Vanguard Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vanguard Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanguard

2.8

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

First i applied and received a phone call for a 30-45min phone interview. The phone interview went well and so did the in person. There were at least 10 others interviewing with me and they do interviews every other friday.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online. Next was a virtual assessment two weeks later. I am now waiting for the next round of interviews. I assume virtually because of what's going on. The phone interview went well. Be sure to study STAR format. Have different scenarios and specific stories ready.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of dealing with an upset client?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Fair, it was a one on one interview with one senior manager. Beginning of the interview they tell us the benefits and opportunities that we will have in vanguard. They us about the benefits as well. Interview was a straightforward behavioral question interview. I enjoyed my conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

First there is a presentation of all the benefits what Vanguard is and just meeting everyone. They say a loud they plan to give everyone an offer, just to calm us all down. The there was a tour of the facility, very nice I'd like to add. Then the actual one on one interview began. All the questions were STAR behavioral questions and the interviewer actually helped me out if I stumbled. Great experience.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

It starts off with an introduction to the company, and then you do a role play with one of the managers as the main part of the interview. Then you interview with two managers and they ask you personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to resolve a conflict and what skills did you use?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Detailed for the positions asked basic questions like do you know what an etf is or what is the difference between a stock and a bond stuff like that and a couple behavioral questions

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process included submission of my resume to the HR manager and the hiring manager. Within 2 weeks I heard back from the HR manager whom I spoke to over the phone in a 30 minute screening interview. Following the phone interview I met the hiring manager in a face-to-face interview

Interview Questions

• Interviews centered around past experiences as well as behavioral and situational questions relating to how to deal with irate clients calling in about the investment plans and unco-operative colleagues in other departments whom one would need to liaise with on various queries   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

First received a phone call from the recruiter. Had about an 30 min to 45 conversation about my career and prior work experience. A few questions were behavioral based like "tell me about a difficult customer and how you had to change your tactic to help them." After that we scheduled an interview in location. I was emailed the info that I should be prepared to know and tips to help during the interview. They helped a little bit but it did not make a huge difference in preparation. The interview started with a group in a conference room going over why Vanguard is a good place to work. After we were given a case study in which we had about 10 mins to complete. After that was done we all went to another location were there was 2 different interviewers that the first went over the case study and the second did more behavioral type questions. It was a pretty relaxed atmosphere. They did their best to make you comfortable and to do well during it.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Vanguard?
      Tell me about how you experienced a negative result and what you did to change it and the results from it?
      Tell me about your experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to see if I was interested in a position at Vanguard. The phone interview was simple enough, asking about what positions I was interested in, some behavioral questions, and whether or not I would want to move to Arizona. After that, I was flown to Arizona for an expenses paid in-person interview. I was given a short tour and then I did my interview. I was given a case study to review and they ask what you would do in that situation and some standard interview questions. Overall the process was easy and they make it not intimidated and I was even given several tips to improve my interviewing skills.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was intimidating at first because it is a two-part interview. The first part consists of explaining your answers to a case study that you will have received several minutes prior. The second part is a traditional interview with behavioral questions (i.e. tell me about a time when you...). There is also a role-playing scenario involved where you pretend you are talking on the phone to the interviewer giving investment advice. Prepare well in advance by thinking of answers to typical questions (use the STAR method) and be on your toes and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.