Vanguard Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vanguard Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanguard

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online and got sent a link to a hacker rank test. It's not too many questions and you get about an hour and a half to complete the assessment

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

I met them at a college career fair. They called the same day to schedule an interview on campus. This was mostly behavioral, i.e what would you do in this situation. Then I had onsite interview where they asked mostly behavioral and OOP questions. They gave tour of campus, had lunch etc. Overall a pretty easy interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

After you apply you take a hacker rank test. If you pass they will schedule a phone interview. its all behavioral. then you get moved into onsite, but because of the coronavirus I had an online interview so my experience may differ from here. first we entered a call with everyone interviewing to go over the process, and look over a case study that we will have to explain how to implement later. then you enter a call with your first interviewer. for me this was all behavioral. Next, is the technical interview. I had no actual technical questions.(ex: what is oop.) for me it was explaining in technical detail the projects I had on my resume, the case study, and my internship experience. this was on a Friday and I got the job offer the Monday after.

Interview Questions

• generic behavioral questions. had to explain previous projects technically.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone screening to go over resume and background. Also touched on basic CS fundamentals

In person interview consisted of case study and behavior interview. Be ready to give examples to demonstrate positive personality traits

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 pillars of Object Oriented Design   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had applied online for an internship a year before and was contacted by a recruiter about a full time position. We set up an initial phone screen and then I was told that they wanted to do an on site interview. I gave them my availability but then didn't hear anything for several days. At this point I figured it wasn't happening, but then I was contacted a couple days before I was supposed to fly out with travel plans. They handled booking my flight and hotel. Once there, it was a pretty good experience. I had breakfast with a developer followed by a case study and a couple interviews. They had told me they would get back to me the next day because I had another offer deadline, but I did not hear anything for a couple weeks. In addition to the rather poor communication, I was also never reimbursed for travel expenses despite filling out 2 different forms and following up about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an application to tell someone when they are able to retire?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online, completed a very easy HackerRank, went to the Superday which consisted of two 1 hour interviews that were mostly behavioral. The questions were generic interview questions - Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you had a difficult teammate, etc. Was not really asked much on the technical side. The employees were very friendly and the pay is decent for a new grad, but I ultimately declined this for a better paying role.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanguard in January 2019.

Interview

30-minute initial interview. A lot of behavioral questions and a few questions about my technical skills. The interviewer was super nice. The interview was very laid back and I felt really comfortable. It felt like a normal conversation. The position was not a good fit for me. She was very upfront and honest and I appreciated that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

talked to them at schools career fair then they had me come in for an interview at the school where they just talked about things on my resume, no technical questions. Then I was offered an on site interview that lasted from around 8 to 3 pm. They had presentations, little bit of food, two back to back interviews (1 HR and 1 technical), the HR interview had some technical questions too. Then lunch, then a group discussion with all the other interviewers. They wanted to see you interact with other potential candidates and see how you work with others.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phila, PA (US)).

Interview

First a phone interview with an internal recruiter. Then a morning on site watching presentations & 2 interviews with management. In all 3 interviews, the Vanguard employee said I should be placed in a higher position to use my current skills better.

A day after the interview, a verbal job offer call was made & formal documents on their website. BUT, it was for the original position at a salary 40% lower than I said I could accept. No discussion about being put into a more appropriate role.

The recruiter refused to answer why they chose not to continue the very discussion all 3 interviewers said should occur after the initial interview. The company refused to continue the discussion; merely a take-it-or-leave-it offer.

The stubbornness was quite disappointing for this company. The "our way or the highway" attitude is a stench that probably would continue if hired.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were like a quiz out of a text book. They expected memorization in the age of google. Questions were basic syntax and memory management. Behavioral questions were right off the "top 25 behavioral questions" lists on line.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of questions with current employees: Technical and Personal. The personal interview was the stereotypical "Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc"

Technical was based around the particular individuals that happen to be interviewing you. They would ask about various aspects to their current areas of expertise, regardless of whether these questions would actually apply to the work you would end up doing in the organization. At least it wasn't whiteboard coding.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with Java design patterns before? If so, give an example.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.