Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Assistant store manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time when you had a different approach to doing something. What was the problem, what did you do, and what was the result?

1 Answer

I was working at a gas station. I got along well with all of my co workers and managers with the exception one shift leader. I had been warned by a few of the long time employees that she had a history of moodiness and coldness towards new employees that should be brushed off because it was normal for her. After working at Speedway for about 2 months, I started to feel that this was getting personal against me when I would come for my shift, greet her, and get a cold silence. She was becoming more difficult to work with even when I had to communicate with her on a work only basis. One day, I took the plunge and asked her if she had a problem with me as a person or/and as a worker because I felt that this behavior would one day get in the way of work getting done. To my surprise, she was upset with me because she felt we were stepping on each other's toes. After expressing our frustrations, it turns out that we simply wanted the same things for the company but had different ways about going about it. I am more organized and she was a more abstract thinker, but as long as things got done at the end that's all that mattered We both wanted to be highly efficient and to get more done in the same amount of time and we realized that this could never happen with things being the way they were between us. After having this conversation, I felt that we reconciled, understood one another, and began communicating a lot more efficiently with more respect towards one another. We learned off of one another.

Given scenarios: If a customer cannot find an item and; a) asks you for help, b) is in an isle, seemingly frustrated.

1 Answer

What do you do to create the best environment for your employees to succeed?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you helped bring up an employee's performance to standard?

1 Answer

Its a cake walk for even a school drop out as the interviewers in the LL Canadian division are themselves school drop outs and do not know to ask professional questions. So its better not to prepare for the interview ..........

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision?

1 Answer

The questions were standard, i.e. tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member, tell me about a time you were able to go above and beyond for a customer and/or team member, etc.

Why should I hire you?

About the capacity to manage 100 Associate

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you weren't able to meet a customers expectations?

110 of 95 Interview Questions