Tucows Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Tucows Interview Questions

Interviews at Tucows

Fiber Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Spring, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tucows (Holly Spring, NC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Interview process was easy, I applied online and within a few days was contacted by email for an in person interview. On the interview day I showed up on time, and it seemed informal; there was no office designated interview office so what started as a 1:1 interview turned into interviewing with everyone in the room.

I was told that the process can take 2-3 weeks as they were planning to hire everyone on simultaneously for the ease of training, but I should expect to hear back within 2-3 days or a week at the latest. The interview occurred on 2/17 and it is now 4/6; I've emailed at least three times to the same person who set up and lead the interview and have been ignored.

While Tucows seems to be a great company, the NC location lacks the consideration to respond to prospective employees, I hope they treat their clients better. What bothers me the most is that they are continuously reposting new job advertisements.

Interview Questions

• They are big with safety, not with just personnel, but their equipment. Consider questions involving experience with situations where safety was jeopardized and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Sales Representativeales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tucows (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

A face to face interview is scheduled after an initial chat with the Manager, then a second interview is scheduled to know your personality and strengths.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you've been successful at sales and marketing and what you did different.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was already set in stone

PR and Communications Head Interview

Interview

I was Ghosted after two interviews. I am a senior Communications professional and applied for what I thought was a senior role through LinkedIn. I heard from an HR rep after about three weeks to express their interest in my application. I had two interviews, one was a phone screening interview with HR that was about one hour, and then I had one video interview with a Director.. It was scheduled one week after the HR interview and then rescheduled to the following week. I was offered several dates and times for that meeting.

Once we did speak, the Director seemed distracted and was interrupted several times by his child while working and interviewing from home - which is understandable right now. Despite that, we had a good one-hour conversation. I was definitely (more than) qualified and was promised follow-up shortly. I didn’t hear back so I emailed HR a few times to follow up and was told they were still interviewing and would get back to me by that Friday. And then I was ghosted, never to hear from them again. I have no idea if they ever hired anyone.

Ghosting is unprofessional. I invested hours of my time to apply, research and interview for this company. I deserve and expect to be told my status in the process in a professional manner. This was so disrespectful, especially right now when so many strong, experienced candidates have been negatively impacted by the pandemic and find themselves back in the job market. Let’s leave the ghosts to Halloween please.

Interview Questions

Tucows Response

Nov. 2, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We want you to know that this is not how we do business, and we are going to look into this further. If you can, please reach out to us at TalkToUs@Tucows.com. We want to understand better what happened so we can learn from it and ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

I recieved the mail that I had to give the interviewThe video interview process was Good. It was the first screening interview. I had to record the interview and the questions were prerecorded.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself was one of the 5 questions asked   Answer Question

Fiber Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in September 2020.

Interview

1 - Phone / Video interview with HR
    2- Phone / Video interview with first Manager
    3- Skill test
    4- Phone / Video interview with peers
    5- Phone / Video interview second Manager
    6- Phone / Video interview with Director
    After all this during a hole month, get an email : "Thank you for your interest in Tucows" I'm expected to have another interview with cleaning team as well.

Interview Questions

Tucows Response

Oct. 14, 2020

Thank you for sharing this. We want you to know that we are continually investing in new tools, processes, and resources to make our hiring process more efficient. Our focus is to make sure we take the time to assess whether a candidate is a fit for the role and will benefit most from work at Tucows. We'd love to hear more about your hiring experience and see how we can improve. Please reach out to us at TalkToUs@Tucows.com.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows (Regina, SK).

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with basic hiring questions, received invitation for video interview where 2 of the team members interviewed, they were not flexible with the schedule so I rejected

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tucows in June 2020.

Interview

I didn't get to an interview. They sent me a "personality assessment" without even talking to me first. I think this kind of thing is insulting and irrelevant, particularly when the company hasn't even taken the time to talk about qualifications first. The ONLY relevant questions in a job interview process are related to skills. In fact I think eventually we will, or should, get to a point where "fit" is seen as the prejudicial element that it is: "cultural" and potentially racist, ageist, etc. We're already there with sexual orientation, marital status, and so on.

Interview Questions

• There's a picture of a couple of people inspecting some cuts of meat in an outdoor market. The picture is labelled "Outside of the Box." The possible responses are "Me" and "Not Me."   1 Answer

Aug. 10, 2020

Thank you for raising this concern. I’m sorry you felt that way about the process. At Tucows, we aim to enrich the lives of our employees, both personally and professionally. Meaning we want to ensure candidates, who wish to work with us, are an excellent fit for the role and benefit most from our vibrant, diverse culture and work style. One of the ways we do this is with our Traitify integration. Traitify provides you and our hiring team, a window into your working style, what’s important to you and what helps fulfill your development needs. We consider many things when making our screening decisions, and this is just one of the steps we take to assess if a candidate will benefit most from working at Tucows.

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows in May 2020.

Interview

2 Part interview process
    1st Interview was basic get to you know
    2nd was w/ 2 interviewers going back and fourth asking a little more pointed questions

Big gaps in time between interviews and final decisions

Interview Questions

• I dont recall exact questions but I used the Linkedin interview prep courses to help with it and those covered all the bases.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in May 2020.

Interview

Applied online and received an email with the HR department. I then had a brief phone call with someone in the HR department. I then had an interview by video, due to Covid, with two people in the design department.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Their recruitment process seems either deceptive or unorganized. Despite having little-to-no experience in customer service, I somehow get accepted into the second round of the interview. At the second stage, the interviewers were completely expecting to converse with an applicant who had a customer service/business background, since ALL of their questions were related to this field.

Throughout the interview, I was wondering--why was I accepted into this stage?? It would've been better for the company's recruiter(s) to decline my application in the first round, instead of making me go through a seriously awkward 2nd interview.

I'd advise the company to modify their hiring process--please let the applicant know in the first round that you're looking for individuals with a strong customer service background. Otherwise it's a waste of the applicant's time.

Thanks.

Interview Questions

• Difficult customer service experience-related questions   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.