Venterra Realty Director Reviews

Former Intern

Working at Venterra

Sep 19, 2021 - Accountant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great people and team environment

Cons

- couldn't work in office due to covid

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you sharing the review, and I’m happy to hear that your time interning with us was so positive overall. COVID has certainly created some unique challenges for our team members and our organization as a whole, but we appreciate you having been flexible and understanding as we’ve prioritized the safety and wellbeing of our team members throughout the pandemic. Thank you again for the feedback, and please be sure to stay in touch!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly co-workers, successful company, stagnant jobs, and few growth opportunities

Nov 29, 2021 - Corporate Accountant in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

-collegial atmosphere among young coworkers (non-management) -financially successfully company -some opportunity to learn about the real estate industry -good place to work if you're looking for a comfortable, predictable job, performing the same or similar functions in your role -good place if you're looking to add a job function to your resume for 12-18 months

Cons

-Richmond Hill office is the back-office for Accounting and IT/Tech Support, the exciting work and growth happens at the Houston (Ops) office -long hours (especially at year-end, perhaps this should be expected) -repetitive work (that should largely be outsourced or automated) -very few opportunities to move laterally to other teams -few opportunities for promotion (this and previous comment only occur when massive exits take place - high turnover every 2 to 3 years) -some managers (now exited) do not fit the spirit of the company and over-worked their teams, resulting in the previously mentioned turnover -career development plans and pulse surveys are really just checkbox items, not actioned or realized in subsequent weeks, months, years -not recommended for those searching for internal career development (some of this is also due to the small office size) -teams work in a siloed fashion, even in the same department -weak bonus structure, rely only on your base salary, the bonuses are low and also impossible to achieve the top two classifications more than once in a blue moon -remote office location (not much of a concern with remote/hybrid plans)

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Low Work Life Balance

Jun 4, 2021 - Property Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office facility and office location

Cons

Kind of forced overtime culture in the group

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience on the Venterra Team. I’m sorry to hear that your time with us wasn’t up to our standard. Work/life balance certainly plays a big part in employee experience, and, while we have high expectations for our team members, it’s important that they aren’t juggling an unrealistic workload. Given this, I’d encourage you to reach out to me directly, by phone (905-717-8264) or email (rroos@venterraliving), to share specifics so I can have a full understanding of the situation and we can start taking any necessary steps to remedy your concerns. Thank you again for providing the review.

4. 5.0

Highly recommend

Apr 21, 2021 - Director in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra is truly a values-based company! You have an opportunity to customize your own career path and work on interesting projects. The organization is passionate about lifelong learning, innovation and the resident/customer experience.

Cons

I really dont have any to note.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate your review and your dedication over the past 10+ years! I’m happy to hear that your experience with us has been as positive as it has, and I’m looking forward to the years to come. Please be sure to reach out if you do spot any areas for improvement along the way. Thank you again for taking the time to provide the review and share your perspective here.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Wonderful company with caring leadership

Aug 25, 2021 - Director in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Caring leadership. Promotes life-long learning. Listens to the voices of employees. Overall, great company to work for and grow with.

Cons

I do not have any cons to share.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share the review! I’m thrilled to hear that your 10+ years with us have been positive and that you’ve seen us making good on our Employer Promises and Core Values throughout. As you know, we’re constantly on the lookout for ways to get better, faster, so please continue to keep an eye out for opportunities for us to improve, and speak up when you identify them. Thanks again for the feedback here!

6. 5.0

Simply the best!

Aug 31, 2020 - Regional Director of Property Management in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Truly a family. We have a voice. Quarterly reviews. Company built on integrity. Employees are appreciated and respected. Customer service is revered.

Cons

Would like to see PTO encompass sick time and vacation time.

Chief Operating Officer

Thanks so much for the feedback and for all your hard work over the years with us! Our focus on having our offices and communities staffed with dedicated, caring employees is a big part of the reason we can maintain the culture you describe. It’s important that we’re constantly examining our programs and company policies to further improve the experience of our employees and the customers they serve. We appreciate your thoughts regarding our PTO structure. We’ll absolutely keep them in mind as we consider any future adjustments. In the meantime, feel free to reach out directly for a conversation on the topic. Thanks again for providing the review!

