Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff
Pros
Cons
  • "There is no cons in learning process(in 136 reviews)

• "There are some politics like any big company that we are working through together(in 101 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Boomerang back to Salesforce"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best front end system(s) of engagement in the business. The platform earns you time to speak with all executive lines of business about strategic direction and where you can support their success. It's one of the biggest reasons that I've come back to the company. There's some great competition for enterprise sales with AWS and Google Cloud but I'd much rather speak to executive stakeholders rather than IT about Infrastructure. Lot's of meat on the bone for things to sell with recent acquisitions.

Cons

It's up to you to build healthy boundaries around work life balance when you are working at the fastest growing enterprise company in the world. Occasionally, you can get boxed in with certain verticals (teams) not wanting you to venture outside of their linear career path. Emerging commercial business roles are subject to transactional sales and relationships but show me a company where that's not the case. Occasionally implementation partners are not adequately prepared to take on large deal implementations which can result in customer satisfaction issues. These can linger and be stressful but there are the right resources on the Salesforce end to make things right.

Salesforce2019-12-03
  2. "Truly one of the best companies to work for ever!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Innovative, diverse culture, very meaningful work, brilliant coworkers, very lucrative

Cons

Too large of a company now that your sense of contribution is small, very demanding, limited growth path in smaller offices

Salesforce2020-03-31
  3. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cares about its employees a lot. There is a lot of freedom in this company. Lots to learn.

Cons

Not everyone is into business software.

Salesforce2020-03-25
  4. "Walk the walk"

Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I worked at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Great culture from the executive level and great innovation

Cons

Make sure your direct management is consistent with corporate leadership

Salesforce2020-04-02
  5. "Great company - stop working for startups, and work for these guys!"

Current Employee - IT Solutions Developer in Fredericton, NB

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Stocked kitchen Bonus every 6 months $100/month for gym

Cons

No cons are apparent to me

Salesforce2020-03-10

"Things are not the same as they used to be"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Good perks such as snacks, travel etc..

Cons

Things have really changed over the past couple years. Managers are focused on managing up, and not managing down. Does not feel like they have the best interest of their reps at heart .

Salesforce2020-03-12

"It’s changed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are some pros for Salesforce but most of them lie in benefits and compensation. Certainly this is one of the better paying companies in Toronto particularly in the non-sales world. Yes there are also snacks etc if you like that sort of thing and are drawn to it. It’s also nice that when you leave you can put Salesforce on the resume. Nobody can say that’s not a good thing.

Cons

There’s a lack of trust in some leadership. Coaching is at a minimum. Having had roughly 9 managers in my tenure, I’ve had only two who have provided feedback to help me grow. That’s not a very good ratio. My current one’s response when asked after a customer meeting with an executive was “I’ll let you know if you’re doing something wrong”. That’s not in any way helpful. It’s impossible that I’ve done everything right in one of those meetings and I expect feedback to help me grow. I’m not asking for my hand to be held. I’m asking for guidance. Something you expect from your leader. The office can be quite clique-y and you have to fight your way in. Not quite the Ohana people hear about from the CEO.

Salesforce2020-03-07

"Do your due diligence and put some thought into Salesforce before joining"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

1. The Salesforce Platform is actually awesome and can be integrated into just about any business in some capacity. 2. Pretty good benefits although they are pretty standard for a tech company. 3. Office snacks and drinks are good, although many tech companies offer their employees catered lunch which Salesforce doesn't. 4. There are a lot of intelligent sales people that you can learn a lot from. 5. You get more leniency on working from home the more senior the sales role you are in.

Cons

-The Salesforce recipe is to grow and split territories and squeeze every rep as much as they can. This is how they report double-digit growth every year to their investors. -You are compensated the same irrespective of the products you sell, however, management only cares about the core products you sell (Sales/Service Cloud). To the outside world this may not make sense, however, you are looked down upon and will get performance managed if you are not selling enough of these core products. I'm not a lawyer but this doesn't sound legal under Canadian labour law. -“Teacher’s Pet” Culture - Majority of reps (80%) don’t hit their quota but you can still get promoted and have your career accelerated if you play the “game” and suck up to management. -Colleagues who have been here for a while say it used to be an exciting, fun company and now it’s far more corporate and there are a lot of unhappy people in the office.

Salesforce2020-03-04
  9. "Only downside is constant changing of accounts"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is awesome, you are really treated like a valuable member of the team. Fast paced culture and all the info you need is at your fingertips.

Cons

Every FY brings about almost an entirely new account set. If you love working your A off to build customer relationships, then having to redo that every year, this is a great place!

Salesforce2020-03-17

"amazing place to work, pay needs improvement"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

coworkers become your family, work hard play hard culture, benefits are the best I've ever heard of, perks are amazing, company name on your resume does wonders as well, acquiring new companies every year which gives sales people a lot to sell. overall a fun and exciting place to work.

Cons

rapid growth/new executive leadership = loss of culture, not competitive enough on base salaries, pay bumps are few and far between, comp plans have been figured out so that blowout commissions years are increasingly more difficult to earn, limited opportunity to make career moves; new HR parameters set to limit mid-year movement and keep employees in role for 18 months at a time.

Salesforce2020-03-05