Yext Reviews

Found 513 of over 572 reviews

3.9
Yext Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mike Walrath
Mike Walrath
Pros
  • "If you're ever considering making a move, let Yext be your first application(in 60 reviews)

• "Great people and an amazing set of offices(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Yext is a pretty quickly changing environment(in 44 reviews)

• "Downsides are there isn't a ton of upward mobility(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

241.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Yext~312260
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yext and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Grateful for this company!

Nov 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Yext and I discovered each other at the perfect time! They offered exactly what I needed and I feel I'm providing for them, exactly what they needed. The position is perfect for me. The people I work for are amazing. And the company is so cool, fast moving, innovative and inspiring! I LOVE my job!

Cons

I'm a remote employee, so I don't get much face to face interaction with my colleagues, aside from Zoom/Slack calls. However, I LOVE working remote and need to work remotely, so this isn't a total "con." I honestly just don't have any other cons to offer. I'm really really happy at Yext!

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work culture Great coworkers Interesting work

Cons

Low stock price Currently high attrition

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Traumatized By Yext

Jun 21, 2022 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

More than 1000+ employees Health insurance Unlimited PTO Work remotely

Cons

Leadership is terrible (my manager would frequently say to the team, "I don't want to sound like a micromanager, but...") Unstable products GTM strategy is unthoughtful and a waste of resources - they spam everyone in their Salesforce database with terrible messaging. No autonomy - it takes 2-3 levels of approvals before a contract is generated Sales leadership and strategy is a moving target. Always changing direction.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jul 5, 2022 - Enterprise Client Success Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people & management Lots of autonomy Unlimited PTO Yext has been wonderful! They spend a lot of time on their employee training, and I felt well equipped moving into my own book of business. Lots of focus on mental health and work/life balance.

Cons

Some disorganization between teams and organizations

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunities and good culture

Jul 4, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A lot of opportunities in Technology org - No layoffs during Covid time, and still actively hiring - Management has changed, excited about how the new CEO and COO executes - Many good engineering practices - Smart folks

Cons

- High attrition - Many engineers have left - Sometimes, senior leadership just tries to justify the mistakes and never tries to rectify them. - Compensation and benefits can be better, the stock price is really low

6. 4.0

Good place

Jun 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is a very mental health forward environment

Cons

Large offices both US and abroad - not enough face time with other people outside your department

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to start but no growth

Jun 28, 2022 - Senior Client Support Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to start with if you’re looking for exposure to the “Tech startup” industry. I learned a lot as a support specialist and still use what I learned to this day. I met some incredibly smart, talented, and kind people on my team and I am grateful for my time there.

Cons

1. The CEO was a spoiled man child who constantly spit out tone deaf jokes during our all hands meetings. He was very offensive and couldn’t care less about the general client support team despite us supporting and nurturing some of their biggest clients. I am not surprised he was forced to leave. 2. I had about 5 different managers. Whenever one would quit it was extremely deflating and was always a red flag to me. They were clearly overworked and underpaid. 3. It was clear as day that promotions/ title changes would happen if you were friends with the right people. One of the biggest slaps in the face was someone who was given an entirely new role because their friend hand picked them for it. They did not open up the role for anyone else to apply. This isn’t high school. People work hard and should be rewarded/ promoted accordingly. 4. Poor handling of peer issues. I once told my manager that someone was a bully and made the team feel uncomfortable and was told to “deal with it because that’s how they are”. 5. Absolutely no growth at all. If you were a support agent you were made to feel disposable or like you aren’t worthy of moving to another team. 6. Lastly, pay was terrible. For the amount of work we do, the pay was a joke.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Love the company

Jun 15, 2022 - Upward Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and highly value this program

Cons

You may not get exactly the position you want

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fun company to work at

Jun 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture, work/life balance, pay, benefits and office space at NYC HQ

Cons

Stock comp is not great and some people are not super motivated

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Growing pains

Jun 22, 2022 - Business Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team For the most part, Yext does a tremendous job at hiring the right people Free lunch when you come into the office Gympass membership with access to quality facilities (e.g. NYSC, Blink/Crunch, Equinox etc.) Office is beautiful and in great location Yext events (both internal and external) are top notch

Cons

Low base compensation with no room to negotiate BDRs aren't offered EOY bonuses or raises regardless of performance Lack of internal/upward mobility Many AEs have little to no respect for BDRs, and management often failed at appropriately handling toxic AE/BDR pairings Turnover has been an issue for several months

4 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 513 Reviews
    </>Embed

Yext Reviews FAQs

Yext has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 572 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Yext to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Yext employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Yext. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

72% of Yext employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yext 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Yext Job Seekers