Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Software development engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. Tell me about your experience when you make decision without the approval of your mentor. 2. Park lot design.

4 Answers

Sir i have no experience because i am fresher.

An experience would be making a customer fully satisfied and retaining them in the process. All companies have rules and policies and I as a manager would not break those rules and policies, however bend them in a way where both parties would be satisfied.

im looking to level up in my career, and my current company has limited opportunities for career growth

a primitive class having two string attributes and one attribute list of the class itself and then we have to get the each level's string variables's printed....

3 Answers

Finding a path in a maze which is represented by a grid of characters.

3 Answers

Find two smallest elements in an unsorted array using only one pass i.e. O(n)

3 Answers

In a collection of strings, output the string that occurs most often.

4 Answers

Delete node in BST

3 Answers

The questions in the first round were fairly straightforward if you use data structures like trees and linked lists for your work regularly. If you're working in areas where you don't use those data structures regularly, you may find the problems challenging. The question I was asked was "Given a sorted linked list, create a binary tree with the array with minimum height." Note that the question specified only binary tree and not binary search tree.

2 Answers

Reverse a string in a matrix in place. you are given the direction and length of the string.

2 Answers

Hardest question was how to sort a linked list using recursion only. I knew the iterative solution but couldn't come up with recursion. Very difficult.

2 Answers

Given a set of number ranges, i.e. [1,5], [3,6], [7,9], write a program to merge overlapping number ranges. In the above example, the result should be [1,6], [7,9].

110 of 253 Interview Questions