Find jobs for Leasing Consultant

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Your Career is What you Make It

Jan 7, 2022 - Senior Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee development and growth Strong Team dynamic Competitive pay Above average benefits package Ever changing and innovative

Cons

None at this moment, I'm pretty happy with where I am going.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for the review and congratulations on your move into our Senior BLC position! We appreciate you taking a moment to reflect on your time with us and share it here. Great hearing that you’re enjoying Venterra and our unique culture! We’ll definitely take your advice to heart and continue to make good on our Leader Promise to invest in the professional development of our team members and strive to promote from within. Be sure to let us know if you have any specific suggestions for improvement in the future, and thank you again for sharing your thoughts here!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Postive overall

Dec 15, 2021 - Leasing Agent in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment Supportive leadership Commission was good

Cons

Tenants Working weekends on your own

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for the review! I’m glad that your time with us has been positive overall and looking forward to continuing the trend in the years to come. While meeting resident needs does tend to require some open hours on weekends, we’re always on the lookout for new ways to further improve our team members’ experience, so please be sure to keep the feedback coming. Thanks again for taking a moment to share your thoughts!

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Has potential

Dec 17, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discount on living and mentorship program

Cons

Pay and commission could be better and their portfolio is older properties and trying to flip them but doesn't work that well with managers that are afraid of upset residents.

Chief Operating Officer

The review is much appreciated, but I’m sorry to read the negative takeaways. Given that compensation is an important part of employee experience, we recently increased the leasing commission setup and earning potential based on feedback from our onsite teams. While our portfolio does include communities with a range of sizes and ages, our long-term approach to business most often results in a newly acquired community remaining under our management for a number of years. That said, every situation is different, and, regardless of the amount of time a community is under our ownership, it is important that onsite management is delivering a great resident experience by competently and confidently addressing customer needs. If you have additional insights that could help ensure this is the case, I’d love to connect. If so, feel free to reach out by phone (905-717-8624) or by email (rroos@venterraliving.com) at your convenience. Thank you again for sharing here and Happy Holidays!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Venterra Opportunities

Dec 3, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for this company will give you many opportunities as you grow with an innovating and caring organization that cares about it's employees and partners.

Cons

Difficult bonus structure for leasing in smaller properties.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for the review! I’m so glad to hear that you’ve seen us caring for our employees, residents, and partners during your 10+ years on the team and truly appreciate your ongoing dedication and hard work during your tenure. We’re excited to have recently rolled out our new leasing commission structure which, in addition to increasing leasing commissions, normalizes for community size, providing more equal commission opportunities across the portfolio. If you haven’t already, be sure to connect with your Community Manager to discuss this new setup in more detail to have all your questions answered. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts here!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

awesome

Nov 16, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company and benefits to work for.

Cons

no cons were at this company.

Chief Operating Officer

We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Venterra and appreciate you sharing the experience here! Please be sure to stay connected with us and reach out if you do have any suggestions for us at all in the future. Thank you again for the review!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Amazing

Oct 4, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Katy, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard working plus really good company

Cons

Terrible management that were crazy

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share the review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us overall, but I’m disappointed to read about your takeaways regarding management, given the importance of leadership in creating a great employee experience. I would love a chance to gain some additional insights in order to ensure there are no ongoing issues that should be addressed. The third party service, EthicsPoint (https://bit.ly/1NPNZHS), remains a great resource for making any anonymous reports, even after employment. Alternately, you can reach out to me to discuss directly by phone (905-717-8264) or email (rroos@venterraliving.com). Thanks again for the feedback and in advance for sharing a few more details about your experience!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Culture

Sep 9, 2021 - Leasing Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-truly care abut employees -CEO knows you and you know them -flexible scheduling -work-life balance -fun days, parties, contests -promote from within -promote fast -great pay -opportunity to learn and grow -pay for education -amazing benefits -top ranked CEO -mentors -great training -commission is easy

Cons

- some properties can be really really busy and at these tough times short staffed. The company does care and works hard to get you staffed as soon as possible.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to share the review, and I’m glad that you’re enjoying the perks, programs, and culture that make Venterra unique! Given the level of service that our customers have come to expect, it is critical that we staff our communities and offices as quickly as possible, while still taking the time to ensure we’re onboarding individuals who are a great culture fit. This approach can take a bit longer, but, in the long run, we believe it works out best for all involved. Reviews like yours also help our candidates determine if we’re the right place for them while providing us with valuable insights into employee experience, so thank you again for sharing here. Please be sure to keep the feedback coming!

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work?

Jul 15, 2021 - Better Living Consultant (Leasing Consultant)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team leadership and good benefits

Cons

Management acts like they value your input and suggestions, but they really don't. They will expect you to bend over backwards to meet their expectations but the pay doesn't equate the expectation.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you providing your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with us hasn’t met the standard we aim to achieve. As you mention, regardless of their role, we do have high expectations for our team members, but compensation should match those expectations. Adjustments to pay based on benchmarking reports and regular team member evaluations are intended to help create this alignment, but we know this sometimes isn’t enough. With this in mind, I’d encourage you to have a candid conversation with your manager for a deeper dive into the topic. That said, having a voice (something that’s one of our Employer Promises) is crucial to any successful dialogue, so if you feel your input isn’t being valued or taken seriously, I’d first like the opportunity to learn a little more about the situation. Please reach out directly to me at your convenience by phone (905-717-8264) or email (rroos@venterraliving.com) to provide a few more details when you have a free moment. Thanks in advance and again for sharing your thoughts here.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee

They are ok

May 19, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

the residents and people are good

Cons

Low pay, the commission changes based on rating, long hours

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback, but I’m disappointed to hear that you wouldn’t currently recommend us to others. It’s great that you’re enjoying your residents and team members, but we want your entire employee experience to be one that has you excited to call yourself a member of the Venterra Family. Pay/hours definitely plays a part in making that happen, and, while our bonus structure is tied closely to customer feedback, it’s our goal to provide all of our employees with fair and competitive pay. We rely on regional benchmarking reports and thoughtful employee evaluations to make regular adjustments to compensation, but there can certainly be times when we can achieve a better alignment between employee expectations and reality. While your direct supervisor is a great point of contact for a candid conversation on this topic, I also want you to feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss takeaways from your time on the team so far. Gaining a few more insights can give us a chance to turn your experience from “okay” to “amazing!” Thank you, again, for providing the review, and, in advance, for any additional information you can share.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Venterra Experience

Mar 9, 2021 - Leasing Professional in Sandy Springs, Optional[GA]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Their training guide’s are amazing to grow with the company.

Cons

The biggest downfall is when you use to love coming to work or loving work whenever your community manger is not in the office. Venterra it self is not a over all bad company to work for it’s really not. It’s always and always have been the person that is placed in a certain position, Micromanaging, very very bad energy, it’s very toxic. I love the company it self and the people are great there, but I refuse for a company with toxic vibes and being divided based on positions of titles. But other then that I wish my team the best wishes!!!!

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience with us and share it here. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with your direct team wasn’t up to the standard we aim to achieve. We rely on amazing leaders to create amazing employee experiences, and it sounds like that doesn’t align with your observations. Encouraging team members to provide candid, anonymous feedback on our annual Leadership Survey and through third-party provider, EthicsPoint, helps bring our attention to employee concerns, but we’re aware there are times when we may not have a full understanding of a situation. For this reason, I’d like to encourage you to follow up with me directly or utilize EthicsPoint (https://bit.ly/1NPNZHS), which remains available as a resource for former employees. Thank you in advance for providing a quick follow-up with additional details and, again, for sharing your feedback here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews