Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanguard

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Started with several phone interviews, which were followed by an all-day, in-person session where they invited a bunch of potential hires to come to the campus, learn about the culture and answer questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. Started with initial phone interview in which they asked general questions about why I wanted to work for Vanguard, general investment knowledge, etc. Second part was the in person interview where you were picked individually to a conference room. Each person had a different interviewer and asked more in-depth questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation in which you had to collaborate in a team setting, and what was the result of that? (STAR format).   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was in STAR format, really simple and easy. Basic behavior questions and real deep insight about the position being offered. I think it was fairly easy and not difficult at all. The interviewer was really good

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

My resume was sent to a recruiter by a friend and after I reached out to the recruiter, I scheduled a phone interview which lasted about an hour. We discussed what I knew about the company and then I answer STAR based questions. The next part was an on-site interview where I toured the facility and then had a one-to-one interview that was STAR based. The process took about two hours. I was offered a job three weeks later.

This has been my most difficult interview, however, the most professional and caring company I have interviewed at. They are clear, thorough, upfront and treat their interviewees with the utmost respect and very accommodating. This is a company who truly cares.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I received an email to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview:
    The recruiter began by describing the company and a bit about the position then they talked about themselves a bit and they followed with questions about you. The first question was for me to tell them about myself and then they asked me a few behavioral questions. The phone call was extremely pleasant as they described to me exactly what they needed and how the phone interview was going. At the end of the phone interview they asked to schedule a time to come into the company to have an in-person interview.

In-person Interview:
    As soon as you walk into the lobby everyone is extremely pleasant. There are many people there interviewing at the same time (which they explain to you on the phone call). They give you a name tag and depending on the color under your name would represent whether you were in group A or B. I was group B which meant that I had my interview first and the tour of the company after. They asked 5-6 behavioral questions. The overall conversation between myself and the recruiter seemed very comfortable which made the entire process a lot more easier for me.

Overall, it was a great experience! I recommend you ask questions at the end of each interview about this that you are truly curious about whether it is about the recruiter and how they go to their position or the company and its current achievements. Also practice the S.T.A.R method to help you answer behavioral questions and structure out an answer based on your experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. (I was asked this in the in-person interview)   Answer Question
    • 2. Name a time you were in a difficult situation, how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview, Very professional but also very welcoming. Everyone I came in contact with was personable and very approachable. They made sure to come up to everyone and introduce themselves. Was a large group of us that came in to interview and it still felt personal. Standard STAR format for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convey the same message to multiple different groups?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone interview and then on site. They got rid of the role play/case study and did not ask me any questions about my knowledge of finance. Which is funny because in the email regarding the on site interview they said there would be. All questions were STAR questions so look some up online to practice. Make sure you talk to your recruiter and get comfortable with them, it will seem more like a conversation.

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)).

Interview

Part 1 was a case study that you had 15 minutes to prepare, very simple. Simulated a phone call conversation you could have with a potential client

Part 2 was classic behavioral questions asking why you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think you could have improved in the case study?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a 30-45 minute phone interview. The questions in this round were mainly STAR format and about the interest in this role. After this, I was flown out to Arizona for the in person interview. This included a tour of the facility, presentation on benefits and the company history, and the interview. The interview consisted of a case study- where you have to solve a potential client issue regarding her accounts- and a role play-where you act out the rest of the case study in a one-on-one setting. This was followed by another 1:1 interview with another manager. Once the interviews were done I heard back within a week with an offer.

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

I had the phone interview and it was really easy. She asked a lot about my personal life and then we really got into WHY Vanguard? I was told I'd hear back in 5 days but it took about two weeks until I heard back I have a second interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.