Online Business Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Online Business Systems Reviews

Updated Dec 20, 2019

4.8
Online Business Systems President and Chief Executive Officer Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Pros
  • "Excellent professional development opportunities; annual budget(in 35 reviews)

• "Leadership is supportive and involves input from all Onliners(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Being away from the main office is hard when you're isolated at a client site with no other Onliners or only a few(in 9 reviews)

• "Parking can get expensive, but only 3 blocks from major bus routes and many consultants work at the client site(in 8 reviews)

1. "Amazing professional development opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Online Business Systems is a place that I am encouraged to get involved in work which I feel passionate about and am supported in the process. Excellent professional development opportunities; annual budget.

Cons

Consultant salary ranges are unknown and appear arbitrary

Online Business Systems2019-12-20
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Online Business Systems is doing everything it can to keep its consultant happy, they know there are a lot of options out they know we are a very mobile workforce. They make sure to keep salary in line with the industry, they also have a very interesting Professional Development program where we can have up to 2 weeks of courses paid by the company and they actually encourage us to take that time. The career mentor program is also a great way to drive leadership within the organization.

Cons

Although they started a program of company-funded RSP, the rate is still pretty low.

Online Business Systems2019-12-19
  3. "Excellent company to work!"

Former Employee - Guidewire Developer in Winnipeg, MB

I worked at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything is great about Online Business System. Very good Atmosphere Professional Development (PD) budget is great. Competitive Compensation

Cons

I worked there for more than 3 years. I can't think of any.

Online Business Systems2019-12-04
  4. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work culture and employee centric company .

Cons

employee benefits are not so great

Online Business Systems2019-12-04
  5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work with great, intelligent people and there is a fantastic work culture here and everyone I've worked with is happy to collaborate and contribute in meaningful ways.

Cons

No company is perfect but there are no cons that come to mind.

Online Business Systems2019-11-19
  6. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work variety, culture, PD benefits

Cons

No cons come to mind

Online Business Systems2019-11-08
  7. "The complete package"

Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Environment fosters the strength of individual employees and leverages this in collaborative environment for the realization of client goals 150% commitment to the professional and personal development of employees, core competencies and subject matter expertise The Management tier has found the perfect balance between empowering staff while still providing guidance and mentor-ship Provision of the resources required for all work streams The culture is representative of the company's online presence .... we're a supportive family

Cons

None that I have discovered to date.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent job!

Online Business Systems2019-09-13
  8. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very respectful and professional workplace. The management is always looking for ways to get work done better. They invest in their consultants.

Cons

Sometimes on longer contracts you might feel disconnected from the company.

Online Business Systems2019-07-06
  9. "22 years and counting!"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales & Client Relationships in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Online's culture is remarkable, and the people on the team are amazing. I believe that because the culture is so positive and strong, and Onliners appreciate their employer, we are all in a perfect spot to focus on our clients and helping them achieve great things.

Cons

No big cons to speak of. Maybe we should have more summer bbq's for the team??

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the vision and strategy so that Onliners can all pull together.

Online Business Systems2019-06-27
  10. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people. Online is made up of very smart driven people. It makes coming to work motivating and rewarding. Leadership. Leadership is supportive and involves input from all Onliners. Culture. The culture at Online is very team oriented and always has Onliners are always doing the right thing for clients, for Online and for fellow Onliners. Always interesting. Online has various clients in various industries and provides numerous services therefore it is always interesting work.

Cons

None that I can think of right now.

Online Business Systems2019-06-18