduled the interview, they had no idea what to ask and it seemed like an extempore. • The Director insisted I join at a lower level so that I can get more time to settle down since they already had an internal candidate for the Manager role • When there was nothing to ask, he said I’ll give you an assignment and asked me to call him the next day so that he could get data from some public source • Next round once he gave the data at 9:15 pm IST, he expected me to build a model by 9:45 pm IST and present the same to him • After completing the model, he very conveniently moved the call next day again at 8 pm IST • He never appeared for the discussion and after calling him multiple time the response was that we are currently hiring for Lead Analyst role, will reach out once we start the process for Manager • After 2 months, I get a mail saying the position has been filled internally PLEASE DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME, THEY’RE A BUNCH OF LAIDBACK PEOPLE WHO ONLY LIKE COOKING STORIES. A LOT OF THINGS WILL BE PROMISED BUT NOTHING WILL BE DELIVERED

Interview Questions
  • Project related questions on machine learning models
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter (This experience was very strange as the recruiter went into more detail about why the position was available which was due to the fact that the incumbent was not working out and then was rather unprofessional when he received a response on my salary expectations) Next rounds would include a phone interview with hiring manager and then with additional individuals with team members

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=American Express~35
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in Jan 2022

Interview

After initial posting, I was contacted by an HR representative to complete an initial screening several weeks after I had posted for the position. They contacted three interviews over a three week period with multiple levels of interviewers. The questions were based on past experience as well as storytelling of how particular competencies were displayed in previous actions and roles.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you displayed x competency and how you did it

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

First contact from recruitment team, and setting up interview round 1 and 1 week later round 2, The notice of final decision came the 3rd weeks. The questions are very straight forward, I was asked to do 1 case study, and produce the results on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

Panel Interview with multiple q's then followed buy senior leader (VP) for final interview. It was very lengthy to get to the first interview maybe a month or more after applying and then only a week to get to final.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Express

Application

I interviewed at American Express

Interview

The process was easy. The interviewer did'nt face me and seemed too busy to take the interview, the questions were straightforward, behavorial and not too technical. Walking the through the resume etc. AMEX should look into the process and improve upon it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY