Flipp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Flipp

1. Featured Interview

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, positive, and quick. The first interview was conversational, to gauge culture fit and background. My first impression with the recruiter was great. Then I did two rounds of panel interviews. I was offered coffee and got a tour of the office. I found that the questions during the panel interviews tricky at times, but I never felt ambushed or that my ideas weren't heard. I got the offer package promptly and felt supported by the recruiter entirely.

Pal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Flipp.

Interview

Unique. Started with a phone call, then a 1st interview. Once I passed that I was expected to do a presentation and present to Execs. Can be frightening but if your confident all should go well.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several well defined stages including a phone interview, 2 panel interviews, a take home assignment, and a whiteboard problem.

The talent team member responsible for my interview process was thorough and attentive. Honestly, even though the interview was tough I definitely felt supported throughout its entirety. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you aren't clear at what is expected of you at any stage and when they provide you information regarding the culture READ IT!

In terms of the interviews themselves be candid and enthusiastic and you'll be okay. Be prepared to honestly evaluate your past performance both in term of success and failure.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest success/failure in your last position?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you were hired to do in your last position.   Answer Question
    • Some technical questions related to RD design and API stuff.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Interview

They were at campus hiring. Applied and interviewed soon after. From what my friends are saying the interview experience can be very different depending on who interviews you. Got an offer later but went with another offer.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in February 2017.

Interview

Absolutely the worst experience ever. HR needs some serious overhaul if they're going to ignore potential candidates. After applying for the position, HR e-mailed me asking what days I was available during the week for a phone interview. I gave them times, and they never responded. I sent a follow-up email a couple days later and they still didn't respond. One whole month afterwards, when I had already forgotten about it, they decided to e-mail me back to reschedule.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flipp.

Interview

They asked very hard behavioral question in terms of teamwork, conflict resolution and project planning, for technical they asked for debugging a page on the Flipp app, and also some simple sql querying.

Interview Questions

• If you were to do the same project again, and you are given 3 days to plan for the project, how would you use the three days?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp.

Interview

Some pretty standard questions regarding my previous projects and asked me to give quick demonstration of the workflow of one on a whiteboard. The only technical question was a SQL and it was pretty easy. Chatted with another leader as well.

Operation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in June 2017.

Interview

I got an email regarding phone interview. They rearranged the time once and then called on time. It took about 15 minutes. It was in general a good experience. Just typical experience questions. They don't seem to be very interested.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in July 2016.

Interview

Generic questions - mostly a profile of personality rather than technical examination. Want to see if candidate is a good fit for the company culture. The interviewer certainly do not try to intimidate or pressure you; one of the two interviewers asks questions and takes notes while the other only takes notes. To prep for the interview, make sure to have a good understanding of the culture they are promoting, and bringing up research you have done towards this area would definitely be to your benefit.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about working in a team? What role do you usually take in those group situations?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in April 2017.

Interview

You will first receive a call on the phone next an interview in person with someone from the department afterwards there is a presentation portion. Long process but they get to really know you.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in July 2017.

Interview

I liked the interview process. The first two parts of the interview process took less than a week. It consisted of a phone screen and a take-home (skill) assignment which they give you 3 days to complete.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.