Online Business Systems Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Online Business Systems Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Online Business Systems

3.1

Consultant Interview

Interview

Upon being recruited for this position, I was delighted to be invited to have multiple calls with the leadership team of this organization. Everyone is incredibly passionate about Online Business Systems and they really do care about the culture of the company and finding the right fit.

Interview Questions

• My interview process felt more like an introduction to what working at Online would look like, while each person I spoke with wanted to know about how I could add value to their team, it was centered around my specific interests and areas of passion, and how that could tie into their mature and experienced practice of motivated, independent consultants. After going through this series of calls, I felt very connected to the organization, I understood the culture, and I knew I would fit in, be challenged, be supported and more importantly knew that I would find growth within this rapidly growing industry. Very professional, very supportive, wonderful kind people that really care about their Clients and understand the value of a good reputation. The People Care team were responsive to all of my questions, provided me with the company credo, and followed up to ensure everything was in line for my first day, my first week, my first month.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Online Business Systems

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB) in August 2019.

Interview

Received request for an interview within three days of my application to Online. Following my first interview, I received my second interview within two days of the first interview. I was invited back for my third interview the day after my second.

Interview Questions

• Based on your experience, what would you describe as the most delicate part of the stakeholder engagement towards problem solving?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB) in May 2019.

Interview

There are four interviews in the company's interview process.

1 - First interview was with HR. They had reached out to me after an employee had referred me. This interview consists of basic interview questions to understand your experience, background, and personality. The interviewer went over their interview process and next steps. They were able to answer many of the questions I had about life at the company.

2- The second interview was the technical interview. I was matched with an employee who had similar interests/background and we discussed things relating to the position itself. This interview is to judge your competency for a given position. This is the interview that you must be most prepared for, especially if your position is technical. Be prepared to discuss your previous experience in detail and how the company could capitalize on your knowledge and skills.

3- The third interview was with the director I would most likely be reporting to. We discussed a bit of my background and skills, but by this point, your level of competency has already been determined and if you make it this far, the company feels you are technically competent enough to fulfill the position. This interview is to ensure you are a proper fit for the company and the company's culture. It was far more of a personality test than an interview. There are no wrong answers - it is about your personality. The company is very focused on finding employees who are the "right fit", so you either are or are not.

4- The fourth interview is the offer interview. This is with HR and the Director/VP for your role. They explain the offer in detail and let you ask any questions you need. You are given a time frame to respond to the offer.

Interview Questions

• In a consulting role, we (the company) are essentially "selling" you as a ___________ (in my case, an analyst) to prospective clients. Some people become uneasy at this thought. What are your thoughts?   1 Answer

Online Business Systems Response

Jun. 24, 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed response. We are currently working on revamping our Interview process and questions to ensure they properly capture who we are and at the same time better help us determine overall fit. We continually try to create a great candidate experience so that you also have all the information you need to make a well informed decision and are excited at the prospect of joining our team. If you have any suggestions after going through the interview process on what we can do to improve, please contact a member of our recruiting team.

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB).

Interview

The first meeting was for the HR interview. Then I came back for the technical interview with one of their senior consultants. Then last one was for the business development people to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Standard background questions. For the technical part, some general .NET and SQL questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB) in April 2016.

Interview

There are multiple interviews as part of this process. The first interview is with Human Resources and then if you are selected to move forward, you will interview with a technical resource in your area of expertise. Additional interviews may include additional technical and executive level interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach <insert a business problem>?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB) in March 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process was quite long and drawn out with long periods of silence. I had twelve interviews with different people throughout the organization. Everyone was very kind and a pleasure to meet. Overall, I didn't get the feeling they were all that interested in hiring me and bringing me on-board.

Interview Questions

• Can you find yourself your first client engagement? (Paraphrase - not an exact quote)   1 Answer

Online Business Systems Response

May 3, 2017 – Director, People Care

Wow! That could be the most interviews ever. I am glad you decided to join us and hope the experience continues to only get better. Please feel free to drop me a note or give me a call so I can understand what the series of events were that led to such a delay and a less than positive experience. Hoping we can learn from this. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Online Business Systems (Winnipeg, MB) in June 2011.

Interview

There are several interview steps at Online.

1. The Character Interview - This interview is with an HR person, most likely the individual that recruited you. You should expect to answer typical interview questions focused on discovering a bit more about you personally. The goal of this interview is to determine if you are a good fit for the culture at Online and does little to determine your technical ability.

2. The Technical Interview - This interview is focused on determining your technical knowledge. You will likely be interview by multiple individuals, typically Senior Consultants with experience related to your area of expertise (i.e. Java, .NET, Oracle, etc.). Some interview musts: Understand the SOLID principals, have a good understanding of best practices in Unit Testing. Understand concepts related to ORM tools, IoC containers, and be able to talk about modern features of your programming language of choice.

3. The "Are you an Onliner?" Interview - This interview will be with either a director or VP and is usually the last hurdle before receiving an offer. The intent is to make a final determination of your overall consulting skills (both technical and soft skills). How do you handle yourself? What are your overall communication skills like? What would you be like if placed in front of a client? It's also a final sign-off of whether you're a good fit for the Online culture. If you make it this far and don't get an offer, then you probably said or did something stupid during this interview. That said, it's not over if you don't receive an offer. Be professional and follow up with your interviewer. Find out what you may have done wrong and offer solutions.

Interview Questions

• I had to draw on a whiteboard how I would re-architect a poorly designed, single-layer, legacy application to become a more modern N-tier application, exposing a web service API to support a multilingual ASP.NET MVC front end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked during the third interview what my desired compensation was. I shot for the stars. They accepted with no counter offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.