MNP Consultant Reviews

Found 40 of over 903 reviews

2.8
MNP CEO Jason Tuffs
Jason Tuffs

What people are saying about MNP

Join the conversation on

Accounting

96.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/accounting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=MNP~112544
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Hire Experience

Oct 12, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Port Moody, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work The team is very friendly and supportive Lots of opportunities to grow and learn The onboarding experience was great HR and Management team make sure that you have all the necessary tools to comfortably work Perfect work-life balance

Cons

Nothing that I can mention

MNP Response

We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to hear of your positive experience. At MNP, we pride ourselves in having an open-door culture with access to great leadership, collaboration and providing opportunities for team members to reach their highest potential. Thank you for being a part of our MNP team!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team to work with

Aug 31, 2021 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing and professional team members Everybody is willing to help and provide guidance Flat hierarchy

Cons

Trainings is not as comprehensive as big four

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Destroying Employee Lives

Jul 8, 2021 - Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small percentage of staff may get an exceptional mentor that will end up leaving the company.

Cons

Very difficult environment to navigate. The potential high growth areas like the consulting practices are flooded with managers and partners that are unfit to do their jobs. Low salary to begin with and lower raises given to maintain partner compensation. Consulting practice is unstable and toxic, very high turnover rate in all advisory services especially audit. Audit staff act as if they live in a prison. HR does not care about well-being of staff. Staff are fired for taking sick leave or revolting against unjust treatment. Many staff working long hours experience vacation being reduced and promises of work-life balance have not been kept. Staff have been found in hospitals due to burn out, sleeping in the office and openly discuss abusing substances due to pressures created by this firm. Firm is relying on staff from overseas to avoid collapse.

6 people found this review helpful

MNP Response

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we are sorry to hear this was your experience. At MNP, we take great pride in fostering a respectful culture, having leaders who genuinely care for each team members' wellbeing and supporting work-life integration and career fulfillment. We are an authentic Firm with values that drive our culture of respect. We will take your comments under advisement.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Place for Growth/Development

May 4, 2021 - Senior Consultant - Performance Improvement in Mississauga, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- good opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of challenging projects across different industries; accelerates experience and exposure - high degree of autonomy even as an analyst - some long hours (expected in consulting) but banked overtime provides A LOT of flexibility for travel / vacations - team is not scared of “failure” and therefore encourages people to be creative/invent - flat reporting structure; access to partner is not limited

Cons

- holistically, organizational issues existed (like most firms); unclear from the top on how or if they planned to course correct

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company Pay is Low

Apr 14, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Vacation for every OT hour worked - Canadian Firm - Growing

Cons

-Low Paying jobs - Over worked

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Mar 31, 2021 - Consultant in Regina, SK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to grow and learn new skills. MNP "walks the talk" when it comes to the organization's values. The organization supports local community initiatives in meaningful ways. There is a huge focus on continuous improvement in terms of tangibly creating actions to be diverse and inclusive. Tons of highly skills team members willing to share knowledge and collaborate - a very supportive environment.

Cons

I can't think of any cons - great place to work.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Mar 27, 2021 - Consultant in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of growth and opportunity

Cons

None at all. Great company

National Human Resources

We are grateful you have taken the time to share your review. We believe our talented team members are the driving force behind the success at MNP. We are committed to offering continuous learning & development, opportunities to support and advance their careers. Thank you for being part of our MNP team!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Operations Consulting team is a toxic and unsafe work environment.

Apr 25, 2021 - Consultant in Mississauga, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers (although most of them have left the firm or transferred to another team)

Cons

- Partners have no regard for employee wellbeing and constantly put employees in unsafe work environments (both mentally and physically). - There is a complete lack of leadership and professionalism at the partner level. - Partners are extremely disrespectful towards staff. One of the partners frequently shared personal and private information about staff and clients with other members of the team. - Concerns about partner behaviour and treatment of employees have been ignored despite being escalated to HR (and above) on multiple occasions. MNP only cares about the partners not the employees, don’t waste your time applying or joining this team. Note: The operations consulting team in Mississauga is also referred to as Performance Improvement (PI) or Consulting Services

9 people found this review helpful

National Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we are sorry to hear this was your experience. Our Partners sincerely care and are invested to work with all team members to foster a respectful and professional work environment. Your feedback is very important and we will take it into consideration. We wish you all the best.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Entrepreneurial

Mar 21, 2021 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility to tailor work to strengths

Cons

Less infra than a large firm

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overworked, Low Pay

Apr 14, 2021 - ERP Consultant in Mississauga, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, work from home

Cons

Continuous unpaid overtime, lots of admin paperwork that can only be done during personal time

5 people found this review helpful