Yext Software Engineer Reviews

Yext CEO and Founder Howard Lerman
Howard Lerman
  1. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

They value you as a person.

Cons

Lack of communication between levels of management.

"Yext Engineering Rocks!"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

My voice is heard. There is collaboration between departments. We have a friendly and respectful culture. Professional development is valued. Colleagues are smart and hard-working.

Cons

We don't have an on campus swag store a la Google and Facebook and when swag is given out, it is not usually in a style I would wear.

Continue reading

3. "Great Place for Internship"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in New York, NY

I worked at Yext for less than a year

Pros

- As an intern, you're given real work and treated exactly like a new hire would be, which makes it an amazing opportunity to learn and grow as a developer. - Everyone I worked with was incredibly nice and really good at what they do, which also made it a great learning environment. - Lots of social events, both specifically for interns and also within the software teams/department as a whole so you get to know lots of different people even if they're not on your team. - Female software interns automatically receive the company's Grace Hopper scholarship which provides them with an all expenses paid trip to the Grace Hopper Conference for Women in CS in the fall.

Cons

- Team rooms were getting a little cramped when I was there, with both interns and new hires starting, but they're moving to a new office this year so that should be less of a problem. - A lot of social events revolve around bars/alcohol, so they probably wouldn't be as fun if you're an intern under 21.

4. "Intern"

Current Intern - Software Engineer

I have been working at Yext

Pros

Good techniques in Yext, Go, Java

Cons

Lack of diversity, very few international staff

5. "Awesome Internship"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern

I worked at Yext

Pros

Free food, great culture, great intern events, cool work

Cons

I have no cons for Yext

6. "Great!"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in New York, NY

I worked at Yext for less than a year

Pros

Learn lots of industry standard Java, SQL, and practices of a medium sized tech company. Tasks are very well defined.

Cons

Day starts late @11 for most people.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

-startup feel -catered lunches and optionally catered dinners -competitive compensation for the DC area

Cons

-very tight deadlines -people work long hours

8. "Great software engineering internship experience!"

Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext for more than 3 years

Pros

- Work on real tasks as full time engineers do. - Learn a lot about Java, SWE agile work process. - Experience working on fast-paced large SWE projects. - Fast response for code reviews and emails from other teams. - Surrounded by smart new-entry engineers and resourceful senior engineers. - Seamless (free food) is the best. I can choose what I eat, which is definitely better than dinning hall kind of free food. - Competitive perks and salary. - Office location is great. - Opportunity to meet board members and CEO walking around the office is exciting. - Broadway show is one of intern activity. - There are fun rooms and a nap room in the office. Though I haven't gone to any of those. - Small-mid size company. I can almost know everyone in the office.

Cons

- This could be both pro and con: engineers/PM are 25-30% of the company, at least in NYC office. So it is not a place where everywhere is engineers, but there are opportunities to meet awesome people from other fields. Disclaimer: I have not fact checked this. It is just what I observed. - There is one big product to work on. Sometimes it could feel like lack of product diversity. However, I find working on algorithms to better the existing product and add features to it very interesting. - Bananas in the kitchenettes run out pretty fast.

9. "Yext"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Yext full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch and dinner so amazing

Cons

Company is small so you do not have much space for promotion

"Technology Company for Managing Location Data and more"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of new large projects every few weeks. Good freedom of how to complete every day work Strong focus on learning new and better things to write better code Good uses of design reviews to identify strong coding practices,

Cons

Fast movement can lead to working on incomplete specs This can lead to projects coming together in completed, or partially missing features Difficulties with communicating urgency in requirements

Found 16 reviews