J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated 21 Aug, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

I got lucky because when i was there to submit my application in the store, the store director was there as well so she kind of interviewed me on the spot real quick and invited me for a group interview that week. We had 4 people in our group and the store director interview us. Some behavioural and situational questions nothing very unexpected. And in a couple days a manager called saying that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, When was a time u demonstrated team work, how did you deal with an angry customer, why do you want to work at j.crew   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Vancouver, BC) in June-2015.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and made it very easy. Complimented me on my outfit and told me I would most likely receive a call later that night. Received a call, got a second interview (basic questions) and got a job offer 2 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Calgary, AB) in June-2015.

Interview

Group Interview with about 7 people. We went in a circle where each one of us was asked to answer specific questions, there was the option not to answer the questions asked. Basic questions such as Why J Crew? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? General questions about your personality.

Associate Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Received a phone call for interview, had the interview with the HR Recruiter, Area and Regional Manager, and had an offer very shortly after. The interview wasn't strange or in-depth, but the HR Recruiter was very focused and asked questions regarding my life rather than experience. They are interested in finding the right person (when it comes to the US).

Interview Questions

• What are the most important qualities that a manager can have?   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Toronto, ON) in September-2014.

Interview

I applied on-line for a job posting for a sales support. I got contacted not long after and I was scheduled in for an interview not long after. In total I dad two interviews. First interview was in a group setting at one of the stores, there were about 5 of us. The second was one-on-one with upper management. This interview was shorter than the group interview and only consisted of a few show questions. I think the interviewer might have been in a rush.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Why J.Crew? What is customer service to you? What are you're hobbies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Vancouver, BC) in October-2013.

Interview

I applied online, then waited for a couple of days to be contacted. Then, I was invited for a phone interview. After the screening, I was invited to do a one-on-one interview with the Hiring Manager. After the interview, they called me after a week for an offer. Overall, the interview was pretty straightforward and standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Interview

Walked in, talked to the manager - she scheduled me for an interview the next day. We talked for about ten minutes outside of the store and as a big fan of J.Crew, I just went on and on about what I loved about the company (I name-dropped collaborations I loved, including the Liberty Floral collection). She said she was very impressed with me, but would have to go through a second interview as it was protocol. However, I got a call within the next week offering me a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated starting salary (I started higher up because of previous experience)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Approached a manager in store and was given an application to fill out. Contacted within two days to attend a group interview. Interview was very casual, with around 10 people.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic questions about customer experience and personal fashion styles   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J. Crew (Toronto, ON) in September-2012.

Interview

Sales Associates and Support were all put in the same room and same situation when it came to the group interview. There were originally supposed to be 10 of us, but only 9 showed up. The interviewers were kind enough to wait a few minutes for the tardy, but once it past 5 minutes, they began the interview. Questions included (but weren't limited to): - Why J Crew? - What is a trait that defines great customer service? - Tell us about a situation where you had to exceed your job description. - Think Quick: They told us a word and we had to say the first thing that came to mind. Note: The interviews themselves were rather easygoing. The interviewers were calm and fun, and they made us feel more at ease with each other.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question would have to be regarding customer service experience (ideally in the retail world) and since I had no prior experience, I had to make do with a slightly modified version of a situation to match what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't interested in negotiation, although it didn't seem negotiable. I was called 2 weeks after the interview and told that I was undergoing a background check and I was currently 'conditionally accepted'. I was never told I was 'fully accepted', but I assume I am now since I have an employee number, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Vaughan, ON) in September-2012.

Interview

Lots of questions about customer service and how you would treat a customer. Went on about discounts and dress code