7. 5.0

Wonderful Place to Work

Aug 20, 2020 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Venterra has very caring Leadership and places great emphasis on growth and learning. Venterra has done a great job of keeping employees informed and safe during the pandemic.

Cons

I do not have any cons to share.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Venterra and your experience with us over the past 10+ years. We truly appreciate your hard work and dedication to the organization, your team, and our residents, so I’m thrilled to read that your time with us has been so enjoyable! Please be sure to speak up as you spot areas for improvement in the future. Thank you again for the review!

8. 5.0

13 years and counting!

Dec 17, 2019 - Director of Maintenance Operations in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

A company so great that I genuinely wake up each morning excited to go to work. People ask me how I can stay with the same company for so long and I tell them that 13 years feels like it flew by because of the amount of fun and fulfillment this organization brings to my life.

Cons

Still no profit sharing program for employees. I think we should put more effort into setting up a profit sharing or investment program for employees. I understand it is complicated but it is worth the effort for our people. No one matches us on culture or quality of our people and I hope that one day, no other organization can match us on how we give back to the people that work so hard to make this organization great.

Chief Operating Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to leave the feedback and want to thank you for all of your efforts and dedication to Venterra over your 13 years on the team. We hope to continue to keep you feeling excited and fulfilled each day in the years to come! The possibility of adopting a profit sharing program of some sort has been discussed in the past, and as we work to further enhance the experience of our employees, we’ll definitely continue considering the option and exploring the organizational changes that would be required for implementation. If you have any specific thoughts or ideas on this topic that you’d like to share, please don’t hesitate to pass them along. Again, thank you so much for the review and for the years you’ve invested into making Venterra a great place to live and work!

9. 5.0

A Great 10 Years

Aug 23, 2017 - Director in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have now been employed with Venterra Realty for 10 years. I have grown with Venterra both with responsibility and as an individual. I have been presented with many great opportunities over the years and have came to cherish the time spent working with such a great group of people. I have had the opportunity to see and experience the company grow over the years and have witnessed Venterra stick to their 7 Core Values along the way. I can truly say, from experience, that this is a Great Place to Work.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative during my tenure with Venterra

Chief Operating Officer

Congratulations on hitting your ten year milestone on the team and thanks for sharing your experiences here! I’m glad that your years with us have been good ones and I’m looking forward to more to come. The Core Values that you’ve seen in action during your tenure are definitely responsible for the successes we’ve had to date, so we absolutely plan to continue putting them front and center as we make decisions moving forward. As you know, we’re always looking for ways to grow and improve as an organization, so if you do spot an area for improvement down the road please be sure to speak up and let us know. Thank you and congrats again on your ten year Venterraversary!

10. 5.0

12 Years at Venterra

Nov 9, 2016 - Director of Marketing & Customer Experience
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Venterra is exciting, challenging, and fun. I joined Venterra 12 years ago. I joined for opportunity, but I stay because we're on a mission and it's not complete yet. The Founders, John Foresi and Andrew Stewart built the company based on 7 personal values that serve as our Core Values today. I'm very fortunate, proud, and happy to work for them and Venterra. Not many people can say that about their employer.

Cons

It's no walk in the park - We work hard. We're passionate. We're opinionated. We embrace change. We have difficult discussions. We have more urgency than any company I know. If you're just looking for a job and to collect a paycheck, keep going. You need energy, passion, and compassion to work at Venterra.

Venterra Recruiting Department

Thank you so much for all the work you've put in during your time on the team and for taking a moment to share your experiences here! It's so great to hear that your twelve years with us have been so positive and continue to be. We're all about creating a positive employee experience, so will be sure to pass along your thoughts on community staffing, and, of course, on that twelve year celebratory vacation! Sounds pretty great to us, too! Looking forward to many more years to come with you at Venterra. Thank you again for your review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews