Venterra Realty Assistant Manager Reviews

Current Employee, less than 1 year

1 Year employment

Nov 12, 2021 - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really friendly people to work with, management really helpful at helping you be the best at what you do. residents are super friendly.

Cons

really don't have any at this time

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your review! We always want to create an amazing experience for our team members, so it’s great to hear such positive feedback about your peers, managers, and resident alike. That said, we’re always looking for ways to improve as an organization, so please be sure let us know if you identify any areas for improvement as you continue to grow with us in the years to come. Thanks again!

2. 5.0

My 4 Year Mark

Oct 22, 2021 - Assistant Maintenance Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for many management companies and private owners over my 10 years in maintenance. This has been the only management company that has treated me with the respect and care that I deserve. They value my opinion. They allow you to make mistakes and grow from them. Every staff member and corporate personnel is down to earth and knowledgeable in their field. I can't say that about too many others. Where people lack in experience, they make up for it by asking questions. It has been great working for Venterra.

Cons

This is regionally specific, but it can be hard to move up once you hit certain positions. It isn't so much that they are only looking for people from the outside to lead, but the opportunities for advancement hit a wall if the company hasn't focused as much in acquiring other properties in the region. Sometimes it's the market; sometimes it's a lack of future venture in the region. If you are a Mentor, you go to different properties to train new people and help them become "Venterrized". There aren't many people in each region to do this job, so we may use Microsoft Teams to train them. Teams, while useful in some settings, is not well suited for maintenance personnel training. It also doesn't come with a raise. If the Mentor and Mentee both fill out a survey, the mentor gets a small bonus. But, for a multitude of reasons, the Mentee does not fill out a survey and the Mentor does not receive the bonus. It may be wise to include a raise ($.25, $.50 etc.) for those people that want to go above and beyond the job they originally were hired to do. It isn't much of a con to me, but it does get annoying.

Chief Operating Officer

Happy four year Venterraversary and thank you for the review! As you know, we’re in the business of people before the business of apartments, so I’m happy to hear that your experience with us is aligned with this approach. As we continue to grow, we’ll absolutely keep working to make good on our Leader Promise to strive to promote from within. Please be sure to keep an eye on internal opportunities to come as we do have a number of acquisitions on the horizon, including in the DFW region! We appreciate the feedback regarding our mentor program, as well. While the approach to training can vary by region and role, a completed survey from the Mentee isn’t a requirement for a Mentor bonus. I’d encourage you to connect with your Regional Trainer to ensure that all bonus payouts have happened as they should. We definitely want to ensure that our Mentors are receiving compensation that’s aligned with their efforts in this critical area of operations, so we’ll also be sure to take your suggestion of an additional increase in hourly pay into account, as well. Thanks so much again for sharing your thoughts here, and please be sure to keep the feedback coming in the years to follow!

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I have worked for !

Jul 11, 2021 - Better Living Manager/Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Value personal life, fun, kind, understanding, established, goal oriented

Cons

Not many communities in Dallas

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for taking a moment to share the review and provide your feedback. I’m glad that your time with us was as positive as it was! In addition to exploring opportunities for growth in new areas, our acquisitions team continues to stay busy looking at potential for growth where we have an established presence, as well. This certainly includes the Dallas-Fort Worth area, so be sure to stay in touch and keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest Venterra news. Thanks again for sharing your review here!

4. 5.0

Such an amazing company!

Feb 22, 2021 - Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

So many opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, great benefits, innovation, fun culture, diversity, employee recognition

Cons

long hours, mentally draining due to the nature of the industry, hard to balance work/life due to late work nights and weekends

Chief Operating Officer

I'm happy to read that you're enjoying the elements of our culture that make Venterra unique, and appreciate you sharing the review! Our aim to be a leader in an industry that requires creating an amazing customer experience can certainly be demanding, but it's also our responsibility to create an industry-leading employee experience, as well. Work/life balance is definitely an important part of that, so if you feel we might be able to improve in this area at your community or generally, we'd love to hear more. Please feel free to have a conversation with your Community Manager on this topic or reach out to me directly to discuss further. Thank you again for the feedback!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company to work for

Oct 29, 2020 - Assistant Manager in Newnan, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company cares about the employees and doesn't treat you like a number

Cons

I love working for Venterra, I dont have any cons

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and are looking forward to your remaining a happy employee with us well into the future! Please continue to keep the feedback coming along the way so that we can grow along with you. Again, thank you for taking a moment to provide the review!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Through open communication, benefits, and a healthy social environment, Venterra has exceed my expectations!

