Venterra Realty Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2021

4.6
Venterra Realty Co-Founder, CEO & Director John Foresi
John Foresi
Pros
  • "AMAZING culture and core values - the best company to work for(in 34 reviews)

• "They love to promote from within and really want their employees to learn and grow(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are so many different property management companies out there that claim they are a "great place to work" but honestly(in 6 reviews)

• "I really cannot think of anything(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Highly recommend"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Director in Richmond Hill, ON

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Venterra is truly a values-based company! You have an opportunity to customize your own career path and work on interesting projects. The organization is passionate about lifelong learning, innovation and the resident/customer experience.

Cons

I really dont have any to note.

April 22, 2021Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate your review and your dedication over the past 10+ years! I’m happy to hear that your experience with us has been as positive as it has, and I’m looking forward to the years to come. Please be sure to reach out if you do spot any areas for improvement along the way. Thank you again for taking the time to provide the review and share your perspective here.

2. COVID-19

"A Company True To Its Values"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Richmond Hill, ON

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Venterra is a dream-come-true type of company. There is a great emphasis placed on the employee experience/workplace culture, work-life balance, open conversations with supportive leadership on your career goals (many opportunities to grow and develop your skills professionally), and they offer competitive pay. I felt very equipped, secure and confident in being able to stay productive while working from home AND keep my position since the start of COVID. The CEO and Chairman both make it a point to remember your name and make intentional and meaningful conversations with all staff - this is just a small example of how Venterra's core values flow from the top down! If you're looking for a company to grow with in your career, Venterra does a phenomenal job in supporting you every step of the way.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Venterra is awesome!

August 6, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for sharing your review! It’s great hearing that your time with us during and prior to the COVID pandemic has been so positive and that you’ve felt appreciated and fully supported along the way. Please be sure to let us know if you do spot any areas for improvement that might need attention in the future. Thank you again for providing the feedback!

3. "Excellent company with amazing management"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Mangers are always understanding of personal matters and often go out of their way to make sure their employees are not sacrificing personal life for work. Employees stick to the company values which are not just corporate b.s. They actually guide everyone to do a good job.

Cons

There are 0 cons to working at Venterra....seriously.

November 6, 2020Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking a moment to reflect on your time with us here! We certainly believe in letting our Core Values guide the decisions we make from the small to the big, so it’s great that you’ve seen everyone staying true to them during your time on the team. Be sure to speak up if you do spot any “cons” that might need our attention in the future. Thanks again for sharing the review!

4. COVID-19

"A Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Richmond Hill, ON

I worked at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Venterra treats their employees at all levels extremely well. The following is a list of reasons I recommend working for Venterra: - Inspiring and motivating leaders from ownership through to management - competitive and attractive compensation - flexible work hours and location (They transitioned seamlessly to a remote model during Covid) - a company that is growing quickly which creates opportunity for career growth

Cons

No major cons to working at Venterra

Continue reading

August 21, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for sharing the review! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, felt that our transition through the onset of COVID-19 went smoothly, and that you’d recommend us to others. We’ll certainly continue to focus on creating positive employee experiences for everyone on the Venterra team. Thanks again for the feedback, and please be sure to stay in touch!

5. "Great Workplace Culture and emphasis on Work-Life Balance"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Richmond Hill, ON

I worked at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive Management; Innovative Culture; Growth Mindset; Opportunity to learn! Venterra was a great place to work. The management team shares a keen interest in the professional growth of staff.

Cons

None; Venterra is actually a terrific place to work!

July 22, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide the review! We’re glad to know that your time with us was as positive as it was and that you didn’t spot any drawbacks during your tenure. That said, we’re always on the lookout for ways we can further improve the experience of our team members, so if anything does come to mind please don’t hesitate to reach out to let us know! Thank you again for sharing the feedback.

6. "Good culture, but over-worked"

Former Employee - Analyst in Richmond Hill, ON

I worked at Venterra Realty full-time

Pros

Good culture, casual dress code

Cons

Over worked with little pay and no increase

October 6, 2020Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback about your time with us in our Canada office. I’m sorry to hear that your employee experience wasn’t up to the standard we aim to achieve. A big part of a positive experience is ensuring our expectations are realistic and well-aligned with compensation. Pay level is typically informed by reporting and considerations of the specific background, education, skills, and experience of the individual team member; but there are certainly times when we might be missing the mark or additional considerations should be taken into account. For this reason, we encourage our team members to have candid conversations with their direct supervisors on this topic, or any other, at any time. To have a better feel for your specific situation, I’d love an opportunity to connect with you to gather a few more details. A quick chat could help ensure that our present and future team members have a more positive experience with us. At your earliest convenience, please reach out to me directly by phone (905-717-8264) or email (rroos@venterraliving.com). Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts here and, in advance, for taking a few minutes to provide additional insights.

7. "Great culture and investment in talent"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Supportive leadership - Great leaders with clear direction - Great team culture, very helpful - Strong investment in talent and tools - High growth potential

Cons

- No cons to mention so far

May 31, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Venterra based on your time on the team to date. While it’s great to know that you’ve enjoyed our culture and have felt well-supported along the way, we’re always searching for areas where we can further improve, so please be sure to speak up if you do have any suggestions down the road! Thank you again for providing the feedback.

8. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Employee Experience in Richmond Hill, ON

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time

Pros

They stand by and practice all their values. They truly care about their staff. They are flexible and dedicated to make the workplace a place where everyone can feel comfortable to share anything. They encourage feedback and aren't afraid of change!

Cons

None that come to mind.

November 6, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I’m happy that your experience with us has been so positive! We’re always looking for ways to further improve, so please be sure to share with us if you do come across any areas where we might be able to do so. Thank you again for the feedback!

"Disposable commodity"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Richmond Hill, ON

I worked at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment, working from home allowed, good people around.

Cons

You are disposable commodity and if the company decides to cut cost you will be out without notice. While I have been there for longer than 1 year I saw how people escorted from it in surprise fashion. I saw new employees let go as well as veterans who has been with the company for years. I have been performing well but few times mentioned that expectations are higher because of my high salary. So after one year and a couple months, I saw that they hired less experienced and obviously less expensive developers and as I predicted after knowledge transfer was done I was let go without notice as well. I am happy as I have better opportunities on the table but people joining Venterra should be aware of how they treat you if they decide to change the course.

March 30, 2020Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the working environment, flexibility and especially the people you worked with. We pride ourselves on the positive experience we provide Venterra employees from candidate to alumnus, so we’re disappointed to read that this was not what you experienced at the end of your tenure. As an industry-leading organization, we know our success is grounded in our people. Cost-related separations have not occurred with us for more than a decade, so we believe there’s an opportunity to provide more clarity around the circumstances of your particular separation. I hope your review signals that you are open to providing additional feedback and ask that you reach out to Bill Allison, or any of our senior leaders, to provide more details on your experience. This is the first step in us rectifying your experience and learning from it so we can work to better the organization. Thank you again for sharing your experiences and, in advance, for helping to offer more clarity on them.

10. "Challenging, rewarding, second family"

Current Employee - Manager in Richmond Hill, ON

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging environment that provides opportunities to constantly get better and raise to the next level. People are helpful, highly skilled, friendly - feels like a second family. I’ve been searching for a long time to work for a company like this!

Cons

All looks great, no cons to talk about.

January 18, 2020Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate the review and I’m happy to know that you’re continuing to enjoy being part of the Venterra Family! We’re glad that your search resulted in you finding us, too, and we’re looking forward to the years to come. There’s always room to improve, so please be sure to let us know if you do spot any areas you feel might need attention down the road. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts here!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 379 Reviews