Salesforce Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 303 reviews

3.9
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff and Keith Block
Marc Benioff and Keith Block
  1. "Great Company, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people are amazing. You never feel like you are the smartest person in the room and get to learn constantly. Growth is exponential, you can forge your own career here.

Cons

The pressure to perform is intense. Very high expectations

Salesforce2019-05-06

"Think twice about what you're walking into"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Depends heavily on the role & org or group you're in . Good base pay and benefits. Incredibly smart people throughout the company. Ability to work in different organizations. Flexibility to work remotely.

Cons

Unattainable goals. Internal bureaucracy and fighting is worse than I've seen anywhere by far. Zero work-life balance. Expectations to take calls/respond to emails anytime of day/night 7 days a week. Only objective is to sell more to clients, not what's best for their clients. Do not live by the image they portray externally.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Actually align with other leaders in the org. opposed to placing AE's between internal bureaucracy.

Salesforce2019-04-06

Salesforce Response

April 23, 2019President and Chief People Officer

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. Culture is not something we take for granted, and we're continuing to work hard every day to make Salesforce a great place to work for all. If you're comfortable, I'd recommend that you connect with your Employee Success Business Partner directly ...

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Sales Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hold true to their stated values - Trust, Customer Success, Growth, Innovation, Giving Bank, Equality for All, Wellbeing and Fun!! You get access to some amazing customers with some really challenging business objectives. And best of all, as a Sales Engineer the software just works!! No cutting corners or fudging for demos.

Cons

With the state of growth you have to be really careful not to let yourself be stretched too thin. Never be afraid to reach out for help if you feel yourself drowning.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Salesforce2017-10-27
  4. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- best minds and souls in the industry - very professional and kind. Salesforce really does hire the best. Best in class benefits and working conditions and work to life balance; clear career path

Cons

Not a whole lot of diversity in the Sales org

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Salesforce2017-10-04
  5. "AMAZING COMPANY!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Is making this world a better place, helps companies be more productive and closer to their clients, care about us as employees.

Cons

Salaries are slightly better in other companies.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries every year, even by 1-2%.

Salesforce2017-09-28
  6. "8 years and I'm not going anywhere"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You are surrounded by not only top talent, but amazingly fun people that really support one another while. Leadership vision around technology AND equality (egg freezing just launched!) are top notch and there are a ton of perks. Oh ya, and the platform is a leader across the board so you are selling an amazing product and get to help companies remove inefficiency from their businesses.

Cons

It's a work hard, play hard culture, and we move fast, so if you aren't ready/willing to put in the inputs, it might not be the right sales job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the open lines of communication & feedback as we continue to grow so we don't ever get bogged down with slow moving red tape as so many others have...

Salesforce2017-09-28

"Sales Engineer"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Technology. Good benefits. Flexibility in work conditions.

Cons

Egos everywhere. They have reason to be proud of the company; but go too far.

Advice to Management

Be open

Salesforce2017-07-06

"Hire leaders that can coach and develop!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The money and culture are everything you could hope for, but it does come at a steep price of work/home balance.

Cons

It shocks me that we continue to hire leaders that can sell, but have no clue how to train and develop their staff....Come on SFDC! Hire real leaders!!

Advice to Management

Hire real leaders that will make us better

Salesforce2017-03-22
  9. "Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, good culture, good perks. All in all this is a great first job for someone who is looking to enter the word of SaaS sales.

Cons

Measurements of performance are not aligned with activities performed within job description. The job is not sustainable because of the nature of cold calling.

Advice to Management

Ensure that all efforts are being made to ensure that regular coaching is maintained. This would mostly be considered a training role for Account Executive, so having experiences to put yourself in an AE's shoes would be beneficial to maintain SDR interest.

Salesforce2016-12-18

"Great company, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I worked at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great CEO, good benefits, good training/bootcamp for externals coming into the company

Cons

Poor Management - too much turnover results in upper management selecting many first time managers to take over, and many are not qualified Internal Politics - lots of gossiping and internal politics happening, almost feels like a high school or university culture Lack of culture - CEO seems to instill a great culture, but it is not like this when you join the team. people are always working and not too much time... to mentor you or help out a new hire. Low Compensation - compensation is not as competitive as they make it seem (expect to work a lot more than 40 hours/week). Better territories = better compensation, and reps don't seem to have control over which territory they receive, with some being very good while others are very slow Poor data - from being here just for a few weeks I've noticed the data they have is very poor, which is probably why it makes it hard for managers to create fair territories

Advice to Management

- be more selective when hiring managers - I was surprised to find out my managers were both first time managers... not to say they aren't qualified but I would expect they would have had some sort of management experience in the past. - more fairness in territory management and quotas (if a rep has 2 patches, they should get double quota) - culture isn't what is promised during interview process - ensure you hire... great managers who genuinely want to help and develop sales professionals, it's easy for reps to identify which ones care and which ones are just doing it for the money/stability or for an easy 9-5 job - just be nice - there are too many stories of management putting down reps or saying inappropriate things to them

Salesforce2016-12-12