Flipp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Flipp Interview Questions

Interviews at Flipp

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp.

Interview

Very easy in person interview on campus. Applied through the school and the process took about two weeks. The interview was very laid back and the interviewers were very nice.

Business Development Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp.

Interview

Many hoops to jump through and multiple panel interviews. The role they were interviewing to fill seemed to evolve as they interviewed and the skill set that said was a fit for the role, seemed to change by the end of it. A lengthy case study presentation was required. The recruiter was very responsive and kept me update with the process and what to expect with each step along the way.

Technology Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in September 2020.

Interview

I applied for the job and was reached out to for the initial interview. There were a series of events that led me to email the recruiter saying I was not interested in the role anymore due the lack of communication and disorganization I faced just in the initial interview process :
    1) Initial scheduled interview - no call, or no response to the email I had sent following up if it was still a good time or she wanted to reschedule
    2) I emailed again a week later to follow up - she got back to me saying she tried to call and the number didn't go through. I would expect an email saying that she wasn't able to get through to me if so. We scheduled another interview for the following day at her convenience. - no call, no communication to not calling.

I can understand that at time things come up at work, calls go over, and that you may need to reschedule. However, it's common sense to communication to a candidate and not leave them feeling like they are undervalued and neglected. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Can we schedule a time for an interview to get to know more about you?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in August 2020.

Interview

Talent scout at Flipp contacted me through LinkedIn and said I may be a good fit for an open role based on my previous experience. I agreed to a phone interview.

The process seemed scattered, the HR specialist seemed completely disinterested what may have been a less than 10-minute chat over the phone.

Received an automated rejection letter after a week or so.

I think they were just fulfilling some internal formalities to complete policy requirements. Little things can tell a lot about the culture of a company. Generally created a negative impression of the company.

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

1.5-hour interview, asked some behavioural questions and some coding ones.
    (focused more on how you solved the technical questions, than just getting the right answers, did pseudocode and not writing every single detail out)

Interview Questions

• How to find the when to buy in and sell a stock given a list of its prices in a chronological order   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in June 2020.

Interview

Flipp interview rounds : HR Call, Video panel interview, Take home assignment, final round.

1st round : HR call

I applied online and once my resume was shortlisted, HR gave me a call. She explained the usual stuff (what are we doing and why are we great blah blah blah…) and it was good to know what they were doing and about their App and stuff.

2nd round : Video call with two senior people (Manager and Senior Software Engineer)

While most of the companies take a technical screen, they approached it differently and it was quite refreshing. This round focused on learning more about me as a candidate and my job experiences. They also put in situational questions and were relatively easy. While I wos satisfied with my performance in this round (and they looked as well), I wasn’t given an opportunity to go forward in the interview process.
    Out of 25ish questions they asked, I did very well on more than 22 or 23 of them and others were ok.

Funny thing is that despite my 5+ years of experience, they were considering me as an Android Developer initially and since I was desperate to have this position, I didn’t mind. HR calls me 2 3 days after my 2nd round of interview and explains that I am not a fit coz I didn’t prove myself to be a mentor or a senior guy. If that’s the case, why are you interviewing me as an Android Developer and not a Senior Android Dev? Shouldn’t I be given some slack or some background on what you want from me? I would be very happy to know if I lack certain qualities ON MY FACE rather than making up as an excuse.

Flipp does need to improve this thing. If you are rejecting the candidates, be blunt and say what we didn’t do instead of being too Canadian.

Interview Questions

• Job related and situational questions:
      Tell me about urself?
      Biggest mistakes?
      Biggest disappointment?
      Most proud of ur work?
      Lowest point?
      Ever mentored someone?
      How'd u convince ur team mates to try something new in Technology?
      Which design pattern would you use?
      What did you learn once u moved from Company A to Company B?   1 Answer
    • Basic questions about job duties and resume   1 Answer

Partner Account Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

Interview

3 interview rounds: 1. call, 2. team meet, 3. present to execs.

First is a call with HR going over your qualifications, your interest, and what you know about company. HR was fantastic and unlike other interviews I've had, HR really has a pulse on the internal teams as well as the company and direction. This is your chance to learn more about the company and decide if it's a fit with what you want.

Upon completion, HR will send you a candidate package which fully advises and prepares you for upcoming interview.

Round two is meeting team members in similar roles as yourself. This is a get to know you from an experience and behavioural standpoint. As the package advises, and is commonly good practise, you should talk about the Context, Action, Result of your previous experiences, emphasizing on how you specifically contributed to the result.

Round 3 is creating and presenting a slide deck to Flipp's management. Details on the case will be provided with all supporting stats and figures, so minimal external research will be required. You are encouraged to ask questions and air on the side of over-asking vs. assuming.

Successful completion will typically get you a response within 3 days. I felt the entire process was structured, sensible, and even self-developing. Everyone was professional, fun, and genuinely interested in your success - this has been one of my more preferred interviews even amongst Element AI, Uber, DoorDash, BCG and others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to make a decision with minimal resources or support.   Answer Question
    • What is the cost of print flyers?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were in a conflict with your team or supervisor and how you resolved this.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flipp.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. It all began with a telephone round with the recruiter talking about past experience, company culture, benefits, etc.
    The next round was a telephonic interview with the hiring manager and an engineer on the team. This round focused a bit more on the candidate's technical background, talking about past projects, challenges, etc.
    The next step was a take home assignment. Followed by an intense technical round with senior devs on the team talking about the project.

Technical Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON).

Interview

very thorough! the whole process though was long, was an experience in itself. I learned a lot just from the preparation of the interview and actually helped me prepare for areas that I needed to improve during my time at Flipp and areas of strengths that I could offer the team.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Interview

Phone Interview - Fair interview questions, they emailed stating that I had a phone interview and then scheduled myself in, she called and the questions were your stereotypical first round interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What would your boss rate you as an employee out of 10?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.