Mission: Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle ...
Highest Rated CEOs: 2017 (#8)
I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)
- Great environment
- Good pay
- Relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere
- Challenging environment
- Great opportunity to achieve your professional goals, you will be listened on what you expect of it.
- Amazing chance to learn and take courses
- Great for relocation and traveling within the company
- Sometimes the environment is slow
- Bureaucracy is usually there for chain-of-command situations, but that is to be expected in a company this huge
- SDEs get to write a lot of documents and not that much of coding as you would expect (this is not a con for me particularly but I think it may be useful for some other dev).
- Most of the tools are internal and wont be helpful if you have to move from job.
- Oncall rotation for every SDE
Advice to Management
- Keep doing, but try to not lose sight
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in November-2017.
A few days after my application, I received an invitation for an online assessment - this is a math test with no time limit. Level is pretty high and they are many info to confuse you so make sure you understand well what the question is about.
Then, I had a phone interview with a HR located in Eastern Europe for a first screening. The call lasts 20 mins approx. and basics questions are asked at this stage:
- Why Amazon?
- Why this role?
- What did you do in your previous company?
- What did you learn?
- Why did the contract come to an end?
- Are you fluent in X?
- When are you available?
- What is your Excel level?
+ 2 competency based questions.
I then had a 2nd call with a local HR which lasted 30 mins and she asked me:
- What do you like about the role?
+ 3 competency based questions.
Make sure to prepare a few questions to ask at the end of each interview.
Following the online assessment + 2 HR interviews, if successful, you will be invited for some on-site interviews from 9.30am to 2pm which will be composed of a case study and 3 interviews of 45 mins each. Each of the interviewers will test you on 2 of the Amazon Leadership Principles.
Amazon Launchpad has collaborated with the world’s largest hardware accelerator, HAX and and global crowdfunding community Kickstarter to launch Startup C-Cube, a multi-level challenge for startups in India. The global initiative aims to provide an opportunity for talented startups to get access to big consumer markets and take advantage of the growing digital economy and e-commerce. Learn more: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQLj0
Inventors + Startups: Amazon and Edison Nation are teaming up to host the Amazon Inventions Tour in Atlanta, Sept 25 & 26. Present your ready-to-sell product to Amazon or pitch your invention idea to @EdisonNation for the chance to have it sold on http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vITZ2. Learn more: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vITZg Space is limited - sign up today!