The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Flipp? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Flipp employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and there is a commitment to career growth" (in 60 reviews)
- "Great culture centred around collaboration and servant leadership" (in 49 reviews)
- "Pay & benefits are great!" (in 26 reviews)
- "Flexible work from home schedule" (in 21 reviews)
- "Great culture and team first environment" (in 21 reviews)
- "No work life balance in most departments" (in 11 reviews)
- "CEO is evil." (in 11 reviews)
- "Those who want to make a difference are able to actually do it, leadership empowers them." (in 10 reviews)
- "Management also loves to sugarcoat results." (in 9 reviews)
- "Management and executive leadership within Operations are very gossipy and immature, confidentiality is not maintained for employees (private details about employees and past employees are discussed) – senior management is known to go overboard with role playing in training settings by yelling, repeatedly swearing and mentioning inappropriate things, such as asking an employee under training to have a meeting at a motel, to “throw off” the employee and see how they deal with the situation." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Flipp and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
Found 301 of over 351 reviews
Updated Sept 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jun 23, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
High empowerment Ability to drive material change Your voice matters and you are able to move quickly
Wish there were more opportunities to connect in person, but overall, it's a good blend of remote and hybrid.
- 2.0Jun 27, 2023Product ManagerFormer EmployeeToronto, ON
• benefits and perks are the true hero here. With unlimited time off, League benefits, and learning credits. (Pay is not the best in the market) • good place to learn how not to work
• no product leadership. Mostly lead by sales people or people who worked in CPG product. • deprioritize process and technology to help tech and product team • no leadership experience in product, so process is still dependent on endless meetings. • growth is non existent. They mainly prioritize people who have been there for a decade or sales folk that worked in CPG or Retail companies. • a lot of long timers there, which you would think would be a plus. But usually they are either settled and looking for security or waiting for their move up. • executives have no process working with product and rely mostly on directors. Creating telephone tag and loss of product manager voice/credit • directors work as Product people and product people work as project managers. • don’t believe the hype around “pre-IPO”. it’s a flyers company. Best they get bought. • a lot of gossiping behind peoples back4
Flipp Reviews FAQs
Flipp has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 351 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Flipp to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
72% of Flipp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Flipp 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.