Flipp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Flipp Interview Questions

Interviews at Flipp

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

1.5-hour interview, asked some behavioural questions and some coding ones.
    (focused more on how you solved the technical questions, than just getting the right answers, did pseudocode and not writing every single detail out)

Interview Questions

• How to find the when to buy in and sell a stock given a list of its prices in a chronological order   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in June 2020.

Interview

Flipp interview rounds : HR Call, Video panel interview, Take home assignment, final round.

1st round : HR call

I applied online and once my resume was shortlisted, HR gave me a call. She explained the usual stuff (what are we doing and why are we great blah blah blah…) and it was good to know what they were doing and about their App and stuff.

2nd round : Video call with two senior people (Manager and Senior Software Engineer)

While most of the companies take a technical screen, they approached it differently and it was quite refreshing. This round focused on learning more about me as a candidate and my job experiences. They also put in situational questions and were relatively easy. While I wos satisfied with my performance in this round (and they looked as well), I wasn’t given an opportunity to go forward in the interview process.
    Out of 25ish questions they asked, I did very well on more than 22 or 23 of them and others were ok.

Funny thing is that despite my 5+ years of experience, they were considering me as an Android Developer initially and since I was desperate to have this position, I didn’t mind. HR calls me 2 3 days after my 2nd round of interview and explains that I am not a fit coz I didn’t prove myself to be a mentor or a senior guy. If that’s the case, why are you interviewing me as an Android Developer and not a Senior Android Dev? Shouldn’t I be given some slack or some background on what you want from me? I would be very happy to know if I lack certain qualities ON MY FACE rather than making up as an excuse.

Flipp does need to improve this thing. If you are rejecting the candidates, be blunt and say what we didn’t do instead of being too Canadian.

Interview Questions

• Job related and situational questions:
      Tell me about urself?
      Biggest mistakes?
      Biggest disappointment?
      Most proud of ur work?
      Lowest point?
      Ever mentored someone?
      How'd u convince ur team mates to try something new in Technology?
      Which design pattern would you use?
      What did you learn once u moved from Company A to Company B?   1 Answer
    • Basic questions about job duties and resume   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flipp.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. It all began with a telephone round with the recruiter talking about past experience, company culture, benefits, etc.
    The next round was a telephonic interview with the hiring manager and an engineer on the team. This round focused a bit more on the candidate's technical background, talking about past projects, challenges, etc.
    The next step was a take home assignment. Followed by an intense technical round with senior devs on the team talking about the project.

Technical Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON).

Interview

very thorough! the whole process though was long, was an experience in itself. I learned a lot just from the preparation of the interview and actually helped me prepare for areas that I needed to improve during my time at Flipp and areas of strengths that I could offer the team.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Interview

Phone Interview - Fair interview questions, they emailed stating that I had a phone interview and then scheduled myself in, she called and the questions were your stereotypical first round interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What would your boss rate you as an employee out of 10?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Flipp (Milton, ON).

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview with HR representative. I was asked couple of situational based questions related to Scrum. The representative sounded engaged during our conversation and told me they will get back to me in a week. I didn’t hear anything back in a week so I sent a follow up e-mail but no response. It’s been 3 weeks now and still no response. Very unprofessional and no respect for candidates time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Which Scrum ceremony do you value the most? There is no right and wrong answer, we just want to evaluate your response.   Answer Question

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Flipp has a rather structured interview process and my interview experience followed suit. I appreciated the transparency in structure; almost like a progress bar outlining how far along I was in the process and knowing what to expect. Unfortunately, the position I was interviewing for was put on "hold" and I did not receive any offers after fulfilling all stages of the interview process. Regardless, I had a rather positive experience overall; people were kind and friendly and my interviews felt more like conversations than interrogations.

The first was a phone call with HR to assess basic things like who I am, my past experiences, why Flipp, strength and weaknesses etc. It was rather simple and straightforward. The second was with two lead designers in an hour long interview that involved a review of my work (I prepared ahead of time based on their request), answering questions similar to my phone screen, as well as an opportunity to pose any questions of my own. Third round was a design project that was then presented and reviewed in-person a third interview with higher-ups: a CD and another team lead. They also asked me questions similar to the previous interviewees but it definitely felt less formal and seemed to be curious about my personality and possible culture fit. It helped me to gain a sense of whether Flipp might be a good fit for me, as much as I might be a fit for them.

Interview Questions

• What kind of design work do you NOT enjoy doing and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Via skype.
    Typical and standard interview structure. The interviewer first gave brief description about the company and the job. Then i went though Self introduction, past experience, one or two behavioral questions, why Flipp.
    The interviewer was the project head and gave positive responses.

Associate Software Engineer PEY Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in February 2019.

Interview

Mostly asked behavioural questions and then two technical questions. They were very nice and reassuring whenever I felt nervous. Everyone in the building wished me luck as I was on my way to the interview.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flipp.

Interview

I applied online, waited a few days and finally received a computer generated email saying they decided to go with other candidates, even though my qualifications were exactly what they needed. It was unprofessional because no human had the decency to personally reach out.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.