Vanguard Brokerage Investment Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vanguard Brokerage Investment Professional Interview Questions

Interviews at Vanguard

2.4

Brokerage Investment Professional Interview

Interview

I went down to the location for a day and did a rotation of interviews with multiple people. It took a couple hours and the questions were not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Brokerage Investment Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)).

Interview

One phone interview that lasted about an hour and a half. Then got flown out to Scottsdale. You get picked up by a driver and taken to a hotel. 2 rounds of in person interviews on the same day and then you pack your bags and go home.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)).

Interview

Met in the lunch room with two managers. Series of STAR questions. On the spot question about how to handle difficult client situation. Phone screen was included. Just smile and act normal, have some finance experience, know what the company does and tie that in.

Interview Questions

• A client just called and is mad about a messed up trade, what do you do?   1 Answer

Brokerage Investment Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. After applying online, I got a response within 2 weeks, for a phone interview and subsequently an in-person interview at their office in Malvern, PA. The in-person interview had two parts - a behavioral and a case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded a customers expectations ?

Why Vanguard ?   Answer Question

Brokerage Investment Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

two interviews and then a test assessment - test assessment does not have anything to do with hiring process. More concerned about customer service than investment knowledge. I had about a 30 minute phone interview before the in person interview. The onsite interview experience last about 3 hours.

Brokerage Investment Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Told us it is primarily group work and completely lied about the role. It is only an inbound call center taking 40 calls a day. Don't listen to anything that is said in the interview as they make so many things up about the job and make it seem like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked star questions regarding our previous work history. Easy case study about recommending portfolio changes and also a phone role play. It was very easy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was thorough. Asked questions in regards to what an mutual fund or ETF was then worked on a case as well individually. They wanted to test your knowledge in finances and see if you've been following what the current market has been the past few days.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Three step process. First was a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The woman was very nice and asked about my experiences and sprinkled in some easy STAR questions. She also asked me some very basic technical questions. Such as, what is a mutual fund? Write down some answers as to what is a mutual fund/stock/bond to help you out. After the questions she asked me to come to campus for a 4 hour interview that consisted of a PowerPoint presentation, sit-down STAR question based interview, a role-play and finally a mathematical quiz. The presentation was general stuff about the company led by middle-management. Ask a question or two after to show you're involved. Try not to force a question though. Then one-on-one with some other middle-management employee. Questions about experiences working on a team, with a deadline and working with a difficult client with STAR answers. Those are just some examples as there were about 12 questions total. The role-play was easy so do not freak out. They ask you to role-play answering a clients call and overcoming small objections. They don't expect you to figure out the problem but want to see how you respond to the client. Be clear, concise and polite. Then it was the mathematical quiz on a computer. This does not affect your ability to get hired. The questions were pretty hard and basically give them some basis on how you'll perform on the Series 7. Don't sweat it. After you finish the quiz they dismiss you and say they will call you with their decision.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult client in your past experiences?   Answer Question

Brokerage Investment Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone call, if you pass then they will pay for you to come do an in person interview. When ever you interview with Vanguard they will ask you about 4-6 STAR based questions (if you don't know what STAR is, look it up before you go). Their interview process is all about how you tell a story and what YOU did to solve the issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a client solve a complex issue   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will not negotiate. Base is usually $40k depending on what position

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.