Salesforce Director Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 169 reviews

4.0
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff and Keith Block
Marc Benioff and Keith Block
  1. "Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great senior leadership with a real vision for the company and industry Transparency senior leadership make a real effort to communicate to all levels and they listen to feedback from employees, customers and partners Great culture of Diversity and Giving back . Competitive compensation

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging It is very much a sales organization so other departments take a back seat at times Senior Management are great but they need to give more authority and autonomy to the regions. Very HQ centick for Senior Management positions

Salesforce2019-09-17
  2. "Great place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company really cares about its employees Competitive salaries Strong focus on giving back, equality and sustainability Growing organization with lots of opportunities to move across fields and functions Open and transparent communication from senior management

Cons

Still growing as a organization and needs to decentralize some decision making and push P&L controls out to the field more. There is a lot of change as the company continues to evolve it is usually positive but if you are not comfortable with change ....

Advice to Management

Decentralize ! Too many senior management positions based out of HQ.

Salesforce2019-08-13
  3. "Change is the only constant"

Current Employee - Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fast paced, innovative, constantly learning, no shortage of challenges to and goals to achieve. Fantastic, smart, talented colleagues.

Cons

Can be all consuming, hard to take vacation (at least in my role

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome culture and transparency. Sales leadership should be less male dominated.

Salesforce2017-09-29
  4. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brilliant culture, the Volunteer/philanthropy program, amazingly powerful products and by and large surprisingly happy customers. Many roles with worthwhile compensation.

Cons

Company is growing rapidly, so culture could start to trend towards that 'large enterprise' feel.

Advice to Management

Recent management hires may start to dilute the awesome culture you have. Be careful of bringing on the traditional large enterprise sales drone middle management, many of they're management styles lead to corporate decay and degraded culture.

Salesforce2015-05-09
  5. "Opportunity challenge"

Current Employee - Director, Key Account Management in Moscow

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging, growing, international standards, equity

Cons

Complexity and lack of simplification

Salesforce2019-09-04

"Good Company, getting less attractive as it grows"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary and wellness compensation Good colleagues Great product

Cons

Getting too big Too many processes now Hiring average talent now

Salesforce2019-09-05

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ohana culture is very positive Above standard benefits Volunteer Time Off to impact community either with your team or on your own Decent physical working spaces

Cons

Constant growth cuts in to resourcing to do the work already present, i.e. company wide travel bans. Some business functions are awash in money and people; others are thread-bare, with no discernable difference in impact or “importance to making money” Pay is below industry peers

Advice to Management

With the forseeable future exit of Benioff and his being replaced by Block, just try not to wreck the culture and turn it in to the next IBM/Oracle/Large Lifeless Corporation with No Soul. Unfortunately, that appears to be the most likely outcome...and that’s a shame.

Salesforce2019-08-14

Salesforce Response

August 23, 2019Rachel Courtney, SVP, Employee Success

Thank you for your review. We're happy you're enjoying our Salesforce culture but are concerned about the cons you mentioned in your review. It's true we are growing and moving fast, which creates both challenges and opportunities. We are actively listening to you and all of our employees ...

8. "Salesforce is as good as it gets in Enterprise Software"

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

(1) Fantastic brand (my employability has gone up) (2) Compensation (3) Great benefits (4) Salesforce basically invented SaaS (at least perfected it) so you learn the state of the art in terms of what is required to do SaaS successfully *all in the context of working in the enterprise software segment

Cons

(1) Frequent Re-orgs: Salesforce's "secret" to success is to be ruthlessly customer-focused ... as it should be. This means that everything is done to make sure we continue to grow ... again as it should be. This means however that re-orgs are quite frequent and also the employee-turnover. (2) Title inflation: When I accepted the job offer, I thought I would make a career progression, which it was title wise, but... after I joined I realized that I had in fact less responsibility than before. This wasn't obvious to me because the compensation was considerably higher than at my previous company. I wished I had asked more questions and had asked for a higher title. (3) No cafeteria at HQ: you need to leave the building to grab food. This by itself is not a big issue. In fact, it means you have so many different lunch options ... every day. Yet, the ability to socialize with co-workers within your team and more importantly outside your team is not as easy as at companies where there is a common lunch area. At my previous company, lunch break was an opportunity to run into people and have a quick chat, which was helpful for maintaining relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. See if there is a way to reduce the number of re-orgs and employee turnover without impacting customer centricity. I have a feeling that it has to be the way it is, but it might be worth looking into it.

Salesforce2019-08-02

Salesforce Response

August 23, 2019Rachel Courtney, SVP, Employee Success

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you're enjoying your time at Salesforce. Transparency is very important to us and we highly encourage all team members to participate and be part of the team and company vision. I'd encourage you to have a chat with your manager ...

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Please are great and super supportive. When you join the company, everyone is there for you, to help you learn and do the best you can. 6 months in, it's still the same. In addition, the culture of the company is great. Not only are you encouraged to support your colleagues but you're also encouraged to help the community. Volunteering is a big part of the company and trust and customer success are one of out most... important values. We're not just saying it. We're actually practicing it too. In addition, for such a large company, we're moving lightning fast, we 3 major releases a year. This dictates a fairly fast pace for planning, developing and releasing.

Cons

I was asked that question when I interviewed candidates for an open position and I had a hard time answering the question. There are the typical large company issues such as many groups to coordinate when working on something, a bit of politics and bureaucracy and a lot of processes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Salesforce2018-12-03
  10. "Salesforce is truly a best place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Innovative, fun, great team members and leadership, lots of opportunities for career advancement, flexible schedules, awesome locations and events, corporate values.

Cons

Very fast moving and need to keep a quick pace, which can be too much for some people, where others thrive in that type of environment. Employees seem to want to impress leadership rather than challenge or manage up. Leadership are like celebrities and are treated as such.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage up, not only down.

Salesforce2019-07-22