Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Software development engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Reverse a singly linked-list with and without using an auxiliary data structure.

2 Answers

public void Reverse() { Link cur = head; Link prev = null; Link temp = null; while (cur != null) { temp = cur.next; cur.next = prev; prev = cur; cur = temp; } tail = head; head = prev; }

Public void reverse() { Node prevNode = null; Node focusNode = head; Node nextNode = head.next; while (nextNode != null) { focusNode.next = prevNode; prevNode = focusNode; focusNode = nextNode; nextNode = nextNode.next; } focusNode.next = prevNode; head = focusNode;

Finding a path in a maze which is represented by a grid of characters.

3 Answers

you have 9 marbles, all of them identical except one of them is slightly heavier than the rest. in order to determine which is the heaviest, you have a balancing scale, however you are only allowed to use it twice. how do you determine the heaviest marble?

2 Answers

In a collection of strings, output the string that occurs most often.

4 Answers

The questions in the first round were fairly straightforward if you use data structures like trees and linked lists for your work regularly. If you're working in areas where you don't use those data structures regularly, you may find the problems challenging. The question I was asked was "Given a sorted linked list, create a binary tree with the array with minimum height." Note that the question specified only binary tree and not binary search tree.

1 Answer

Reverse a string in a matrix in place. you are given the direction and length of the string.

NDA, sorry.

1 Answer

Given a set of number ranges, i.e. [1,5], [3,6], [7,9], write a program to merge overlapping number ranges. In the above example, the result should be [1,6], [7,9].

2 Answers

If you have 300 hours of work remaining on a release and only one month (i.e. approx 160 work hours) until the release date what would you do?

1 Answer

I was asked what I would do to make an immediate positive impact upon the hiring processes at the company. The challenge for me was that I had never worked as a recruiter in Canada before, nor did I have any idea what the current recruiting practices for the company were.

110 of 227 Interview Questions