Online Business Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2021

Found 178 of over 188 reviews

4.7
Online Business Systems President and Chief Executive Officer Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Pros
  • "Great Professional Development program and Career Mentor program to drive your career forward(in 38 reviews)

• "They are doing everything possible to ensure Onliners are taken are of(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Online is a consulting firm and as such you may not always work with fellow Onliners or have an assignment that exactly matches your career path(in 9 reviews)

• "Parking can get expensive, but only 3 blocks from major bus routes and many consultants work at the client site(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best onboarding and culture i have encountered

Jul 22, 2021 - Director, Business Development in Sha Tin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I totally understand why Online has been listed in the "best places to work" for many years. Culture and ability to provide services second to none.

Cons

At this point i have no "cons"

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent workplace with a great culture

Jul 19, 2021 - Information Security Analyst in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Couldn't have asked for a better company to launch my career in the field of Cyber-Security. A well-experienced team full of humble and knowledgeable people, I am getting to learn a lot about my field.

Cons

Limited Compensation compared to the actual job market.

3. 5.0

A good place to work

Jun 17, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Online Business Systems provide a array of professional opportunities for consultants. The consultants perform digital transformation engagement across various industries and company sizes, so you are assured of having both breadth and depth of work experience. In addition, the company provides professional development budget, which you can channel towards any certifications, books, seminars, workshops of your choice

Cons

None come to mind as far as I know

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall, a great place to work

Jan 20, 2021 - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Reasonable benefits that have been getting better over the years, and an awesome Professional Development program. I haven't experienced any "political" or cultural toxicity during my time here that seems to plague other companies, the overall culture here is great.

Cons

Most of the client-business relationship team (or business developers, or whatever they are called these days) seems to put 99% of their effort into the client part of the relationship, and seem to put minimal effort in maintaining any kind of relationship with their "resources", i.e. the consultants working their contract. I have only had one that put reasonable effort in keeping regular contact with us consultants and actually organizing get-togethers which greatly helped maintain the team's mood and morale. For some, there may be a considerable barrier to advancing your career competency level. This involves a great effort in contributing to the social culture of the company. For example, it may not be enough that you are highly skilled in your area of expertise and that you have great consulting skills; you must also be able to regularly contribute effort and content directly into the company's internal and external social groups, and maintain your internal networks and relationships with other employees. This is great for many people, but there may be many others where this could be a hinderance to be successful in your career here.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to provide this thoughtful feedback. I’m glad your overall experience at Online is a positive one and that you specifically called out the PD program and the culture. When it comes to the relationship between our Enterprise Sales Team and our consultants, we do sometimes struggle to find that balance of time with clients vs. time with our team members. While their priority is our clients, we also know that our consultants are keep in keeping our clients happy. We will share this feedback with our VP of Sales and discuss how we can better address your concerns. As for contributing to the social culture of the company, we do believe it’s important for our team members to be involved and contribute where they can, when they can. It’s really more about ensuring that Onliners have opportunities to connect with each other outside their geographies and practices and increasing their visibility within the company and each other. While we encourage it, we do not require it. I’d love to talk to you further about this, so please feel free to reach out to me any time. Thanks again for your feedback!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent culture, core values and org full of world class consultants

Jun 7, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Winnitoba, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, core values, world class consultants

Cons

Market reach, breadth of clientele

6. 5.0

Perfect Place for Growth and Collaboration

May 17, 2021 - Internal Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

Online lives up to their core values. They strongly invest in their employees and are always looking for new ways to learn and grow. Great professional development program, career mentor program, and environment in general! Keep up the great work :)

Cons

None that I can think of.

Chief People Officer

Our goal has always been to provide an environment where Onliners can grow and develop and feel supported. We are glad we are hitting the mark and that you feel our core values are evident through actions. Thanks for providing feedback!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Company!

May 11, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company really cares about the "Onliners" that work here. Awesome company culture. Everyone supports one another and shares their wisdom. Great I&D and Charity Initiative. Wonderful recognition programs and Professional Development, dollars and time! Excellent Leadership, fair and transparent.

Cons

I have been here for 5 years and can't think of one con!

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the feedback. You are right in saying that, not only do we care about our team members, but they also care about each another. We see it in action every day, when Onliners are offering support and encouragement to their team members. No one is really alone at a client site because they have over 300 Onliners to back them up. We do our best to create an environment where people can thrive and be recognized for their efforts.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome culture

Apr 26, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Victoria, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work for, culture is the best I’ve ever experienced in my 30+ year career.

Cons

None really, my role is virtual which could be a con to some but I love it.

Chief People Officer

To hear that Online’s culture is the best you have experienced in your 30+ years is high praise. We’ll take it. Having said that, we know our culture is attributable to the great people who work here. We will do our best to continue hiring great people who really live our core values. Thanks for taking the time to submit feedback!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for!

Apr 19, 2021 - Applications Developer in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool company, progressive, perfect work/life balance.

Cons

Medium size company, would be great if it grows bigger some more

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best IT Company in Winnipeg

Mar 12, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just started here. Will add more in a few months. So far, exceeds my expectations. You get a really positive vibe from everyone, very helpful and intelligent co-workers. Right of the bat you get a Career Mentor to guide and grow you. I mean I want nothing more. You just don't work here, but you also grow here.

Cons

There are no cons here.

Chief People Officer

We love hearing from our new Onliners! I’m so glad your expectations are being exceeded. You’re right – we have amazing co-workers. And our Career Mentor program is typically one of our most appreciated benefits. Your Career Mentor will be instrumental in your growth at Online. This program works best when both parties are vested and many times our Career Mentors tell us they learn just as much from their team members. Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 178 Reviews