Tucows Reviews

Found 156 of over 162 reviews

4.0
Tucows President, CEO, and Director Elliot Noss
Elliot Noss
Pros
  • "flexible hours and work from home days - pretty self-explanatory(in 25 reviews)

• "Good work life balance, nice ppl(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Support can run like a typical call centre(in 7 reviews)

• "The day to day work flow was very repetitive, no room for growth, felt like ground hog day(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Pinch me! Is this real?!

Apr 1, 2021 - Product Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Tucows for a little under a year now and it's truly been a breath of fresh air. Tucows is a company that is diverse and truly values people of colour. The company have real, authentic conversations about racial and gender injustice. Discussions lead to action items that are actioned upon. Leadership empowers you to make decisions and leadership is approachable regardless of their title. Lastly, the employee benefits are simply amazing.

Cons

Tucows embraces video conferencing quite a lot - maybe too much. I would love for Tucows to advise employees to only use video when face time is necessary as this can be very draining when working remotely.

1 person found this review helpful

Tucows Response

Hi there! Thank you for your kind words. We're happy you're enjoying it here at Tucows. We appreciate your feedback, and rest assured we're working on improving the way we communicate internally. Like our Better Meetings Program, we're piloting initiatives to make sure we make remote work, work better for everyone.

2. 5.0

Career Oriented

Jul 5, 2021 - Operations Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Inclusive - Open door policy - Work from home - Benefits - Challenging work but rewarding

Cons

- No clear path towards internal development options throughout the company. You're left figuring it out on your own.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company cares a lot about work like balance

Feb 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong focus on work-life balance, respect for your personal life, great efforts to improve and evolve in every area by the leadership team, lots of new and diverse hiring is bringing the company into a great spot. Hire amazing people, great benefits, nice culture, a very pleasant organization to work at. Many people coming from large corporate cultures find a home at Tucows. We are growing quickly and evolving a lot as a company. Lots of freedom for creativity and trying new things out.

Cons

Sometimes gaps in process/systems or wholistic thinking can lead to frustration amongst employees but its something everyone is thinking about and trying to improve

Tucows Response

Thank you for your feedback. We'd love to hear more about your experience and see where else we can improve. If you're open to sharing some ideas, please reach out to us at TalkToUs@Tucows.com. Thank you.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fast growing company

Apr 30, 2021 - Project Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is really great, everyone is humble, empathetic, and helpful.

Cons

Some businesses are experience rapid growth, so the amount of work can be overwhelming at times. A good challenge.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start

May 11, 2021 - Domains Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, benefits, culture, growth.

Cons

Depends on the manager you have.

6. 5.0

A company worth exploring

Apr 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A stable global company embracing agility and creativity and adapts quickly to change

Cons

Rapid expansion and constantly learning new markets

7. 5.0

Great Design Team

Feb 2, 2021 - Product Designer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Tucows has given me the chance to collaborate with a great design team. We all encourage and motivate each other to do our best work and push each other to improve. With multiple brands under the Tucows umbrella, we have a variety of projects to work on. Over the past couple of years we have added several talented individuals to our team and we continue to evolve. I feel that we keep getting better with time!

Cons

There's room to improve cross-team communication and collaboration.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

none

May 24, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in St. Catharines, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

had great potential to start

Cons

unclear where company is going now

9. 2.0

Could be better

Jun 21, 2020 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work from home option even before the pandemic - cool coworkers - free food when in office

Cons

- management needs work. A LOT of work. It’s hard being completely open with management about issues since job security is non existent. - “seniors” which are the supervisors lack diversity. Mainly white males and not enough women or people of colour. This is really showing of a company especially at a time like this. A BLM post does not suddenly fix your diversity issues. -no opportunities for growth. Yearly raises are literal pennies even if you have done well throughout the year. - management again. - the CEO is basically a ghost we hear about every once in a while. - clear priority goes out to their Toronto office. No room for growth in their St. Catharines office. The building is outdated and frankly seems unsafe. - their best employees still don’t feel as such. There’s not enough gratitude and if there is, it’s all words. The company is well off enough to give more to the employees rather than slashing customers bills for absolutely no reason. - you will feel overworked immediately when you start the job

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Excellent Company to work for

Mar 27, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible, great benefits, opportunity to learn

Cons

You have to seek your own growth opportunities

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews