PointClickCare Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The company is growing fast and so processes have yet to catch up (in 9 reviews)

• no cons great company to work for (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Place I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - SQL Developer in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - SQL Developer in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Yes, the perks are great. Perks include subsidized breakfast and lunch, free gym, golf simulator, video games, ping-pong, air hockey, pool, company events, celebrating wins, great health benefits, RRSP matching, flex paid time off, flexible remote working schedules, beer Fridays, cultural events.

Last summer, the owners came around with ice cream carts giving employees ice cream! These guys keep the company real.

The people I work with and work for are awesome. I couldn't ask for a greater group of people to spend 8+ hours per day with.

Our core values are often felt throughout the workday. It's great to know that no matter what you do for the company, you are helping to enrich the lives of the millions our software serves.

Cons

I can't think of one. Anything that others might think of as a con is presents as a unique challenge that people at PointClickCare often takes on to self improve.

2. "Come for the perks, stay for the people"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Best work perks I've ever experience. Even better environment due to the people I work with.

Cons

Can't say there are many cons.....

3. "Best company to work for in GTA"

Current Employee - Development Manager in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Development Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the most flexible companies for work-life balance. Flexible time off. Remote work as needed, Onsite GYM, Lunch, Coffee Snacks Fruits.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Both owners are great.

5. "Product Owner"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great fun work environment. Promotes team work. Wonderful to see so many different people working together to create something so meaningful for our customer and for senior living community. I always look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

6. "Amazing place to work all around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So many fantastic benefits to working at PointClickCare! There are perks including onsite gym with trainer-led classes, a great subsidized cafeteria, games/entertainment for when you need a break and a good benefits package.

Leadership have done a great job of bringing together the different functional groups on a regular basis so that a company of 1000+ employees feels like a tight knit community. All of the senior leadership, including the CEO are accessible to all employees.

Most importantly, the company is driven to support the Long Term Care industry and impact the lives of seniors by making the lives of caregivers easier.

Cons

Some growing pains as the company develops products for new lines of business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Fantastic Place to Work"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at PointClickCare for over a year. I love coming to work everyday and interacting with great people at all levels of the organization - many of which are invested, engaged, driven and informed in both the market and the technology. The Mississauga HQ office has all the perks you would want:
    Subsidized meals, wellness programs, free gym, ping pong, air hockey, xbox, golf simulators!, company events, celebrating big wins and success, progressive health benefits, RRSP matching, flex paid time off, flexible remote working schedules, beer Fridays, cultural events

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep driving the culture and focus on updating the core technologies platforms

8. "Account Development Rep - Not a fun place"

Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Mississauga, ON

I worked at PointClickCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Nice office
    - In house Cafeteria
    - Gym
    - Benefits and RRSP Matching
    - Unlimited Vacation (kind of)
    - Diverse workplace

Cons

- Sales culture totally different from the company culture
    - Lots of favouritism
    - Incompetent managers/lack of true leadership
    - Minimal support for cross functional career growth
    - Employee feedback not valued
    - Managers constantly implementing fear tactics

Advice to Management

If you want employees to be engaged and give you 100% consistently, you may need to provide better training for leaders and hold them more accountable or just simply teach them HOW to lead. Even though I have moved on, I fear the account development team soon, will not be able to retain top talent for the company because of incompetent leadership.

"Awesome company for the "not ambitious""

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

I won't repeat the pros listed by others. Suffice to say this company treats its employees very well. There is life/work balance with the emphasis on life. If your goal is to earn a comfortable living then this is the place for you. Just do the minimum and don't make waves with the old guard and you will have a decent salary, a great day to day work life, all the flexibility you need to work from home, and good benefits for your family.

Cons

If your major concern is advancing your career and skills then this is not necessarily the place for you. The technology is old, slow, homely and fragile. Despite claiming an agile environment, processes are waterfall, literally crawl from planning through launch and ultimately deliver little. This is not the place to learn or practice your technology related skills. Several aspects of the culture are negative, there is a lack of accountability in general and few people demonstrate any drive to win. The culture was sold to me as collaborative but turns out to be overwhelming consensual...no one is willing (or permitted) to make a decision which is a big contributing factor to overall slowness in the business. Not a place for a go-getting decision-maker for any length of time...too frustrating (although the life/work balance and other benefits make it hard to leave).

Advice to Management

You have far, far too many employees for the work that actually gets done. Watch out for a truly agile competitor with a modern technology platform.

10. "Fantastic place to work"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, grounded senior leadership. Really deliver on the "work hard, play hard" ideal. The business we work in is purposeful and meaningful which is hard to find.

Cons

The office is a tiny bit difficult to get out of a 5-6pm (lots of traffic)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing.

"IPO lured all the GOOD talkers and they all talk, do nothing."

I worked at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Time well spent with people? Or not well spent? Always talks!! It's like a talk show.

Cons

Low quality managers, they are contractors. They've been invited by money and they started to change the company.