Venterra Realty Assistant Property Manager Reviews

Former Employee

Low Work Life Balance

Jun 4, 2021 - Property Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office facility and office location

Cons

Kind of forced overtime culture in the group

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience on the Venterra Team. I’m sorry to hear that your time with us wasn’t up to our standard. Work/life balance certainly plays a big part in employee experience, and, while we have high expectations for our team members, it’s important that they aren’t juggling an unrealistic workload. Given this, I’d encourage you to reach out to me directly, by phone (905-717-8264) or email (rroos@venterraliving), to share specifics so I can have a full understanding of the situation and we can start taking any necessary steps to remedy your concerns. Thank you again for providing the review.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

**4 years later and I still love it here**

Feb 26, 2021 - Property Manager in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Venterra now for 4 years and I am so thankful to be a part of this team. My direct manager makes me feel valued, gives constant feedback so I always know what is expected of me, and she values my input. One of the things I love most about working here is the lack of cattiness, I know it seems crazy, but if you have ever worked in a negative environment, you really appreciate it when you no longer deal with that. Venterra values their people and when they say "Team First" they mean it. The benefits are wonderful, I was recently out on FMLA while having bilateral knee replacement, and my supervisor was super supportive, she never made me fear for my job and often checked in on me asking me to rest and take time to recover. My coworkers, supported me by helping out with my community and my team, I never feared for my job, I knew they had it in hand! I get 3 weeks of paid vacation, life insurance, medical, dental, 401K, vision, discount program through several vendors and retailers, and have 2 vacation sites available to me for free through the company! This is truly a great place to work!

Cons

We are a small property management company, and employees are happy and don't leave, this makes it hard to get a promotion. I am a manager and will likely remain so, unless I leave, which will be one of the hardest decisions I have to make, when its time.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your review here. It's great to know your four years with us have been as positive as they have, and that you've felt the full support of your team and Venterra throughout! We certainly want to retain our dedicated team members by creating a great employee experience, and seeing a pathway for career growth is definitely a big part of that experience. As our portfolio continues to expand, we fully expect to see more opportunities for employee advancement and will continue making good on our Employer Promise to strive to promote from within. To best prepare you for the next step, please be sure to continue having regular conversations with your Regional Manager about your ideal career trajectory, and keep the feedback coming. Thank you, again, for sharing the feedback!

3. Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Simply the best!

Aug 31, 2020 - Regional Director of Property Management in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Truly a family. We have a voice. Quarterly reviews. Company built on integrity. Employees are appreciated and respected. Customer service is revered.

Cons

Would like to see PTO encompass sick time and vacation time.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for the feedback and for all your hard work over the years with us! Our focus on having our offices and communities staffed with dedicated, caring employees is a big part of the reason we can maintain the culture you describe. It’s important that we’re constantly examining our programs and company policies to further improve the experience of our employees and the customers they serve. We appreciate your thoughts regarding our PTO structure. We’ll absolutely keep them in mind as we consider any future adjustments. In the meantime, feel free to reach out directly for a conversation on the topic. Thanks again for providing the review!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS COMPANY

Apr 16, 2019 - Assistant Property Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra is easily the BEST company I have ever worked for. The management is amazing and I will am so grateful to work for such a wonderful company. I am looking forward to many years of growing my career with Venterra.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints working here. The upper management/corporate office really take our opinions seriously and genuinely care about our well being. Venterra has been the best working experience of my life.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for the review. I’m delighted that you’ve experienced our focus on employee experience during your time at Venterra and have had such positive interactions with management. We’re certainly looking forward to your years to come on the team, too! That said, being a world-class organization requires constantly learning and evolving, so if you do have any suggestions for us down the road, please don’t hesitate to speak up or submit a Better Way suggestion. Thank you again for sharing the feedback here!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great people

Jan 10, 2019 - Property Manager in Brampton, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra Realty is a fun yet challenging company to work for in the property management industry. You will love everyone you work with and have lots of fun doing your job!

Cons

The work hours can be long at times but this is a common in the industry.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you sharing the feedback! It’s great that your years on the team were as positive as they were and that you’d recommend us to others for employment and career growth. While having a strong work ethic is an important trait for a Venterra employee to have, we also know it’s important to make time to cut loose and have fun, so I’m glad that you experienced this part of our culture during your time with us. Thanks so much for your dedication and hard work during your time on the team and, again, for sharing the review here!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Company To Work For.

Oct 3, 2018 - Assistant Property Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best company to work. I just completed 7 years with this company. I couldn't be happier.

Cons

None.

