MNP Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

3.7
MNP CEO Jason Tuffs
Jason Tuffs
Pros
  • "Work life balance (the most you can get in public practice(in 81 reviews)

• "MNP did a great job at making me feel welcome throughout the interview process(in 61 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours as usual for large public firms(in 65 reviews)

• "Busy during the busy season is totally acceptable(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Team so far

May 14, 2021 - Accounting Technician in Burlington, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the larger firms in Canada, great for your resume. Loads of internal training and learning opportunities. Others may have a different experience, and it varies from one team to another, but for me so far I found our team to be super awesome and helpful.

Cons

As with all accounting firms, sometimes there will be tight deadlines and you'll have to chin up and rise to the challenge. They try to strike a balance by encouraging you to take vacations and leave during the off-peak season. My personality dictates I always try to see the best in things so I can't really think of anything else to say here but if something goes horribly wrong in the future I will try to come back here and edit my review.

2. 5.0

Excellent place to work.

Apr 29, 2021 - Manager - Consulting in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get the big firm experience without the cut-throat ethos of some of the international firms (Big 4 etc). Obviously you employee experience varies depending on the team, but in general the partners are personable, act like humans, get fully involved in projects and are extremely supportive. Lots of work, but there's no stigma if you hold your hands up before it gets too much. Similarly there are plenty of opportunities to progress and be well-compensated. The firm's strategy is the Canadian mid-market and niching, which no other professional service firms do, so the growth outlook is great.

Cons

We use some outdated tech systems (for example a shared drive instead of cloud storage, and a fairly dated proprietary CRM/ERP platform instead of Salesforce). Not a showstopper though, just less efficient that it could be.

National Human Resources

Thank you for your review. At MNP, we work in collaboration with our team members to provide diverse opportunities and the required resources to grow their careers. We are pleased to hear of your positive experience at our Vancouver office and appreciate your contributions to our MNP team!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Agile practice with challenging and rewarding work

Apr 30, 2021 - Value Creation/Operations Practice - Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a small but rapidly growing firm. Ambitious people have the opportunity to leave a lasting, positive impact on our clients and the firm itself. As we work with SMEs, our clients are often the owners themselves - we can assist them in securing the future of their companies, and their employees. Smart, capable, entrepreneurial people with great client facing skills will be happy here. Opportunities for growth are excellent. Covid restrictions have been handled well. The partnership cares about the health and wellbeing of the team and consistently prioritizes that wellbeing. MNP is a clear leader in work/life balance when compared against other Operations Consulting firms. Expect to be in your own bed most nights.

Cons

None apparent to me yet

2 people found this review helpful

National Human Resources

We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to hear of your positive experience. At MNP, we are proud of our unique and entrepreneurial culture, high professional standards and providing growth opportunities to our exceptional team members. Thank you for being a part of our MNP team!

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Place for Growth/Development

May 4, 2021 - Senior Consultant - Performance Improvement in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of challenging projects across different industries; accelerates experience and exposure - high degree of autonomy even as an analyst - some long hours (expected in consulting) but banked overtime provides A LOT of flexibility for travel / vacations - team is not scared of “failure” and therefore encourages people to be creative/invent - flat reporting structure; access to partner is not limited

Cons

- holistically, organizational issues existed (like most firms); unclear from the top on how or if they planned to course correct

5. 4.0

Great Place to Work

May 12, 2021 - Human Capital
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome staff in the office, friendly environment

Cons

Upper management doesn't do a great job connecting with more junior staff

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture and growing business

May 11, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team is a huge focus and market focus is a growing aspect of the Canadian economy

Cons

Like any professional service org. there has to be an opening or growth to allow for promotion above a certain level.

7. 5.0

MNP

May 11, 2021 - Accountant in Saskatoon, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a very welcoming place full of people who are always willing to help each others and make everyone feel welcome.

Cons

Currently I have witnessed no cons to working here.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t be fooled by the fake reviews - avoid at all cost.

Mar 16, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

No one cares what you do. You are free to make and follow your own schedule as long as work gets done. Good for those looking for work life balance. Overtime hours are banked and can be used as vacation time - although they do not pay it out.

Cons

Probably some of the worst upper management I have experienced in my career. They will throw you under the bus to look good, discredit what you accomplish and take all the spotlight when things do go well, and then blame you when things don’t. Partner has no technical skills or background in his “area of expertise”, can only expect those below him to do the work with no oversight on how his team is actually performing. Top performers are treated like garbage and let go without warning, team morale is terrible, and new hires are inappropriately interviewed and hired with no relevant skill set. Upper management is looking to cut costs whenever possible at the expense of their team and performance. They entice everyone once a year to fill in the “Best Employers” survey so that they get the acknowledgement, but it is all based on fake reviews - they tell everyone to put the maximum rating and call out offices that don’t complete the survey. Worst office politics supplemented by incompetent management; avoid this company at all costs.

9 people found this review helpful

National Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that this is your experience. At MNP, we genuinely care for all team members and their well-being. We are committed to working with everyone across the Firm in cultivating an environment of integrity, humility and respect. We encourage you to speak to your Regional Human Capital leader and will take your review under consideration. Thank you for your ongoing resilience with our MNP team.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company with an overall great culture while maintaining work-life balance

Apr 27, 2021 - Regional Marketing Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work / life balance - RPP matching - Social committee events - Great culture (people are respectful) - Personal days every quarter - Overtime could be accrued to be used as time-in-lieu for non-managerial positions - Wellness subsidy provided every quarter

Cons

- Wages are way too low for support services - Had to pay for MSP (when MSP was in play) - Benefits weren't the best with relatively high premiums (depending on the plan you pick)

10. 5.0

Great firm to work for!

May 11, 2021 - CPA Articling Accountant in Saskatoon, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance, banked overtime, culture, opportunity for advancement, reliable workplace, continuing to innovate

Cons

None noted to be honest

Viewing 1 - 10 of 679 Reviews