Tucows Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 48 of over 48 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2020

Interview

My interview experience took about a month from start to finish: 1) 30-min HR phone screening (this was done through video call) 2) 60-min interview with hiring manager (video call) 3) Two-part "take-home" assignment (was given approx. 1 week to complete) 4) 30-min interview with another manager in the Finance department (video call) 5) 30-min interview with CFO I was very satisfied with the interview process as each "round" of interviews was informal and very well-structured at the same time. The conversations I had with each interviewer flowed very naturally and also allowed me to ask all of my questions at any point in time. This was one of the first times that I was allowed the opportunity to ask a bunch of questions at the beginning, and at the very end of the interview which I really appreciated. Overall, the interview process was quite long, however, I actually really liked the fact that Tucows spent a lot of time to make sure I was the right fit and assessed multiple aspects prior to extending the offer, such as past work experience, current skills (via take-home assignment), and overall attitude / fit with work culture. I think the fact that they spend a lot of time to assess whether you are a right fit says a lot about the company and the work culture. Even if I didn't get an offer, I would just be as pleased with my interview experience knowing that they spent the time getting to know me and gave me a chance to show who I was (i.e. it felt like I had a fair shot, as opposed to only being interviewed once where only their first impressions of me mattered).

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume / tell me about yourself and why you want to leave your current position.
    Answer Question
  • What are you like as a remote worker?
  • How would you rate your Excel skills?
  • What do you want to improve on?

Tucows

Application

I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

My phone interview process was smooth and easy. They care about what you have to say and want to give everyone a chance. They listen and understand your needs. They have great benefits and a flexible schedule

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Tucows

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows in Sep 2021

Interview

Looks like Tucows is having a hard time meeting the deadlines of feedbacks. I had a technical interview on 17.9.2021 and the tech lead told me I should receive the answer from a recruiter in three days. There was a complete radio silence since then. I still haven't received any trace of my application progress and it's not the first time this happens. Meanwhile, the job posting for this position was renewed... You guys really need to hire more people in HR and/or do something about being more proactive. This is unacceptable. I don't want to mention previous troubles I had with organizing the interview yet alone not receiving the feedback eventually.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of migrations have you performed? What virtualization technologies have you worked with?

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Charlottesville, VA) in Aug 2021

Interview

I got to know more about Ashley and Mike, and I went through a series of open-ended personality questions that required me to give real world examples of how I would handle certain situations, which I loved that. It was followed up by some technical questions. It was and outstanding experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • What would you due in the event someone called in about losing their internet connection?
  • Since we're all human, give an example of what you handled a mistake you made on a customer's service call or job.
  • What is DHCP as compared to Static IPs.
  • What would be a valid reason for someone to use a VPN.

Anonymous Employee in Stoney Creek, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Stoney Creek, ON) in Aug 2021

Interview

Excellent interview where I was asked about my knowledge and understanding of the company and the role itself. I was questioned about my technical experience, and afterwards was given the opportunity to ask additional questions about the role to ensure I felt I was a comfortable fit.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the difference between a Static and Dynamic IP address.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2021

Interview

First call with HR was a nice natural flowing conversation. I was ghosted after that - even with a nice follow-up email. Very unprofessional. This is telling of how they'll treat their staff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tucows

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

The interview process consist of 2 tests. The first one was a written one, focussed on individual prespective, get-to-know employee type questions. The first test is easy to clear. The second one is an video interview with two people. All the questions were related to customers and situation questions. The interviewers are affable, it felt like a friendly talk speaking of my work experience. The second interview went 40 minutes. After one week they informed I was selected and I am excited for my joining at Tucows.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straightforward which I really appreciated. It was about 30 minutes in length and not a single minute was wasted. The entire time allotted was used productively. My interviewers each told me about their respective positions and what they were going to undertake in the next couple of months. After that, we spoke about me and why I chose to apply for the position. All in all, it felt like a very uplifting conversation and I was more invested to work for Tucows than I was when I first applied.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to tell them about myself.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in May 2021

Interview

I had a total of 5 interview: - Initial 30 minutes HR screening - 1 hour interview with the Tech Lead - 1.5 hour technical interview with a data engineer - 1 hour technical interview with 2 data analysts - 1 hour interview with the head of analytics (hiring manager) Overall, I had a very pleasant experience. Everyone was extremely easy to talk to and asked pertinent questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in May 2021

Interview

First step is they make you do 2 tests. The first one is a scenario test and they ask you how you would handle difficult situations. Why you would be a good fit. Second one is a personality test. Similar to the ones you find online to see what type of personality you have. Then the last step is an interview with 2 managers. Both were very professional but made you feel comfortable. It felt more like a conversation than a typical robotic interview. They answered all my questions transparently with how the team is structured and how the work is.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Cambridge, ON)

Interview

The Interview process consisted of 3 steps: Step 1) Phone Screen Step 2) 1:1 video interview with Hiring Manager Step 3) A group/panel interview They also sent out a personality quiz and ended the process with Background Checks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Interviews