IBM Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

IBM Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA (US)) in February-2017.

Interview

Interview process was held on campus. Applied for 10 different positions got reject for all of them. An unfriendly reject emails from IBM. I will definitely try again and apply for IBM. I am not stopping anyone from applying to IBM. Just sharing my experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions were asked. Interview process was held on campus. Applied for 10 different positions got reject for all of them. An unfriendly reject emails from IBM.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in June-2016.

Interview

paperwork in the morning first, when you pass the paper test you will be divided into groups and have the group discussion in the afternoon. The results will be told days after.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM in February-2017.

Interview

I applied on IBM's career website for what I thought was a spring internship and didn't hear anything back and pretty much forgot about it. In January I was sent an email asking me to complete an IQ assessment. The assessment contained a lot of logic questions that were timed and was overall pretty difficult. It does not give you an indication of how you did but I thought I did well. Then maybe a month later I was sent another email to schedule a phone screen interview. The interview was with one of the managers in the department that I was applying for so I knew that it would be more technical in nature. To prepare for the interview I studied up on IBM and all of the relevant information I had learned in my coursework on network protocols, firewalls, etc to help me answer the questions. My interview lasted about an hour and about 45 minutes of that was me explaining my knowledge of different terms and concepts. At the end of the interview I was told the next thing that would happen is I would receive one of three things: 1) an email for follow-up interview, 2) a rejection letter 3) an offer letter. About three weeks later I received a background check consent letter to fill out which pretty much told me I had it. Background was completed in about 4 days and I received an offer letter shortly after.

From start to finish I only had one interview and that was over the phone. The most important thing is to be able to convey your understanding of the technical part of your role as well as the willingness to learn. I was able to say I didn't know somethings but followed it up with "I'm ready to learn" attitude.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in January-2013.

Interview

very organized, no rush, specific question, not generic, interesting, positive questions. study possible questions suggested online and answer to yourselves before. This is asking for 30 words but i dont know what else to write

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)) in April-2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and prompted for GPA and work experience by email the next day.
    I replied and was asked to interview on-campus the day after that.
    I was interviewed by a team of people. (3 in the room and others on the phone listening in)
    Interview was mostly behavioral/past experiences with no technical implementation questions.
    I was kindly told 2.5 weeks later that the position was filled. Pretty good and straightforward experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself in Java and Python?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your favorite project from one of your CS courses.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied online. I was emailed a few weeks later and asked to fill out the online assessment. I feel like I did terrible on it. Lots of logic and patterns. I would be surprised if I got a positive response.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in January-2016.

Interview

I took an assessment test it was all multiple questions with mathematical problems. You have to know basic maths. when you did well on your exam, you will get a call from the recruiter have phone call interview.

Interview Questions

• the exam questions were all mathematics or situational questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview for the first round. I found the interviewer was both very helpful and really nice. The first round of interview is a screening interview so nothing too complicated. It lasted around thirty minutes, give or take.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Just had a couple of phone interviews that were behavior focused. Extremely laid back phone interviews. It was very conversational and low stress. Hiring managers were friendly and just want to make sure that you have the right personality to be interacting with clients and suppliers.

Interview Questions

• What are you learning in your classes right now   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in December-2016.

Interview

Went in and manager asked if I was interested in working on a project. Showed me the project and gave me the details. I said that I was interested and the company then began the hiring process for me to join as an Intern.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to do this project?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.