Tucows Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 37 of over 37 interviews

Recruiter6%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2020

Interview

My interview experience took about a month from start to finish: 1) 30-min HR phone screening (this was done through video call) 2) 60-min interview with hiring manager (video call) 3) Two-part "take-home" assignment (was given approx. 1 week to complete) 4) 30-min interview with another manager in the Finance department (video call) 5) 30-min interview with CFO I was very satisfied with the interview process as each "round" of interviews was informal and very well-structured at the same time. The conversations I had with each interviewer flowed very naturally and also allowed me to ask all of my questions at any point in time. This was one of the first times that I was allowed the opportunity to ask a bunch of questions at the beginning, and at the very end of the interview which I really appreciated. Overall, the interview process was quite long, however, I actually really liked the fact that Tucows spent a lot of time to make sure I was the right fit and assessed multiple aspects prior to extending the offer, such as past work experience, current skills (via take-home assignment), and overall attitude / fit with work culture. I think the fact that they spend a lot of time to assess whether you are a right fit says a lot about the company and the work culture. Even if I didn't get an offer, I would just be as pleased with my interview experience knowing that they spent the time getting to know me and gave me a chance to show who I was (i.e. it felt like I had a fair shot, as opposed to only being interviewed once where only their first impressions of me mattered).

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume / tell me about yourself and why you want to leave your current position.
    Answer Question
  • What are you like as a remote worker?
  • How would you rate your Excel skills?
  • What do you want to improve on?

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Cambridge, ON)

Interview

The Interview process consisted of 3 steps: Step 1) Phone Screen Step 2) 1:1 video interview with Hiring Manager Step 3) A group/panel interview They also sent out a personality quiz and ended the process with Background Checks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

I had 4 different interviews is a period of 9 days. All the interviewers were very friendly and a pleasure to chat. They asked tough programming/design questions. All interviews were done thru Google Meets because all interviewers were working from home.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any experience with Micro-Services or Kafka?
  • There is not right or wrong answer to this question. Supposed we have 3 data centers and you want to implement an endpoint that is fault-tolerant and perform optimally and scale fast on demand. How would you implement it?

Tucows

Application

I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

The interview process was quite long, but all the interviewers were very friendly. I was asked both behavioural and technical questions. However, there was no whiteboard challenge or portfolio presentation in any of the interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tucows

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

Standard multi-round interview, starting with the recruiter, then the hiring manager and finally a panel of peers, reports and executives. All of the interviews amounted to about 10 hours total, spread across 2 weeks. Overall the interview process itself was totally fine, no complaints there. Once all of these were over, I was a solid 2 weeks without any news, and once I finally got a hold of the recruiter, I was told they were still deliberating and was thanked for my patience. Then, after another 2 weeks, I emailed again for an update and was told the same thing, that there was no decision made yet, and again I was thanked for my continued patience. It took another full month and a few more emails asking for an update before I was finally told that my application wouldn't be pursued any further. That was the last email I ever got from anyone at Tucows, I asked for feedback after that but never got any response. I don't have any issues with not getting the job, that part is fine. But having to wait 2 full months before getting any news following my last interview, having to repeatedly ask for updates in order to get anything at all, and being completely ignored when asking for feedback isn't a great experience at all.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were pretty standard, touching on previous experience, as well as behavioural and situational questions.
2 people found this interview helpful

Tucows

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview process was a five step process beginning with a touch base with a recruiter and then a series of interviews from my direct manager and peers. The process was not your typical in-line interview that begins with the hiring manager and simply grows as the process moves (i.e. interview with the hiring manager, then hiring manager and their manager, etc). Being able to interview with the hiring manager first gave me insight into the expectations of the role at a high level, but the interviews with my peers (without the hiring manager present) gave me a real sense that I was seeing the entirety of the role and not just a rosy picture painted by a hiring manager or recruiter simply trying to get someone in the door. The interviews were largely conversational rather than the typical two minute question and answer shoot. While there certainly were plenty of question and answer moments, the conversational nature of it made me feel at ease and allowed me to be more thorough and thoughtful in my answers. All in all, it was a great experience and made me feel like part of the Tucows family before I even knew I was actually going to be.

Interview Questions
  • A large portion of the interview questions centered on culture (and its importance) and my experience with building processes and teams.

Tucows

Application

I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

Two rounds of interviews one with the members of the team and the other with the hiring manager. The first round has more of a technical emphasis while the second one tested soft skills

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you handled projects under strict deadlines in the past

Tucows

Application

I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

I was Ghosted after two interviews. I am a senior Communications professional and applied for what I thought was a senior role through LinkedIn. I heard from an HR rep after about three weeks to express their interest in my application. I had two interviews, one was a phone screening interview with HR that was about one hour, and then I had one video interview with a Director.. It was scheduled one week after the HR interview and then rescheduled to the following week. I was offered several dates and times for that meeting. Once we did speak, the Director seemed distracted and was interrupted several times by his child while working and interviewing from home - which is understandable right now. Despite that, we had a good one-hour conversation. I was definitely (more than) qualified and was promised follow-up shortly. I didn’t hear back so I emailed HR a few times to follow up and was told they were still interviewing and would get back to me by that Friday. And then I was ghosted, never to hear from them again. I have no idea if they ever hired anyone. Ghosting is unprofessional. I invested hours of my time to apply, research and interview for this company. I deserve and expect to be told my status in the process in a professional manner. This was so disrespectful, especially right now when so many strong, experienced candidates have been negatively impacted by the pandemic and find themselves back in the job market. Let’s leave the ghosts to Halloween please.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Tucows

Application

I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

I recieved the mail that I had to give the interviewThe video interview process was Good. It was the first screening interview. I had to record the interview and the questions were prerecorded. .

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2020

Interview

1 - Phone / Video interview with HR 2- Phone / Video interview with first Manager 3- Skill test 4- Phone / Video interview with peers 5- Phone / Video interview second Manager 6- Phone / Video interview with Director After all this during a hole month, get an email : "Thank you for your interest in Tucows" I'm expected to have another interview with cleaning team as well.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows (Regina, SK)

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with basic hiring questions, received invitation for video interview where 2 of the team members interviewed, they were not flexible with the schedule so I rejected

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Interviews