Flipp Reviews

Found 273 of over 319 reviews

3.9
Flipp Chief Consumer Officer Michael Silverman
Michael Silverman
Pros
  • "Great Culture at Flipp along with some of the most amazing people I have ever had the chance to work with(in 56 reviews)

• "You can work from home for the entire term(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This isn't the kind of place where you can coast so don't come to Flipp if you want an easy job(in 48 reviews)

• "Dishonest answers to interview questions when asked about work-life balance(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

64 Comments

Tech

332.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Flipp~970799
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Flipp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Aug 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Good place to start your career

Cons

None that I can think of

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Steady going

Sep 21, 2022 - Business Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is very unique. You can tell if you fit right away. Hard work and collaborative seems to be the norm. Pretty flexibility and as long as you get your work done, there is a ton of autonomy. Works for me

Cons

Things can change quickly so it’s requires resilience to stay at it. Context is also important so we rely on the leadership layer to help give this clarity….it can still be better .

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Best Company

Aug 23, 2022 - Product Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

So great. Not going to get more specific, but soooo awesome I loved the work I did here. We just bought another company and that’s a good thing for the employees for some reason! Our culture is so great and definitely different from other companies. We work hard, but we also play hard! And we innovate, too.

Cons

Had to really think about this one, only could think of two: -I miss commuting to the office. I love riding the bus, it gives me time alone with my thoughts. Luckily we’ve had a few mandatory in-person all hands events where we can be exposed to lots of knowledge and other things. -We have high expectations and some people just aren’t smart enough to keep up so they get bitter and resentful. Some even leave sarcastic Glassdoor posts.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Experience

Aug 18, 2022 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just left because of personal reasons, but already regretting it. Best people. Loved my coach. Liked what Flipp does. Lots of open discussion with the company about the strategy and what we're working on. Everyone is smart and nice. Lots of big projects looking to do big things. Just bought another company...taking big steps in the right direction.

Cons

Lots of work. Hard work. Projects are part of really big plans, so hard to understand the objective sometimes.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very impressed so far

Aug 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really smart people - Tough challenging work - Big ambitions - Team work - Best culture I've ever experienced

Cons

- Work is becoming more remote (I miss the office) - Bunch of people who can't let go of the past

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

2 of 5

Aug 5, 2022 - Designer in Etobicoke, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive salary and benefits packages - Consistent drive for innovation, teams that are hungry - Good start-up perks: Flexible hours, events

Cons

- Lack of resourcing means having to “do it all”; difficult for too many hats to wear - Leadership has high expectations, but provide very little coaching - Too many pivots in company outlook

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great results, big upside

Jul 7, 2022 - Product Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The results speak for themselves. Weekly Actives are growing again, the company is very profitable, just made a big acquisition, and cleaned up low performers.

Cons

- Flipp has high standards. Some people can't take it and are let go and complain or just sit around complain as you can see from the reviews below. Those who want to make a difference are able to actually do it, leadership empowers them. Those who can't do good work just end up complaining. Basically don't come to Flipp if you like complaining and don't like actually doing things to grow.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Very High School Clique

Jun 17, 2022 - Digital Operations Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great health insurance - Pay was about 48K before bonuses , with bonus 52 K - Friday lunch provided

Cons

- Lack of support from coaches and managers - Clique behaviour - Company preaches mental health but truly don't care about you - They say remote, but don't want you to be remote

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good first job, but that's is

Jun 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and benefits were great!

Cons

The company itself doesn't have a good direction, the leadership was lost. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this job if you want anything other than beginner experience.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee

Almost impressive implosion

May 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Junior employees have opportunities to contribute more significantly than at other companies - most non-managers/directors are genuinely great people, with like-minded work ethic and drive that makes working alongside them a pleasure each day

Cons

- cheap attempts to win back trust by providing company lunches if you go into the office, isn't really much of a people strategy - The pro of having great employees at the non-managers/exec level, makes some decisions about personnel at those higher levels even more confusing. Why are some people promoted over others? Why have these questionably positioned people fired some over others? It was bad enough when firings were clearly a cost-cutting measure last year, even though we were already profitable. Decisions since then have made the environment even more toxic, and these powers-that-be seem blissfully unaware that most of their staff are questioning their every word. Showing they have a plan could really ease concerns, and yet the best they can muster has been cliche motivational speech and typical buzzwords around "data" and "people" and "delivery". Schadenfreude really is the best way to describe the mood of those of us who have already jumped ship. Just a matter of time before more of the remaining few keystone people propping up the company infrastructure do the same

7 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 273 Reviews

Flipp Reviews FAQs

Flipp has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 319 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Flipp to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Flipp employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Flipp. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

69% of Flipp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Flipp 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Flipp Job Seekers