Find jobs for CPA Articling Accountant

Found 12 of over 883 reviews

4.4
MNP CEO Jason Tuffs
Jason Tuffs

What people are saying about MNP

Join the conversation on

Accounting

48.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/accounting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=MNP~112544
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Great firm to work for!

May 11, 2021 - CPA Articling Accountant in Saskatoon, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance, banked overtime, culture, opportunity for advancement, reliable workplace, continuing to innovate

Cons

None noted to be honest

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Accounting firm to work for

Oct 4, 2021 - CPA Articling Accountant in Thunder Bay, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great firm to work for, relaxed environment, hands-on experience and training provided when you are stuck, great benefits.

Cons

Long hours during the busy season

MNP Response

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. At MNP, we are proud to cultivate a professional, supportive and fun culture for team members coast-to-coast. Thank you for your resilience during busy season.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Early Career at MNP

Jul 12, 2021 - CPA Articling Accountant in Kelowna, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career growth, mentorship, exposure to clients, pays for schooling and has resources to help with the CFE

Cons

Stressful environment, lots of expectations, unrealistic budgets and deadlines, overworked staff and long hours.

MNP Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. Supporting our CFE students and providing them with the experience, mentorship and resources they need to succeed in their careers is important for us at MNP. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

4. 5.0

Great people and experience

Mar 8, 2021 - CPA Articling Accountant in Nanaimo, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Big firm with small firm culture - Great people - Lots of help/- Support - Opportunity to develop and grow

Cons

Not any that I can think of

5. 5.0

MNP Review

Nov 24, 2020 - CPA Articling Accountant in Grande Prairie, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is kind Willing to help you learn Work life balance

Cons

Low pay at the start

Talent Brand Advisor

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and echo the important role great teams, people and environments play in enjoying a balanced lifestyle. We work hard to stay on top of industry standards and review salaries annually to remain competitive.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

CPA Articling Accountant

Nov 15, 2020 - CPA Articling Accountant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

great teammates to work with

Cons

none i can think of

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A good place to learn.

Nov 12, 2020 - CPA Articling Accountant in Thunder Bay, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, constant learning opportunities from management that cares about your development. Flexibility to work from home as needed.

Cons

Salary could always be a bit higher.

Talent Brand Advisor

Welcome to the MNP team! We are glad you are enjoying your experience and trust you will gain hands-on experience during your time at MNP. We also agree that our people, lifestyle and flexible work environments are a pro and create a great place to work. We are grateful for your feedback.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Understanding human capital advisors, decent training

Sep 17, 2020 - CPA Articling Accountant in Stratford, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

My human capital (MNP's version of HR) advisor was very understanding in delaying my offer due to the lockdown rather than cancelling it. Onboarding process was fairly seamless. Agricultural focus of this office was as advertised.

Cons

Coming in as a master's student it was a little bit disappointing to start off entering paper ledgers into QuickBooks, but that's life and where a new hire has to start off. Perhaps it is just the nature of this office, but it seems to be a bit below MNP's "mid-market" focus.

MNP Response

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. Welcome to the MNP team! We are pleased you chose our Firm to kick-off your career. At MNP, we value encouraging and providing continuous learning and development. We trust that you will gain hands-on experience during your time at MNP and will have the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of projects. We appreciate your feedback!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It is a great place to work!

Jul 24, 2019 - Co-op CPA Articling Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, lots of company events and activities, and equally challenging. I have learned a lot, and have had lots of fun!

Cons

Work given to me at the start of my employment was above my competency level at the time.

MNP Response

Feedback is a gift, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are glad to hear that you are finding a nice balance in the office, between challenging work and fun team events. Often challenging work leads to fantastic opportunities. We hope you were given the support and tools to complete the work assigned when you first started.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun, exciting, challenging & fosters growth

Jun 14, 2019 - CPA Articling Accountant in Timmins, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Excellent working environment -Team based after work events, I have enjoyed these a lot (paint nights, movie nights, tubing, scavenger hunts)! -Accrued time off over 40 hours a week (Hello Fridays off in the summer) -Varied mix of clients promotes growth -Quicker promotions in a performance based environment

Cons

-Like every accounting firm, tax season gets busy. Unlike some of the others we get accrued over time which allows for relaxing summers to make up for a job well done.

Continue reading