Chief Operating Officer

Congratulations on your seven year Venterra anniversary and thank you for the review! I’m happy to read that your time with us has been so positive and that you’d recommend us to others for employment. We’re looking forward to your continued growth with us into the future. If you do have suggestions for organizational improvements in the future, we’re all ears! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us here.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Too many changes

Jun 11, 2018 - Property Manager in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO,John Fersi , Chairman,Andrew Stewart and COO, Richard Roos really care about the company.

Cons

I have been with Venterra for 5 years as a property Manager. Company has changed significantly. Venterra seems to be losing a lot of long term employees.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for sharing the feedback. We’re glad that you’re comfortable when it comes to the leadership team, your outlook for the company, and with recommending others to join Venterra based on your five years with us, but I’m disappointed to hear that you feel like there have been specific recent changes that have resulted unhappy employees. While change is inevitable, we believe open lines of communication with our onsite teams are necessary to ensure the changes we make are for the best, so we utilize a number of platforms (i.e. employee surveys, EthicsPoint, Better Way, Yammer groups) to consistently gather feedback and will always take it into account when it comes to operational adjustments. That said, we also know that not every voice is heard on every topic, and we can sometimes miss out on important employee perspectives, as a result. With this in mind, I’d like to encourage you to share your thoughts on this in more detail with us on one of these platforms or by reaching out to myself or another member of the senior operations team directly for a quick call or email at your convenience. Thank you again for providing the review here!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

May 17, 2018 - Assistant Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay. Good work environment.

Cons

Property sold and may not have another available position to stay with Company.

Chief Operating Officer

It’s great to read that your time on the team has been positive and we appreciate you sharing the review here. While the nature of our industry can require selling communities from time to time, we’re still dedicated to a positive employee experience for the individuals on those teams. We’ll always aim to retain employees when possible and help assist them with the search for a new fit when it’s not. Please be sure to discuss your situation with your Regional Manager in detail to ensure we’re headed in the right direction based on your specific circumstances. Thank you for the dedication and hard work on the Venterra Team to date and again for taking the time to leave a review of your experiences.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Property Manager

Mar 14, 2017 - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best Supervisor who lives and works by the companies ethics.

Cons

Becoming overly motivated by financial growth and losing site of the importance of customer service.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for sharing your review here. I’m happy reading that your years on the Venterra team have been positive overall and that you hold your Regional Manager in such a high regard. While there are always a few growing pains involved with an expanding portfolio, we remain dedicated to creating an amazing customer experience for residents and prospects alike. With this in mind, I’d be love to hear about any specific areas you feel we should be looking at closer and/or making changes. Please feel free to call or email me directly to talk through this in a bit more detail. Thanks again for providing the feedback!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

When You Enjoy What You Do, It Never Feels Like Work

Nov 14, 2016 - Assistant Property Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can go and on regarding the Pro's of this company. If you truly love helping people, you will flourish with Venterra. Since I joined this company 2 years ago, I've accomplished and gained so much in regards to both my professional and personal growth. I started with leasing and after about a year and a few months I was promoted to Assistant Community Manager/Better Living Manager. You will be provided with all the necessary training and tools you need in order to be successful. I've won awards, been acknowledged for going above and beyond, won incentives, I've traveled with the company, and despite my leaders not knowing, I've learned so much them. It's one thing to work with a company for a paycheck but it's another to work with a company that changes your life for the better. When you enjoy what you do, it doesn't feel like work. The core values of Venterra are everything I am and more. So again I say, if you truly love to be a positive impact on people's lives, if you truly love to help people daily, learn and grow in more ways than one, then this is the place for you. You have a voice and are heard everyday. Your mentors, IT department, and corporate office are always looking for ways to make your job easier and more effective. There's the Better Way program which is designed to collect feedback from the employees who mention ways to better our work system. The development team rolls out new enhancements by the week. You can actually win money by having the best Better Ways! The company wants you to have fun. We have a Fun social page and Fun Fridays that are dedicated to the enjoyment of the employees. We have such a great time! We have a Better Living Program dedicated to bettering our health and mental abilities. We have a Wow program centered on providing happiness to our residents in need. We have extra days off during the holidays and these extra days are considered "Family Days" :). As I mentioned before, I can go on and on as to why this company is definitely a prosperous career choice. I'm just simply looking forward to much more to come! Thank you Venterra for going above and beyond for all of us. I'm proud to be apart of such an amazing work family!

Cons

I really don't have any cons.

2 people found this review helpful

Venterra Recruiting Department

Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed review of Venterra here! We put a lot of effort in towards creating a unique company culture and positive employee experience, so hearing about the benefits from your own perspective is fantastic. We're happy that your values and ours are so well aligned. There's no doubt that's a big reason for your success with us so far, and we're looking forward to seeing where it takes you in the years to come! Thanks so much again for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews