Vanguard Client Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vanguard Client Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanguard

2.9

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

It was good they make you answer in Star format so learn that and you should be good. Also be prepared and learn about the culture their and you should be good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview with an HR Rep, after which they invited me to a 2-3 hour interview at their location in Charlotte, NC. I met with 3 different interviewers, and all had a sheet of paper with a list of questions they had to ask me and record my responses. Overall, an easy interview process if you feel you can communicate well.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you stay organized   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Absolutely awful, my in person interviewer was not a Hiring Manager, and decided to stray completely away from the interview packet that was given to him to use. As a result of this, my packet that was turned back into HR was completely blank all because he "wanted to have a conversation" for the interview instead of asking me the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes Vanguard's investment philosophy different than the rest?   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. Then had an in person interview in Scottsdale. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and was fairly casual. Overall it went very well and was a great experience.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

applied online, was contact within a week, once invited to HQ in Malvern interview process was very comfortable and easy. they go over the entire benefits package and discuss company culture. then you go and meet with your interviewer. The gentlemen I interviewed with was very professional, personable and easy to talk to. They are genuinely interested in getting to know you and ensuring that you are a fit for the company's goals and mantra.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Online resume drop followed by a phone interview. The phone interview was primarily behavioral, but be be ready to also convincingly answer "why Vanguard" and "why financial services." A few days later I was invited down to an in-person interview in Charlotte. I met many other applicants, and then HR gave us a presentation about the company and the role. Then we each went into a separate room with an interviewer who also asked many behavioral questions and gave us time to ask them our questions concerning the role/company. Both phone and in-person interview strictly followed the STAR method; the interviewer emphasized this, and I was under the impression that they were filling in each step on a sheet. Surprisingly casual experience. Offer came the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a decision of yours had a financial impact.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to earn someone's trust.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed to do what someone asked you and you had to tell them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had full control of a task from start to finish. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

phone screen and in person interview on campus. Phone screen is fairly straight forward. They ask why you want to work for VG and what a stock, etf, mutual fund is. The in person interview involves a case study and behavioral questions

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Just as most people have described, started with a quick phone call and brief interview, then went to in person. Vanguard flew me in for my interview since I was out of state. Case study followed by a few behavioral questions then opened up for questions from me. Interviewed in person on a Friday and got an offer the next Tuesday.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Got email requesting phone interview. Typical interview questions regarding my resume and interest in the position.
    Then got invited to an in person interview, with Vanguard sponsors financially. At this point, I was asked to pick only one city because I had applied to two.
    At the interview, we were given a tour, then we were each given a scenario with a company's rules and regulations and asked to role play how we would help the client.
    I think they were looking to see if you could build rapport, and identify key regulations affecting the situation in order to obtain all necessary documents/information.
    This was followed by a 1/2 an hr typical interview going though resume, experiences, and so on.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you had to learn quickly? How did you manage it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you were in conflict with colleagues and how you resolved it positively.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)).

Interview

I applied online through my school's job portal and was contacted to have a phone interview. That was loaded with the standard questions: why your major? what are your goals? what do you know about Vanguard?. After that I was invited for an interview for any of their 3 campuses. Chose the closest one and was provided with a hotel room for the night before. The in-person interview consisted of a Vanguard presentation (expected to be in the role for 1.5 years top), then a role playing exercise with a distraught client, then a 2 on 1 interview where they asked standard behavioral questions. STAR- describe your Situation, what Task did you need to do, what Action did you take, and what was the Result.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.