Online Business Systems Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2020

4.8
Online Business Systems President and Chief Executive Officer Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Pros
  • "Great Professional Development program and Career Mentor program to drive your career forward(in 37 reviews)

• "They are doing everything possible to ensure Onliners are taken are of(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Online is a consulting firm and as such you may not always work with fellow Onliners or have an assignment that exactly matches your career path(in 9 reviews)

• "Parking can get expensive, but only 3 blocks from major bus routes and many consultants work at the client site(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Supportive during crisis"

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

While the world is going through this current COVID-19 crisis situation, Online's leadership team is supportive, transparent, and caring. They are doing everything possible to ensure Onliners are taken are of. I'm hearing exactly the opposite from friends about their companies. While I've always been proud to be an Onliner, I'm even prouder now.

Cons

Once the world is back to normal, would be nice to see the RRSP match program increased a bit.

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

During times of uncertainty, such as we find ourselves in now, we recognize the importance of frequent communications, ensuring we take time to listen and continue to support one another. Even though there are things we cannot control right now, we can control how we act and respond. That is what we hope we are doing now. We are all in this together and will come out stronger when things return to a new normal. Thank you for the feedback.

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Online and by extension Onliners truly take our key values to heart: We look out for each other We are energized by what we do We do what's right We are always evolving We finish what we start By living these core values every day it creates an amazing culture within the company that is unmatched by any company I have worked for or with in my career.

Cons

Online is a consulting firm and as such you may not always work with fellow Onliners or have an assignment that exactly matches your career path. The Online Sales and Management teams work hard to try to secure project work and to match opportunities to Onliners skillsets and career paths, but this is not always possible and is something that people need to understand when choosing to work for any consultancy. That being said, the amount of potential career growth easily outweighs this factor for individuals who are motivated and driven to succeed in their careers.

August 3, 2020Chief People Officer

We have always said that our team members and our culture are what separate us from our competition. While many say this, we know that if you work for us or with us, it is most likely that you will say the same thing. We have been in business for over 30 years and we are still gratified when our team members and our clients recognize that our people and our culture are our greatest strengths. Yes you are right in saying that as much as we try and align opportunities to career paths, it isn’t always possible. Onliners can be stretched in areas that are outside their comfort zone. Having said that, we are responsible for supporting them and promoting continual growth. Working for a consultancy company is ideally suited to those who want to push themselves, learn and develop, and seek new challenges.

3. "Very professional"

4.0
    Current Employee - Online Job in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time

Pros

Healthy work environment highly competitive salaries

Cons

I don’t see any cons that stand out

August 3, 2020Chief People Officer

I’m not sure if you’ve left this review for the right company as you refer to your role as “Online Job.” Typically we see team members identify as “Current or Previous Employee. If you are in fact an employee (AKA Onliner), then we are glad you joined the team. We know that a healthy work environment is key to having a great culture. We monitor how well we are doing through Pulse Checks, Checkpoints, and other touchpoints with Onliners on a regular basis.

4. "Exemplary Management and Culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management genuinely cares about the people and I'm glad I joined OBS. If you are looking for challenges and don't want yourself stuck in one domain, a limited set of technologies this is the place to work!

Cons

Can't think of any cons. This is indeed the best place to work!

July 21, 2020Chief People Officer

We are happy to have you on the team. We hope to continually provide you with professional challenges that support your ongoing growth and development.

5. "One of the best places I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Leadership team mentorship program and Professional development!

Cons

None that I can think of

July 21, 2020Chief People Officer

We never get tired of hearing things like “one of the best places I’ve ever worked.” We strive to be a great employer and your feedback helps ensure we are on the right track.

6. "Very good work environment and friendly people."

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Caring, supportive and great opportunity to advance your career

Cons

Could be very challenging to keep up to client demand.

July 21, 2020Chief People Officer

Thanks for the feedback. The pros you describe closely align to our core values so we are glad you see them alive at Online. We do work on a wide variety of projects with many different clients, and it is true that at times you can be stretched. We do our best to ensure you have the tools and the people to support you if and when required, to meet the challenges head on. I invite you to reach out at any time if you feel there’s something more we can do to provide that support.

7. COVID-19

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Online Business Systems feels like a family. Onliners truly are team players, highly professional a pleasure to work with. Onliners always there to help each other out and celebrate each other’s success. The leadership team are genuinely concerned about the wellbeing and satisfaction of the employees (especially during COVID-19 pandemic). Great Professional Development program and Career Mentor program to drive your career forward.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the physical location of most clients being Downtown.

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. While we can all agree that Onliners are what really set us apart from the rest, it is also gratifying to hear that Onliners know we care about their well-being. As you know there is no playbook to refer to, and so we believe that if we adhere to our core values, we will come out stronger when we return to the new normal.

8. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment with great work life balance. Tons of opportunities for growth both personal and professional.

Cons

Can't say i've encountered anything negative to date

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

It’s always good to hear from some of our newer team members and know that your experience at Online has been positive. I hope we continue to live up to your expectations and that you feel the same way 10 years from now!

9. COVID-19

"Great place to work. Great place to thrive."

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

People care is great. The information shared is as much as an employee can ask especially during times of Covid 19. All the programs you need to do your job as supplied or bought for you. Team touch-points are great. The people they hire are all very nice.

Cons

The only cons are associated with the type of work but I understood that getting into this line of work (consulting).

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

We agree that our people are great. We hire amazing team members who genuinely care and support one another. Our People Care team has also enjoyed doing the touchpoints, as we get to know Onliners even better and create stronger connections. I am uncertain what you mean by “the type of work,” so please consider emailing me so I can better understand how we might help.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is amazing.

Cons

None I can think of.

January 29, 2020Chief People Officer

We are glad that you highlight our culture because we also think it’s one of our differentiators. Thanks for the review.

Found 145 reviews