Oct 23, 2020 - Assistant Maintenance Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, pay, employees, manageable work load.

Cons

Regions vary with promotion opportunities.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your 3+ years at Venterra! We’re looking forward to continuing to exceed your expectations in the years to come. If you have any specific suggestions that would help make it happen, please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way suggestion for consideration. Thank you again for sharing here!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with a Great Culture!

May 13, 2020 - Assistant Community Manager in League City, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, tons of help available, phenomenal mentoring program very much felt the family feeling.

Cons

Slow at promoting current employees.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to reflect on your experiences at Venterra and sharing your feedback! I’m happy to know that our training, company culture, and employee resources helped create such a positive atmosphere while you were on the team. Working to retain and promote employees who have the proven skills and culture fit to thrive on our team is a critical part of ensuring our success as an organization. With this in mind, we’re constantly exploring ways to streamline the promotion process and enhance communication around the topic. While we always look within our own ranks before and during external recruiting efforts, it can sometimes be difficult to align the right opportunity with an employee who is ready for advancement in a timeframe that works for them. That said, we’ll absolutely keep this feedback in mind as we work to further improve the experience of our employees. Thank you again for providing the review!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Feb 13, 2020 - Assistant Maintenance Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work great team as management and higher up

Cons

No cons great place to work friendly management

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you leaving the review! I’m glad to know that your experience with us has been so positive. With our Core Value of a “never-ending pursuit of excellence” we’re always on the lookout for ways to do better, so if you do spot any areas for improvement down the road, please be sure to speak up or submit a Better Way suggestion. Thanks again for the feedback!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Venterra Actually Cares About Me. Best Place to Work!

Nov 9, 2019 - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra's culture is fun, family oriented, and allows for creativity and innovation from all levels, not just upper management. They make me feel extremely valued. Personal development is a strong focus and they push you to continue to improve in not only your profession life, but on a personal level as well. They are huge on promoting from within and encourage it. I seriously love working for this company and am truly grateful to have come across this opportunity.

Cons

Speaking on property management overall, it is mentally challenging industry. Working a lot of weekends.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for providing the feedback! I’m happy to hear that your years on the team have been as positive as they have. We’re all about creating an atmosphere where employees are able to grow personally and professionally while ensuring they have an understanding of just how valuable their contributions are to residents, coworkers, and our organization, as a whole. While we hold high expectations for all of our employees, and every position certainly has its own set of challenges, our goal is to create and maintain a second-to-none company culture so employees are empowered to face them with confidence. With this in mind, if you do have any specific suggestions on further improving the employee experience please don’t hesitate to submit a Better Way suggestion or have a chat with your Community Manager. Thank you again for sharing your experiences here!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best management company I've ever worked for.

Oct 22, 2019 - Assistant Maintenance Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Out of all the programs that this company has (education assistance, paid days off, WOW program, etc.), the only thing that really mattered to me was that I was treated right. Usually maintenance doesn't get treated well or even like a person. Venterra has given me hope that there are companies out there that have some decency and morality when it comes to their employees.

Cons

I havent found one yet worth mentioning.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback. It’s great to hear that you’ve enjoyed all of our perks and programs and have been treated well while enjoying them with us! It’s our goal to create and amazing experience for every one of our employees, regardless of department or position. With this in mind, I’d like to encourage you to speak up or submit a Better Way idea if you do have any specific areas that might need attention in the future. Thank you again for the review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews