Tipico Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 89 reviews

3.8
Tipico CEO Joachim Baca
Joachim Baca
Pros
  • "Paid internship with accommodation in Malta(in 10 reviews)

• "Wasser, Kaffee und Obst umsonst(in 4 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Tipico full-time

Pros

Forward Thinking and ambitious with a good culture

Cons

Office environment could be better

Tipico2019-10-06
  2. "Would not recommend"

I worked at Tipico full-time

Pros

Good benefits given for employees

Cons

They give good benefits for the employees but the quality of work life is poor. No recognition given for the work done. Managers are immature. People with zero people management skills are in the managerial level. Basically they are allowed to do whatever they want and are not questioned or corrected on their actions.

Advice to Management

Don’t trust your managers blindly.

Tipico2019-10-07
  3. "Best place to work as professional."

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Munich, Bavaria

I worked at Tipico full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing office - Great Work Culture - Supportive environment - Accessibility to C- Level people

Cons

HR department needs to improve. They need to focus on other offices. Disconnection with malta office

Tipico2019-08-30

September 4, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. As always we are pleased to receive good feedback from our employees, past or present however equally we want to take actions where we can on any negative feedback. Should you wish to discuss the issues you have mentioned in your review, feel free to contact me on corrina.galea@tipico.com.

4. "The best company for developmental opportunities"

Current Employee - Specialist in Malta, NY

I have been working at Tipico full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company focuses on the professional development of each individual member. Regular feedback is encouraged and this creates a safe environment that allows employees to learn from themselves and others and focus on improvement. Progress is one of the main values at Tipico and it is clearly embedded into the culture. There are so many programs and opportunities such as Xchange Programs, Internal training, training... budgets, mentoring, collaborative working, on the job learning, shadowing, online learning.... the list goes on and on. There is also a culture group specifically focused on designing, creating and implementing new initiatives that are focused on learning that is highly supported by Jochen, Tipico's CEO.

Cons

Some programs and initiatives take quite some time to commence because of all the restrictions and long processes, but once they do they're worth the wait.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and open with training opportunities.

Tipico2019-08-29

September 4, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback. This really helps us to continue doing what we do well, and take note on where improvements can be made.

5. "Employee"

I have been working at Tipico full-time

Pros

Offices are in Central Location

Cons

We can always communication I believe

Tipico2019-02-24

March 25, 2019Group Talent Acquisition Manager

Dear colleague, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Indeed, communication is an area where we continue to focus on. As for the offices, things are going to get even more awesome in a few months ;-)

6. "great company used to be better, things are changing"

I worked at Tipico full-time for more than a year

Pros

great bonuses The xmas bonus is unique

Cons

micro management difficult to communicate with managers

Tipico2019-02-13

March 25, 2019Group Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to send in this review. I appreciate the transparent feedback; if you'd like to connect offline to talk further about your recommendations and ideas, I'd welcome a conversation. Feel free to reach out - antonio.arias-lopez@tipico.com

"Horrible environment, detrimental to career"

Former Employee - KYC Analyst in San Ġiljan

I worked at Tipico full-time for more than a year

Pros

- If you can keep your head down, you can get away with browsing social media and the web for about 2 hours a day, this is not really a pro. - Paycheck is on time, but too low, Renting a studio apartment sets you back55-60% of your salary, good luck with that

Cons

- Everything, really, high staff turnover, Team leaders last 3 months on average - No procedures, whatever procedures are written down is minimalist, god forbid you run into an edge case and have to ask - Training does not deserve to be called training - Abusive team leader, verbally, be prepared to face roll-eyes expression when asking reasonable questions - Culture of fear and absolute micro management - The... verification procedure and the UI are disfunctional, compared to modern apps, this is unbelievable outdated. Same issues are never fixed - Almost permanent mandated overtime aka management failure - Desperately understaffed, try to take holidays while another co worker has holidays and see how that goes - Upper management detached from the reality and severeness of technical debt, the workflow is very inefficient, the blame always goes to the innocent staffers. - Mobbing by management in collaboration with HR, there are 2 honorable exceptions. - Culture of backstabbing and throwing "friends" under the bus, the higher the job title, the more pronounced this issue shows - Over-promising on training, totally under-delivering, you will not learn much here, you will do repetitive "monkey tasks" and do patchwork for the non functional software - Minimalist behavior on assigned tasks by many, the motivated people will be fixing the mistakes of others and then turn minimalist themselves - You suggest improvements, you will be greeted with hostility or inactivity, sometimes your ideas could be presented as someone elses. - The minimalist attitude could have the root in an unrewarding salary(rumour has it, the new people get less salary!) or unrealistic KPIs - I would never recommend this place to a friend - No handshake , no eye contact on the day of leaving, after 2 years in the company.

Advice to Management

The management has exceptionally poor feedback handling, to the point that most of the staff avoids to even suggest improvements. If the management would know how the staff talks in private, they would fall out of their chairs. The point is, the management does not want any true feedback outside their comfort zone, they believe they know what they are doing. I strongly object. Advice to HR, please stop posting... fake 4 and 5 stars reviews, try to get to the root of the candid and horrendous reviews.

Tipico2019-03-17

March 27, 2019Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Whilst we appreciate that there have been some challenges over the last couple of years, there are however already a number of improvements which have happened or are in progress and we are confident that these improvements will help Tipico be an Employer of Choice. We do not tolerate any form of abusive or mobbing behaviour and we do have the appropriate channels in place to deal with any such issues. Finally, we do not post our own reviews and do take all feedback on-board. Kind regards Wayne Searle Group Human Resources Director

"Great Company Values and Culture"

I worked at Tipico full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company values and the company culture you see advertised is actually true. C level and head of departments are the ones who push and lead by example of these values. Being part of Tipico means you need to work hard, but in return not only do you get benefits, you get personal growth and a chance to improve yourself everyday. Communication is good and management is always trying to ensure that the level of... good communication is sustained.

Cons

Different departments need to work better together. However, this is common in most companies .

Tipico2018-12-29

January 16, 2019HR Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your experience with us. We really appreciate your constructive feedback. Thanks!

"Full of politics and people without knowledge"

I worked at Tipico full-time

Pros

benefits, environment location and salary

Cons

full of politics and people without knowledge in crucial positions

Tipico2018-12-27

March 25, 2019Group Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that it didn’t work out the way you expected. As we did undergo some big changes and expansion over the past years, we are doing our best in investing in our culture and values as well as in leadership development. Thanks again and best of luck to you in the next opportunity!

"Stay away"

Payments and Fraud Analyst in Malta, MT

I worked at Tipico for less than a year

Pros

-Good benefits -Free ice-creams and fruits -Big bonus

Cons

-Constantly understaffed -Bad management -No proper training, no clear procedures -Lack of communication -Bad work-life balance (aweful shifts) -high turn over, so the knowledge doesn't stay

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, stop micromanaging, hire more people, work on your people skills

Tipico2019-01-03