Procom "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Procom Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Feb 12, 2020

4.3
Procom President Frank McCrea (no image)
Frank McCrea
Pros
Cons
  • "There are no cons, highly recommend(in 7 reviews)

• "Be more flexible on work from home policy- that’s all really(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Procom"

I have been working at Procom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment Excellent Management Style Proper work life balance

Cons

No cons. The company has a great working environment and everyone is friendly and helpful.

Procom2020-02-12

"Employees are all replaceable"

Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Procom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Procom hires really strong individual contributors who do good work and are great team players. Yonge & Eglinton location is great - lots of amenities like subway, restaurants, grocery stores, movie theatres, shopping all within 2-blocks of office. Work/life balance is possible so long as you make it so. There is no overtime/comp time allowed, but if you have a lot of work to do, no one will stop you from staying late or working through your lunch to complete it. But no one will stop you from taking your allotted breaks and leaving on time, either -- it's entirely up to you to stick to your schedule and keep your professional and personal time separate.

Cons

Management does not care about employees. A manager once said to me, "as long as we can get a year out of the person, then we're happy," and continued to say they don't expect most people to stay more than 1-2 years. There are no incentives to keep employees -- benefits are minimal, pay is abysmal, time off meets the legally required minimums and nothing more. Despite what is advertised and what management shares in interview process, there is very little room for growth because it's a very horizontal organization -- lots of individual contributors, then just a few team leads, who report directly into upper management. Individual contributors are fired/laid off often and without much warning, and with surprising regularity, creating an environment of demoralized and sometimes fearful employees. Nearly everyone is miserable, and management does not make any attempt to change the problems so people are happy and retention rates go up. (Of note, I am not one of the people who got fired. Like so many others, I worked tirelessly to find another role in an organization that cares about its people and resigned the moment I found it.) There are some team leads who are not suited to supervisory roles, and treat their team poorly. Some leads can be downright abusive. Upper management and HR are unwilling to do more than lend a sympathetic ear. The Executive/Management team has worked together for many years and is a very insulated clique that leaves no room for anyone or anything but their own egos. This affects the entire organization, from lengthy and uninformative staff meetings where they can pat their own backs in front of an audience, to implementing defective software systems because they don't want to lose face and admit that there is a problem with it and it's not ready to launch. For a staffing and payroll company, Procom is completely incompetent with payroll. Between the above-mentioned defective software system and the incompetent Accounts Payable team, contractors regularly encounter payment problems (not paid on time, incorrect payment amounts that can take Procom weeks and even months to resolve). They also make errors on their own employees' payments particularly when an employee has anything other than their usual payment (e.g., first and last cheques, bonuses, etc.). Personal time is never listed on the paystub for employees, and once you leave the company, you lose access to the system with your time-off history, and the company refuses to give you a copy for your records or to show that outstanding vacation time is paid out correctly on your final cheque. The CEO and COO are father and son, and this leads to a lot of ugly politics as the son tries to deceive is father about various aspects of the business, and keeps others from telling the CEO the truth about the state of business. Communication within the company is at best very opaque and not timely (e.g., announcing changes to the management team weeks after the change has occurred), and often nonexistent.

Procom2019-12-29
  3. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at Procom full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good work/life balance - Incredibly flexible if something pops up. -Strong communication between teams.

Cons

-No RRSP plan available

Procom2019-11-11
  4. "Procom"

Current Employee - Accountant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Procom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team good work / life balance

Cons

Outdated systems not enough communication between departments

Procom2019-10-04

"Senior Account Manager"

I have been working at Procom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing work culture Excellent work life balance

Cons

There are no cons, highly recommend.

Procom2019-03-01

Procom Response

March 11, 2019Administrator

Hello, Thank you for your glowing review of Procom! We appreciate all feedback from our employees, both positive and negative. We are happy to hear your experience has been a good one :)

6. "Terrible company"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Toronto, ON

I worked at Procom for less than a year

Pros

The turn over rate at this company is so high that if you don't like someone, just wait a week, and chances are they will be gone.

Cons

CEO is rude and uses foul languages often Co-worker was sexually harassed but there was no formal way to lodge a complaint against her manager so it went un-reported. HR is extremely un-supportive. No employee engagement, no education assistance, no mugs or even spoons in the kitchen to borrow. No formal documentation of anything. If you need help, you're on your own. Lots of required over-time with no compensation. Terrible work-life balance. Company has no interest in ergonomics, some offices don't even turn on all the lights ( to save money? who knows). Pay is terrible, not enough to support you.

Procom2018-04-14
  7. "Senior Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Procom full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Procom for almost a year. Good company culture, excellent work-life balance, competitive base salary, smart casual dress code.

Cons

I can't think of any

Procom2017-04-05
  8. "I love it here!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Procom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working at Procom, and am thrilled to be an employee of such a great company. I have been with the organization for 3 years and can say that I work with the most supportive group of people. Procom understands work life balance, as well as a how to motivate employees to perform. We are constantly growing and improving.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative, everyone has to go to work right? We have some pressure to perform, but a normal amount, and upper management works very hard themselves, so they lead by example.

Procom2017-03-30
  9. "Working with a Great Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Procom full-time

Pros

- work/life balance - doing what's right for our clients - flexibility - open door policy throughout the organization - room for opportunities and innovation

Cons

- not a con to the organization, but a challenge to be in this industry in this economy.

Procom2017-03-22
  10. "Excellent place for long term growth"

Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Procom

Pros

- Experienced team with long tenure - Excellent retention - Thorough & mature back end processes - 4 weeks vacation - Flexibility in work/ life balance - Largest company in industry & continually growing - Continual process improvement

Cons

- Could be more employee events / in office amenities

Procom2017-03-13

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 20 reviews