Online Business Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Online Business Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Online Business Systems

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Portland, OR (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Met with the Director of Consulting Services. The face-to-face was about 1.5 hours long (I enjoy longer interviews - it gives me a chance to get to know the people better, and vice versa) with a few minutes at the end of a stand-up with the regional VP. They were at first looking for someone to fill a 6-month contract, but after the interview they offered me a full-time spot. I took it, and haven't regretted it!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary. They aren't trying to trick you, just get to know you and your skills, strengths, and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was simple and straightforward: their offer was very good so I accepted it

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems in January 2011.

Interview

Met and discussed the roles and the current opportunities. The team was very personable and took the time to get to know both my technical skills and what my expectations were for the organization. After the interview, I was given the opportunity to go out to dinner with the team that I would be working with for us to get a better feel for each other.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with different organizations and groups.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Remote, OR (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Most employees come through referrals. There are no cold calls by random recruiters. This means that candidates are coming in with a baseline approval from people inside the company. The process did not involve fielding gotcha or technical questions. I went through four rounds of interviews, but they were conversational to see whether I'd be a good fit personality-wise.

Interview Questions

Online Business Systems Response

Oct. 14, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Over 50% of our hires come in through referrals. We know that good people like to work with other good people, so typically when we get a referral, we are already partially sold on the candidate... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Portland, OR (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I went through a three-step process.
    1) Interviewed by an HR specialist for general employment eligibility
    2) Practice Director for technical capabilities, professional background, and personality fit
    3) Vice President for cultural fit and professional presence

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Calgary, AB).

Interview

Very relaxed, more interested in finding out if I was the right fit. Process can be long for some roles but again, seem to be more interested in finding the right fit on the right team at the right time. Professional interviewers, professional office, but relaxed at the same time.

Negotiation

Somewhat difficult, lower pay than I was expecting, otherwise it would have been very simple and straightforward.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral, The process took two weeks since the first meeting, they were three interviews and some days after the last appointment they did me the offer, all the meetings happened at the Online Business System Office at Winnipeg, MA

Interview Questions

Online Business Systems Response

Feb. 11, 2019 – Chief People Officer

Welcome to the team! Thanks for providing feedback on the process.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Calgary, AB) in January 2013.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, second interview was in person at the office.Interviewers were friendly answered all my questions, mostly asked questions about HR and interpersonal skills over the phone and in the 1:1.

Interview Questions

• Was asked basic question on networking, software development fundamentals, interpersonal skills, and HR .   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Online Business Systems.

Interview

I was recruited by a former colleague that was already working at Online. I'm not sure anyone can say they enjoy interviews, but I found the interview process to be very relaxed and almost informal - definitely not the same as previous experiences I've had with formal board interviews. Overall I went through three interviews plus a meeting to discuss an employment offer. Each interview was a one-on-one, not just with HR, but also someone from management and a practicing consultant. I found that the interviews were more of a dialogue and conversation between professionals rather than a typical interview where you answer rote questions.

Interview Questions

• I think what I found most expected was how much of the focus was on what I wanted to do, what kind of work motivated me and what I wanted to do with my career. I think that in my mind this immediately set this company apart from others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went into the offer meeting with a clear idea of what I was expecting based on where I was at currently and taking into account any differences in benefits. The offer came in within my target range so there was little negotiation needed; the only negotiation was around not starting at the base vacation as I was already at a point in my previous job where the vacation was more than Online's maximum vacation benefit. My advice is simply be prepared with what you want, but be honest with yourself about what's realistic.

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB) in August 2010.

Interview

3 step interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB).

Interview

I met with HR, other analysts, manager and regional VP. The process began from a cultural fit perspective (HR) and moved to technical interview (peer) and then to the manager and finally the VP.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, situational questions, short and long-term goals, interests, etc.   Answer Question

May 3, 2017 – Director, People Care

Sounds like the process and timing worked as we would like it to. Cultural fit is always at the forefront of all our interviews. Glad you decided to join us!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.