Tucows Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Tucows Interview Questions

Interviews at Tucows

Fiber Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Spring, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tucows (Holly Spring, NC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Interview process was easy, I applied online and within a few days was contacted by email for an in person interview. On the interview day I showed up on time, and it seemed informal; there was no office designated interview office so what started as a 1:1 interview turned into interviewing with everyone in the room.

I was told that the process can take 2-3 weeks as they were planning to hire everyone on simultaneously for the ease of training, but I should expect to hear back within 2-3 days or a week at the latest. The interview occurred on 2/17 and it is now 4/6; I've emailed at least three times to the same person who set up and lead the interview and have been ignored.

While Tucows seems to be a great company, the NC location lacks the consideration to respond to prospective employees, I hope they treat their clients better. What bothers me the most is that they are continuously reposting new job advertisements.

Interview Questions

• They are big with safety, not with just personnel, but their equipment. Consider questions involving experience with situations where safety was jeopardized and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Sales Representativeales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tucows (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

A face to face interview is scheduled after an initial chat with the Manager, then a second interview is scheduled to know your personality and strengths.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you've been successful at sales and marketing and what you did different.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was already set in stone

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows (Regina, SK).

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with basic hiring questions, received invitation for video interview where 2 of the team members interviewed, they were not flexible with the schedule so I rejected

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tucows in June 2020.

Interview

I didn't get to an interview. They sent me a "personality assessment" without even talking to me first. I think this kind of thing is insulting and irrelevant, particularly when the company hasn't even taken the time to talk about qualifications first. The ONLY relevant questions in a job interview process are related to skills. In fact I think eventually we will, or should, get to a point where "fit" is seen as the prejudicial element that it is: "cultural" and potentially racist, ageist, etc. We're already there with sexual orientation, marital status, and so on.

Interview Questions

• There's a picture of a couple of people inspecting some cuts of meat in an outdoor market. The picture is labelled "Outside of the Box." The possible responses are "Me" and "Not Me."   1 Answer

Tucows Response

Aug. 10, 2020

Thank you for raising this concern. I’m sorry you felt that way about the process. At Tucows, we aim to enrich the lives of our employees, both personally and professionally. Meaning we want to ensure candidates, who wish to work with us, are an excellent fit for the role and benefit most from our vibrant, diverse culture and work style.

One of the ways we do this is with our Traitify integration. Traitify provides you and our hiring team, a window into your working style, what’s important to you and what helps fulfill your development needs. We consider many things when making our screening decisions, and this is just one of the steps we take to assess if a candidate will benefit most from working at Tucows.

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows in May 2020.

Interview

2 Part interview process
    1st Interview was basic get to you know
    2nd was w/ 2 interviewers going back and fourth asking a little more pointed questions

Big gaps in time between interviews and final decisions

Interview Questions

• I dont recall exact questions but I used the Linkedin interview prep courses to help with it and those covered all the bases.   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Their recruitment process seems either deceptive or unorganized. Despite having little-to-no experience in customer service, I somehow get accepted into the second round of the interview. At the second stage, the interviewers were completely expecting to converse with an applicant who had a customer service/business background, since ALL of their questions were related to this field.

Throughout the interview, I was wondering--why was I accepted into this stage?? It would've been better for the company's recruiter(s) to decline my application in the first round, instead of making me go through a seriously awkward 2nd interview.

I'd advise the company to modify their hiring process--please let the applicant know in the first round that you're looking for individuals with a strong customer service background. Otherwise it's a waste of the applicant's time.

Thanks.

Interview Questions

• Difficult customer service experience-related questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON) in March 2020.

Interview

Started off with a phone call, after which I was asked to interview via video call with the manager. We had a great chat (I think) and I was told that I would hear back the week after. After 2 weeks I emailed the HR person and got no reply. After waiting for almost a month, still no reply and no communication of any sort. I replied to the HR person several times but they never got back. It was very rude and unprofessional as someone who interviews with the manager of the position deserves to hear a reply.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Interviewed with my future manager and tech lead. Incredibly rude and condescending. Asked me questions on how to do things and was on such a high horse, nit picking my answers constantly and making me feel like an idiot.

I've worked in the past with huge brands on websites, so I do have a sense of what I'm doing.

Could tell they'd be absolutely miserable to work for. Decided not to continue the interview.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tucows (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Wonderful interview, didn't feel intimidated with role play. The persons who conduct the interview was very friendly and informs about the times and role descriptions. Asked questions at the end of the interview.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tucows.

Interview

Basic screening phone interview with the recruiter followed by a video-chat interview with the hiring manager.

It wasnt hard and was particularly easy, however i feel that video chat is useless because you can really grasps a candidates potential in person.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.