Vanguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vanguard Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanguard

1,197 Interview Reviews

2.9

Interview

Easy. The people were very nice and helpful throughout the whole process. They kept up with the circumstances throughout the COVID pandemic to ensure I was aware of each step of the process.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work with a bad teammate and how did you work through the situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard in July 2020.

Interview

After submitting my application (which included a situational assessment) I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. The initial phone screen lasted about 40 minutes and was very Behavioral based. At the end of the call, she invited me to the final interview. Final interview consisted of a group presentation going over the values and impact of Vanguard, something that is also covered on the initial phone screen. After the group video presentation, you break off to a 1-on-1 video interview with the respective branch's hiring manager. The 1-on-1 interview was similar to the initial phone screen, so be ready to answer in the STAR method. Vanguard is extremely client oriented, so be sure to stress your desire to help the average person achieve financial freedom and ability to build rapport with your clients (if that is true of course!). Additionally - if you are determined and goal oriented, be sure to mention that as the ability to learn new information is a valuable quality for this role.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were unable to assist a client, and explain how you handled the situation and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you needed to learn something new on the fly, and how did you go about doing so?   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

First they got my resume and asked me a couple of questions about my previous experience, then they invited me for an on-site interview. They asked a couple of questions about recommendation systems and with a given data set, how they can find recommend correct retirement package to their customers.

Interview Questions

• Q: They asked about different recommendation system techniques from RBM to RL.   Answer Question

Interview

went on their website and found the position that i was looking for, applied on the website and received a call from vanguard regarding my application that i had submitted

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Fairly easy hackerrank test with a phone screen and group interview later. During the onsite there's also a couple of 1 on 1s where they'll ask some more behavioral and coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you had to work with a under performing teammate.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

It was a phone call where they give you a pitch about what the company is like and it's values then they ask basic questions about you. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was a conflict between team members. How did you react and how was the issues resolved?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard in June 2020.

Interview

It was typical interview process.
    Interview-1. HR half an hour HR screening
    Interview-2. Live video screen share coding interview - 1 hr
    Interview-3. 1 hr Behavioral interview
    Verbal offer and negotiation
    Official offer letter
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Interview Questions

• I could choose my own workspace and own coding language. Then interviewer assigned me four coding problem one by one.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Contacted by Vanguard recruiter via LinkedIn. Phone call with the recruiter who set up an initial phone interview with a Manager. Proceeded to virtual interviews (offices closed due to Covid-19). The virtual interview was conducted over 3 hours with several managers and senior managers. STAR format and case study. See previous posts- pretty accurate going back to 2015. They are primarily looking for someone to make warm calls all day long.

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

It was good they make you answer in Star format so learn that and you should be good. Also be prepared and learn about the culture their and you should be good.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Interview process is very straight forward from your recruiter. Very in depth on the STAR format, as well the vanguard values. They want to know how you as an individual can benefit vanguard and the community.

It was a unique experience regardless of the fact it’s virtual throughout the whole process! Be excited and energetic for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you and a co-worker (classmate) didn’t agree on something and how did you approach the situation   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.