Procom Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Frank McCrea

Pros
  • Procom employees can take advantage of perks like healthcare and fitness benefits, parental leave, casual work environment and work from home facility (in 5 reviews)

• Excellent work-life balance - Not typical high pressure sales environment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • poor management, poor renumeration, poor communication (in 3 reviews)

• Lack of mobility, company politics, work/life balance (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I have joined Procom during mid of 2016. Starting from the day I got a call from a recruiter for interview till date, I have only positive experience to talk about. Management genuinely cares about employees. Being a medium size company, I can directly see how my job plays a role in achieving firm's objectives. This is a great motivation for someone who wants to bring their experience and contribute to a positive change. The Toronto office is very well connected to transit and the office is spacious.

Unlike many other companies here in Toronto, Procom treats everyone equally whether you are a permanent employee or working on a short term contract. They do not make you feel like you are here for a short term and doesn't really belong here, even if the job is really fixed short term.

Company provides benefits that are better than the industry standard.

Cons

Nothing big to talk about. i dont find any reasons that would stop me from recommending my friends at Procom.

Advice to Management

Please continue doing the good stuff.

2. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Pros

Strong, seasoned group of internal staff that provide the best service each and every day to our IT clients and candidates.

Cons

Additional company branding initiatives would assist with better marketplace recognition

Advice to Management

Keep going

3. "Procom"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Ottawa, ON
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Ottawa, ON

Pros

Procom treats employees as there most valuable assets. Our input matters to management.

Cons

Head office sometimes forgets not everyone works there.

Advice to Management

Remember not everyone works at headoffice

5. "Great place - motivating mentors - helpful, friendly coworkers!!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Kitchener, ON
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at Procom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the kind of place you would look forward to working every day when you get up in the morning.

I am a Technical Recruiter at the Kitchener location of Procom and I started here in last September. I have been fortunate enough to work with a really great group of people who are friendly, helpful, and have happily guided me through every step of my learning process in this job.

In my 7 months of working here, I have come to realize a few things about Procom, that I believe, sets it apart from other similar search firms. The most noteworthy of them are:

a) Our commitment to excellence

b) Our superior dedication to customer service and relationship building (both with the clients and the candidates)

c) Our culture of support through every step of the process: As for example, guiding a candidate through various steps of the hiring process, and similarly, helping a client figuring out what exactly they need or helping the clients understand the existing market condition with respect to availability of talents, rate structures, best practices etc.

d) Our culture of appreciation: At Procom, we host various events to show appreciation for our clients and the contractors who work for our clients, and Procom organizes several events/parties internally throughout the year to show appreciation for the staff

e) The people Procom associates itself with: We pride ourselves to be selective about who we connect to, and if that person share the same value about transparency, professionalism, and hard work.

With prestigious recognitions, including being named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies for eight straight years in a row, we are extremely proud of being part of this privately owned company and what we’ve accomplished since our journey began in 1978.

Cons

Nothing really! Our Kitchener office is a very happy place!! :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

6. "Great organization that stands behind their people!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Procom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, very collaborative and innovative. Procom is always looking for better ways to improve the search process both for employees and our Clients. Procom has gone above and beyond what an employer needs to do in supporting me through a very difficult time. Very open door policy with the Management team and ownership!

Cons

Procom could do more to advertise the company's name and brand within the marketplace through multi-media ads.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Ensure that equal effort is placed on both Employee satisfaction and Client satisfaction!

7. "Happy Successful Workplace!"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Procom (More than 5 years)

Pros

Procom provides an environment where people with a positive attitude, a teamwork mentality, and an honest appreciation for their clients, can be extremely successful. Procom employs solid process and strategies to allow for quick and decisive action in an ever changing market. Despite the recent downturn in Calgary, Procom has continued to grow and succeed while hiring some of the best talent in the city. Procom has always believed in doing business in an ethical and transparent manner with both contractors and clients which is why we have a very high retention rate.

Cons

The benefits plan is solid and I would like to see the plan continue to keep pace with the companies growth.

Advice to Management

Procom has been doing an exceptional job building beautiful comfortable space for their teams in various locations. Continue on that path with any new expansion as it is a major draw to engaging new staff.

8. "Great Place to Work & Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Pros

I love working at Procom. I find the days to be exciting and different. They foster learning and personal growth and focus one your area of expertise and expertise.
    Many opportunities to expand knowledge and be a great ambassador for Procom in the community.

Cons

perceived favoritism among some staff, some office politics.

9. "Coming to Procom is the best choice I have ever made"

I have been working at Procom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Procom have given me the chance to excel. Management saw what my strength were and where I could develop. I have been put in a role where I can utilize my strengths and gain exposure to new areas where I learn from the team.

Cons

Recent successes have left us a bit short staffed. A steep learning curve has led to some slip ups but all have been rectified quickly.

10. "Innovative Company with Great Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Procom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- always looking for innovative technical ways to improve the process and provide new tools to their employees
    - encourage employees to get involved in the process and solutions
    - great corporate culture and tries to be inclusive of all areas in the company
    - lots of great customers and high volume recruitment shop
    - top agency in the city with a group of trained tenured staff

Cons

- fast paced environment that is not for everyone
    - lots of systems so a need for technical awareness is a necessity

Advice to Management

Continue with the current trend of employee engagement as the ball is rolling in the right direction

11. "Refreshing!"

I have been working at Procom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Procom is a constantly growing and developing company which values input from its employees. The management genuinely care for their staff and fosters a warm, welcoming environment which fosters great morale. The staff here are wonderful colleagues who are a pleasure to work with. Lots of care is put into ensuring employees are engaged and enjoying themselves, which smart employers know is the key to productivity. There are frequent events and perks including free breakfasts, an endless supply of coffee, and sporting ticket giveaways. To top it all off, the office is spacious and bright, the cubicles are roomy, and the company is centrally located at Yonge and Eglinton right above the Eglinton TTC station and soon-to-be Crosstown LRT.

I am proud to work for such a wonderful company! It is very refreshing to work for a local company that has come so far since its humble beginnings!

Cons

Every company has room to improve, and none is perfect. There is much changing about the modern workforce. Perhaps more flexible hours and more widespread work-from-home offerings would help increase employee satisfaction and contribute to a more positive work-life balance that is so sought-after.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, they are the key to success!