MNP Reviews

Found 727 of over 826 reviews

3.8
MNP CEO Jason Tuffs
Jason Tuffs
Pros
  • "Work life balance (the most you can get in public practice(in 81 reviews)

• "MNP did a great job at making me feel welcome throughout the interview process(in 61 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours as usual for large public firms(in 65 reviews)

• "Busy during the busy season is totally acceptable(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Very goood company

Jul 6, 2021 - Accountant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

the hiring process was good so is introduction

Cons

they put me in as a junior when i have two years of experience

2. 5.0

Amazing company !

Jul 26, 2021 - Receptionist in Chilliwack, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team is very welcoming and the tasks are interesting, it really feels like the receptionist position is essential and that you are part of the team.

Cons

There are no cons for now!

3. 5.0

Awesome Firm and Workplace

Jun 29, 2021 - Instructional Designer in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recently joined in Spring via its IT division. Have always been interested in working for one of the big accounting-consulting firms like EY and others. MNP selected me for this opportunity, and I am very greatful. It has been very enjoyable thus far. Friendly staff and management Flexible work environments, especially during COVID Great pay and benefits Modern tech offerings Transparency Out of the above pros, I will say it is the staff and management of MNP who really make the workplace great and enjoyable.

Cons

Can’t think of any as I recently joined in Spring. Not really a fan of the intranet as some content is scattered for staff to really leverage well. However, I am sure this can be resolved with effort and time.

MNP Response

Your feedback is valuable and much appreciated. We are committed to providing our team members with the required tools, support and flexibility throughout their careers to help them reach their maximum potential. Thank you for joining our MNP team!

4. 4.0

Analyst

Jul 27, 2021 - Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great exposure to different industries

Cons

lower pay then in industry

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

MNP Analyst

Jul 20, 2021 - Analyst in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

2nd largest accounting firm in BC in terms of headcounts flexible team structure with easy access to partner level may work for projects of different service lines diversity & inclusion

Cons

overtime still in developing phase, some works may not have clear guide but this is different for positions and projects

MNP Response

We appreciate your feedback. We are committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive culture while supporting our team members with leadership and resources to achieve their career aspirations. With our resilient and adaptive team members, we will remain one of Canada’s fastest growing Firms. Thank you for your ongoing contributions with our MNP team.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Destroying Employee Lives

Jul 8, 2021 - Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small percentage of staff may get an exceptional mentor that will end up leaving the company.

Cons

Very difficult environment to navigate. The potential high growth areas like the consulting practices are flooded with managers and partners that are unfit to do their jobs. Low salary to begin with and lower raises given to maintain partner compensation. Consulting practice is unstable and toxic, very high turnover rate in all advisory services especially audit. Audit staff act as if they live in a prison. HR does not care about well-being of staff. Staff are fired for taking sick leave or revolting against unjust treatment. Many staff working long hours experience vacation being reduced and promises of work-life balance have not been kept. Staff have been found in hospitals due to burn out, sleeping in the office and openly discuss abusing substances due to pressures created by this firm. Firm is relying on staff from overseas to avoid collapse.

2 people found this review helpful

MNP Response

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we are sorry to hear this was your experience. At MNP, we take great pride in fostering a respectful culture, having leaders who genuinely care for each team members' wellbeing and supporting work-life integration and career fulfillment. We are an authentic Firm with values that drive our culture of respect. We will take your comments under advisement.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good firm, good experience

Jul 27, 2021 - Designated Professional
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a good firm and environment to start a career in professional services. Good experience

Cons

Overtime that never gets paid. They make you work below the standard hours, so you owe them either money or time during downtime

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Team so far

May 14, 2021 - Accounting Technician in Burlington, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the larger firms in Canada, great for your resume. Loads of internal training and learning opportunities. Others may have a different experience, and it varies from one team to another, but for me so far I found our team to be super awesome and helpful.

Cons

As with all accounting firms, sometimes there will be tight deadlines and you'll have to chin up and rise to the challenge. They try to strike a balance by encouraging you to take vacations and leave during the off-peak season. My personality dictates I always try to see the best in things so I can't really think of anything else to say here but if something goes horribly wrong in the future I will try to come back here and edit my review.

2 people found this review helpful

MNP Response

We value your feedback and the time to write your review. At MNP, we are proud to offer growth and mentorship opportunities for team members to support their career goals and aspirations. With resilient team members like yourself, we will continue to be one of Canada’s fastest growing Firms. Thank you for your ongoing contributions to our Burlington office and being part of our MNP team!

9. 4.0

Nice place to work

Jul 14, 2021 - Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work culture, generous vacation, a lot to learn. Personal days are a great thing. Top management is very supportive

Cons

Entrepreneurial culture is good but to IT, it means lack of standardization accross firm. Work happen in Silos

10. 5.0

Good employer

Jul 20, 2021 - Accountant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

the firm cares its people

Cons

hard to achieve work life balance

MNP Response

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. Supporting our team members and providing them with the tools and resources needed throughout their careers is very important to MNP. We appreciate your enthusiasm, resilience and contribution during the busy season.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 727 Reviews