Tucows Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 71 of over 71 interviews

Other5%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Tucows

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

The interview was alright. All the interviewers were nice to talk to and friendly. 1) Interview with the staff engineer You talk about your experience and the interviewer asks your some specific questions to validate your knowledge. 2) Interview with 2 members of the team You talk about your experience and then they will give you a live assignment. It's a trivial assignment but they should perhaps more emphasize that you have a limited time to solve all the questions. It basically consists of: - You know how to work with SSH keys and permissions - You know how to troubleshoot basic issues on Linux and what services are responsible for what (basically how to use systemd) - You know how to setup a cron job and execute a simple logic (delete a file older than N days) - You know how to build a container using a Dockerfile (they check for some best practices like avoiding adding extra layers to the container image). Then they want you to run the container and get an output. - Extra. Consume an API and find an item in collection. The interview process is great but they dont provide you any feedback afterwards. It's implied that if you dont hear back from them you did not get the job. Not even sending a generic rejection e-mail leaves a bitter aftertaste from the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • Setup a cron job to delete files older than 30 days.
    Answer Question

Tucows

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows in Jul 2022

Interview

Meeting with recruiter via video, then sent to the hiring manager for a video interview. After that i never heard back. I thought i was interviewing with Tucows, but during the recruiter interview i was told the job was with a child company, then during the hiring manager interview i was told it was with yet another child company. You can imagine how that would make one feel.....not good.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer used more foul language than im used to in a first interview. Seemed very laid back. I thought it went really well, until i asked certain questions. The hiring manager didn't really have good explanations about their processes which got me worried...

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

288.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Tucows~6018
Join the conversation on

Tucows

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows in May 2022

Interview

I was interviewed remotely by the hiring manager. Who explained the position in great detail. He told me about Charlottesville market and the expectations I was asked 6-7 different questions about me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tucows

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows in May 2022

Interview

It was good interview and the questions were straight to the type of job i was looking for. Also general questions were fair . I liked it. The interviewer was gentle and on point as per his questions and gave me good time to explain my self. I felt welcomed and at home. I appreciated so much,

Interview Questions
  • About fiber optics cables / splicing

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Tucows (Tucson, AZ)

Interview

It was amazing! I was very impressed with the great detail put into the selection process. Everyone was very energetic; all of the key questions were answered. Overall, I've been extremely impressed with the hiring process, and everyone involved. I am very excited to be part of this team!

Interview Questions
  • How did you hear about Ting / Tucows? Describe a difficult situation and how did you resolve it? Why would you like to leave your current job to work for Tucows?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I interviewed at Tucows (Charlottesville, VA)

Interview

Panel interview with 2 of the seniors or HR Mainly asking questions on behaviour and asking about last experiences Lengthy interview, where they want you to elaborate on lots of detail. Good for getting to know you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Tucows (Wake Forest, NC) in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview process was lovely! Super personable, fast and felt like they really wanted to get to know you. Just getting the team alone really made me want to join the team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. What do you look for in a team? Tell me a project you're the most proud. Tell me a project that didn't go as expected. What was something you learned in the past year?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2022

Interview

I really enjoyed it, the interviewer used things I mentioned to "quiz" me technically, really good way to do things. The interviewer was also really fun and social. He was also very forward about the difficulty of the questions (eg. if a question wasn't meant to be answerable he would say so before hand)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2022

Interview

it was so smooth. My God!!!. interviewers were very professional, they allowed me to express myself. also, they were straightforward with the questions, I mean those questions were strictly role-related questions

Interview Questions
  • Because I was interviewing for Software support analyst which is a combination of customer care and software testing, there were questions on API Testing, Bug reporting, handling issues, and palliating angry customers.

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows (Edmonton, AB) in Apr 2022

Interview

The process was very amicable, right after I applied online got an email with a detailed description of the selection process and that’s an amazing feature because you have full visibility since day 1. The interview process was smooth and all the communication during the process was amazing.

Interview Questions
  • Share your experience and skills.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Interviews

Tucows Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Tucows according to 64 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 25.95%