Tucows Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 44 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2020

Interview

My interview experience took about a month from start to finish: 1) 30-min HR phone screening (this was done through video call) 2) 60-min interview with hiring manager (video call) 3) Two-part "take-home" assignment (was given approx. 1 week to complete) 4) 30-min interview with another manager in the Finance department (video call) 5) 30-min interview with CFO I was very satisfied with the interview process as each "round" of interviews was informal and very well-structured at the same time. The conversations I had with each interviewer flowed very naturally and also allowed me to ask all of my questions at any point in time. This was one of the first times that I was allowed the opportunity to ask a bunch of questions at the beginning, and at the very end of the interview which I really appreciated. Overall, the interview process was quite long, however, I actually really liked the fact that Tucows spent a lot of time to make sure I was the right fit and assessed multiple aspects prior to extending the offer, such as past work experience, current skills (via take-home assignment), and overall attitude / fit with work culture. I think the fact that they spend a lot of time to assess whether you are a right fit says a lot about the company and the work culture. Even if I didn't get an offer, I would just be as pleased with my interview experience knowing that they spent the time getting to know me and gave me a chance to show who I was (i.e. it felt like I had a fair shot, as opposed to only being interviewed once where only their first impressions of me mattered).

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume / tell me about yourself and why you want to leave your current position.
    Answer Question
  • What are you like as a remote worker?
  • How would you rate your Excel skills?
  • What do you want to improve on?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2021

Interview

First call with HR was a nice natural flowing conversation. I was ghosted after that - even with a nice follow-up email. Very unprofessional. This is telling of how they'll treat their staff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tucows

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

The interview process consist of 2 tests. The first one was a written one, focussed on individual prespective, get-to-know employee type questions. The first test is easy to clear. The second one is an video interview with two people. All the questions were related to customers and situation questions. The interviewers are affable, it felt like a friendly talk speaking of my work experience. The second interview went 40 minutes. After one week they informed I was selected and I am excited for my joining at Tucows.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straightforward which I really appreciated. It was about 30 minutes in length and not a single minute was wasted. The entire time allotted was used productively. My interviewers each told me about their respective positions and what they were going to undertake in the next couple of months. After that, we spoke about me and why I chose to apply for the position. All in all, it felt like a very uplifting conversation and I was more invested to work for Tucows than I was when I first applied.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to tell them about myself.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in May 2021

Interview

I had a total of 5 interview: - Initial 30 minutes HR screening - 1 hour interview with the Tech Lead - 1.5 hour technical interview with a data engineer - 1 hour technical interview with 2 data analysts - 1 hour interview with the head of analytics (hiring manager) Overall, I had a very pleasant experience. Everyone was extremely easy to talk to and asked pertinent questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in May 2021

Interview

First step is they make you do 2 tests. The first one is a scenario test and they ask you how you would handle difficult situations. Why you would be a good fit. Second one is a personality test. Similar to the ones you find online to see what type of personality you have. Then the last step is an interview with 2 managers. Both were very professional but made you feel comfortable. It felt more like a conversation than a typical robotic interview. They answered all my questions transparently with how the team is structured and how the work is.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Cambridge, ON)

Interview

The Interview process consisted of 3 steps: Step 1) Phone Screen Step 2) 1:1 video interview with Hiring Manager Step 3) A group/panel interview They also sent out a personality quiz and ended the process with Background Checks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

I had 4 different interviews is a period of 9 days. All the interviewers were very friendly and a pleasure to chat. They asked tough programming/design questions. All interviews were done thru Google Meets because all interviewers were working from home.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any experience with Micro-Services or Kafka?
  • There is not right or wrong answer to this question. Supposed we have 3 data centers and you want to implement an endpoint that is fault-tolerant and perform optimally and scale fast on demand. How would you implement it?

Tucows

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tucows in Apr 2021

Interview

Resume based, HR wanted a run down of each of my positions. No additional questions other than "tell me about this role". Practice selling your resume as you will not get a chance to add much else... only rely on yourself!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tucows

Application

I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

The interview process was quite long, but all the interviewers were very friendly. I was asked both behavioural and technical questions. However, there was no whiteboard challenge or portfolio presentation in any of the interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tucows

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows

Interview

Standard multi-round interview, starting with the recruiter, then the hiring manager and finally a panel of peers, reports and executives. All of the interviews amounted to about 10 hours total, spread across 2 weeks. Overall the interview process itself was totally fine, no complaints there. Once all of these were over, I was a solid 2 weeks without any news, and once I finally got a hold of the recruiter, I was told they were still deliberating and was thanked for my patience. Then, after another 2 weeks, I emailed again for an update and was told the same thing, that there was no decision made yet, and again I was thanked for my continued patience. It took another full month and a few more emails asking for an update before I was finally told that my application wouldn't be pursued any further. That was the last email I ever got from anyone at Tucows, I asked for feedback after that but never got any response. I don't have any issues with not getting the job, that part is fine. But having to wait 2 full months before getting any news following my last interview, having to repeatedly ask for updates in order to get anything at all, and being completely ignored when asking for feedback isn't a great experience at all.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were pretty standard, touching on previous experience, as well as behavioural and situational questions.
2 people found this interview helpful