Vanguard Accelerated Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vanguard Accelerated Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanguard

3.1

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who urged me to apply for the position. After submitting application I was notified a few days later that the company would be pursuing "more qualified" candidates

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Clemson, SC (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Round 1 is a phone interview screening that uses the STAR format. Most questions were behavioral and ask "describe a time when...". The interview lasts from 30-45 minutes. The interviewer was pleasant but definitely wants concise answers that focus on results. Make sure to know what your 5 year plan is and emphasize that you are a goal-driven leadership oriented individual.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome adversity within a team setting.   Answer Question

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

I met a recruiter at our campus career fair. I discussed Vanguard's Accelerated Development Program with him and he had me rank my location preferences. He then passed my resume on to the recruiter in Phoenix (my first location preference). I was contacted by this recruiter by phone for a phone screen. After getting past this round, another recruiter set up a phone interviews. I received word over the phone that Vanguard wanted to fly me to Phoenix for a final round interview. This final round was at Vanguard's offices in Phoenix and comprised of two one-on-one interviews and a group discussion between all of the potential hires, which the recruiters observed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get people to follow your lead and how you did so.   Answer Question

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Omaha, NE (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview for about 45 minutes after applying through campus. Basic behavioral questions. Did not give much detail about the program when asked. There was confusion as to what location it was held and which business areas you could enter after the program. Came out of it not knowing if it was even something worth pursuing. Would not pursue a career again.

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process, applied online, then phone interview, then invited on site for final interview. The whole process is very quick the phone interview is 30 mins and very conversational, all behavioral questions. The on site is a mix of finance and behavioral questions. The on-site takes around 6 hours from 7 to like around 1 or 2.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress jobs? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Basic questions about financial terms e.g. what is a bond, stock, exchange rates? Also many behavioral questions e.g How do you get a team motivated?   Answer Question

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Campus recruitment, next day preliminary interview. Notified one week later of selection for final interview. Specifics of the program were vague, even when I asked in the interview. Vanguard is big on the STAR format, behavioral analysis, and leadership potential. I was told my extracurriculars were what impressed them most.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to motivate someone to do something they did not want to do.   1 Answer

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in October 2013.

Interview

Vanguard advertised the position on my college's job board, but I applied directly through the Vanguard website. I went and visited them at my college's career fair about a week later and heard back about a week after that. I scheduled a phone interview, but it kept being rescheduled. In the meantime, I spoke with a couple of alumni from my college who were incredibly helpful and supportive in the process. I had a phone interview but was not invited to Philadelphia for the final round.

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Vanguard in September 2013.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a college job fair and they liked my resume so called me to set up an on-campus interview that week.

Met with one of the managers who was in town for the day and he interviewed me. Was very engaging because he also attended the university. But it seemed that he was very focused on a specific type of candidate.

They were only accepting 3 individuals for one of the two locations and they were interviewing a crazy amount of people.

Interview Questions

• He seemed to expect STAR responses for all questions. Questions were common such as: Tell me a time you failed. Explain a leadership position in which your opinion differed from the rest. Why Vanguard? Tell me about your worst/favorite class in college.   Answer Question

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Valley Forge, PA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

The HR lady was for the Valley Forge headquarters was your typical HR employee. She asked basic STAR questions and they were quite lengthy, which could lead to long winded answers so be careful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got into an argument with a co-worker and how did you respond?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.