Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 4560 reviews

4.4
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff and Keith Block
Marc Benioff and Keith Block
Pros
  • "Great work/life balance (Outside of sales it seems)(in 337 reviews)

• "Salesforce is a great corporate citizen with their 1-1-1 pledge(in 132 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is hard if you don't meet targets(in 220 reviews)

• "Being a remote worker can be tough as you are a bit on your own to build relationships in a fast paced environment(in 89 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salesforce has a great culture and is very warm and welcoming to new joiners. In addition the salary and benefits are the best, I have ever come across.

Cons

Salesforce is constantly recognized as one of best employers in the world and I can't think of anything that needs to be improved.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing.

2. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Great culture and management team

Cons

High variable comp. vs a high base

Advice to Management

None

• "Pretty good company to work in!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance Lots of opportunities to learn new things Good culture!

Cons

Big corporation that sometimes moves slowly

"Great - good people, industry leading products/solutions, very good pay if you hit your numbers"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

You're always selling the best, pay, leadership.

Cons

Pace - be ready to work hard, base salaries are lower than other top tier companies (but OTE is very attainable).

• "A great company to be from"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Salesforce full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Opportunities to work on incredible projects. Learn leading industry technology. Work with ambitious people. Be surrounded by a culture of success.

Cons

Promotions and salary increases can be bureaucratic and political. Be prepared to move on to move up.

"Fantastic Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Great Colleagues - Inclusive environment - Lots of potential for development/growth - Good pay (You will hit your OTE if you work hard)

Cons

- A lot of sales jobs are now being lost to other offices (US or Canada) - Base Salary is very low (but you will make up on it as OTE is pretty certain if you work hard)

Advice to Management

- Be open and transparent with your employees. - Fix EOY hiring cycle - this was a disaster. - Continue building the excellent culture that we are known for

"Senior AE"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Outstanding Product and ability to anticipate future correctly as they always seem to make the correct choices around Roadmap. Salesforce prides itself on #Ohana which means family. It is core value/belief of company and makes it an incredible company to work for; Unless you are in Sales

Cons

3 things have changed for me as having been with company for long time and I consider them all Cons 1. Salesforce prides itself on #ohana which is family. Salesforce #ohana is vibrabnt and alive and incredible. Unless you are in Sales in which case its non existent. It is run old school the Oracle way. 2. Customers suffer the most as they did when Sales Leadership ran Oracle. Salesforce is ruthless in scraping...

Advice to Management

No Advice they are well aware of Cons, it is how they are choosing to run their business.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free snacks, volunteer days, great company to have on the CV

Cons

Quotas are VERY high and are rarely hit

Advice to Management

Comp is below industry standards

"Good benefits, toxic culture"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Salesforce for more than a year

Pros

Everything that you read on here: Free snacks, great insurance, great ESPP, paid overtime (which is a must if you want to achieve your OTE), great career opportunities if you survive, etc. You also actually feel like management care for you. I had a huge commission issued where they underpaid me by 75%, and had to fight for it for a few months. Ultimately, upper management came through, which is amazing.

Cons

Very toxic culture. The issue with Salesforce is that there are so many people lined up for working there, that they simply do not care about the long-term well-being of their employees. Salesforce is a machine, you will be put in it, use you for everything your worth, and they will spit you out and move on to the next one. Most people would say that this is what sales is like, but no, Salesforce is a beast of its own...

Salesforce Response

January 9, 2019Linda Aiello, SVP International Employee Success

Thank you for the feedback you provided. The issues you described are concerning and completely counter to the company culture we want to create. We're committed to the overall wellbeing of our employees. Can you please reach out to your ESBP for a confidential conversation on your ...

"#dreamjob"

Current Employee - Senior Solution Engineer

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

- truly believes the business of businesses is to make the world a better place - competitive salary - lots of opportunities to grow your career - great resources for learning new skills - fast-paced environment - visionary leadership - great perks

Cons

- increasingly complex organizational structure - crowded offices in regional hubs - work-life balance is still difficult despite the company’s strong promotion of it

Advice to Management

- don’t get so caught up with performance that it’s no longer a warm, fun and innovative place to work

Salesforce Response

January 9, 2019Linda Aiello, SVP International Employee Success

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your commitment. Glad that you are enjoying your Salesforce experience. We are growing fast and we know that presents challenges, but we will definitely continue to work hard on maintaining this great culture.

Found 4560 reviews