IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

The interview environment was low pressure to begin with. They start with a personality test to get you loosened up then send in a senior team member for a technical test. The technical interview was when it got a little intimidating. It was not mentioned prior so I was genuinely caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• write code to identify how many connected components there are in a bitmap.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied as fresher to IBM. There were 3 rounds, Aptitude round, English language test and Face to face discussion. Aptitude and English test was not that hard and Face to face discussion went for 45 mins, I which all the basic questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to relocate from your place?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

there are three rounds and it take 2 days complete
    on the first day written test is conducted.
    technical round is for candidates who selected in written test .the technical round takes around 20 minutes of time.
    after that hr round was conduct for the candidates who selected in technical round

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy.The interviewer was very friendly.was aksed very basic oops questions.he gave me a puzzel to solve which was also very easy.Just be confident and the interview will be very easy to crack.
    They just check your basics ,your communication skills and your confidence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for freshers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

Fresher interview, consisted of one aptitude test and 2 interview rounds and then the HR round. Process was smooth but took long time. Overall experience was good. Its a good place to work.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Mumbai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a campus placement drive. At first shortlisting was done on the basis of CV. Then it was followed by a psychometric, quantitative and English proficiency test. After this we were called for personal interview.
    the process was 1 day long. There were 4-5 interview rooms with candidates being allotted to be interviewed by the panelists in a particular room.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about extra-curricular activities.
      I was asked about level of proficiency in technical language.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhimavaram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bhimavaram (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially we had gone through two rounds, one is on mathematical ability and the other is on business English.And then in face-to-face interview, if we are good at technical and communication skills ,it is fair enough to get a job in IBM.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment process.one written test consisting of general aptitude questions and technical questions in mcq format one technical round consisting of basic questions from the B.E course and one more managerial round.

Interview Questions

• related to operating systems and data structures algorithms, little bit if c/c++   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

First round was the Aptitude Test- It was an adaptive test. Covered general aptitude question and lots of questions on Series based questions. (Eg. find the missing number, complete the following series)
    The second round was an English Assessment Test. Proper use of punctuation, format of the formal letter, correct use of articles, prepositions, conjunctions, were tested.
    The third round was the HR round. Questions asked were general HR questions- "Tell me something about yourself, past projects you have worked upon, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses, why IBM? "

Interview Questions

• For aptitude test, questions on series is really important.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Cairo (Egypt)) in March 2010.

Interview

IQ Exam
    English Test
    Technical Exam mostly for Java/C++
    Interview with 3 technical persons
    Manager Interview
    HR Interview

Interview Questions

• Odd questions, like how much a flying plan could weight   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer sent by Mail and I accepted it

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.