Mattersight Reviews

Updated Dec 2, 2020

Found 75 of over 77 reviews

3.3
Mattersight CEO of NICE Barak Eilam (no image)
Barak Eilam
Pros
  • "They have an above average work-life balance, you won't get burnt out and you get plenty of PTO(in 15 reviews)

• "A lot of smart people and a lot of opportunities to have real responsibility early in your career(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is not in touch with the rest of the company and does not communicate well about developments and setbacks(in 5 reviews)

• "no Team Building activities outside of work in the Austin office(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great, but room for improvement

Dec 2, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Motivated and high-caliber coworkers, work flexibility, ability to impact customers

Cons

Lack of transparency and sometimes long hours

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Consulting company who doesn't understand what SAAS stands for.

Apr 1, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some employees are genuinely willing to come to work every day and make a difference. Some awesome people, and the culture was really good for a long time! Three different offices with cool technology.

Cons

Crazy turnover, massive layoffs with no new talent brought in. Management has no clue how to promote teamwork, drive projects or keep people on track. Everything is about pleasing the guy above you. Absolute worst workplace conduct and politics I've ever had the misfortune to be a part of. Hard work is expected, stolen and given to the person who management wants to give credit to. Projects are started and managed by people with absolutely no formal education or credentials, limped along half of the way through, and dumped on the people willing to try and make them better. Employee personal information is used to create jokes, and further promote the disfunction. Lots of behind closed doors joking and mockery. Management handles this by constantly swapping roles around, and hanging on to the 'good ol boys club' because of seniority. 10/10 would quit again.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Meh

Oct 15, 2020 - Devops Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers to share the days with.

Cons

Acquired by NICE and it was rough.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great people but not profitable

Mar 30, 2020 - VP-Technology in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and very cool facilities

Cons

In business for a long time, but never profitable

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Kinda ruined my resume

May 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

snacks, and a decent product, Smart people doing the best they can, If you work really hard you can see your position and influence change the company, people actively switched roles while I was there.

Cons

When your first PRO is the snacks i might feel like I wasted part of my life here. I feel very validated seeing other reviews here criticizing management. My experience was one of poor mentorship regarding the data structures that contributed to my poor performance. I felt like an alien with no where to hide and it was paralyzing. Seeing the reviews tank after my departure helps me validate my concerns. Biggest issue I had was a work culture that made it hard to make mistakes. Senior staff had childish outbursts that made it very hard to work. Combined with the faux open floorplan and there is no privacy when people should be having private moments. I feel like i almost made a coworker cry because i gave him questionable feedback on a report.

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great promise, the reality a letdown

Apr 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The concept of behavioral routing was very sexy and opened all sorts of doors at prospective companies. Great office location in Chicago. Lots of super smart people.

Cons

The reality is that a very specific set of attributes is required for the solution to actually produce positive results, and most companies did not fit that profile. So we had lots of initial interest but very few conversions.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Waiting for the Miracle

Sep 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, smart people Beautiful office (Chicago) Social culture Lots of cool data

Cons

Lots of silos, many due to 3 geographically separated, functionally disparate offices Lip service to being/trying to be a software product company while continuing to entertain high touch engagements that distract teams from organizing around products Very few deals, low market power with customers

Mattersight Response

Chief People Officer

Mattersight has always been able to attract smart people wanting to solve interesting problems so it's great to see our people on the top of your Pro list. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions on the company and the current changes. As you noted, Mattersight has been acquired by NICE and we all look forward to the future as we embark on this new journey. Employee communications will continue to update on decisions, goals and our progress. If you have questions or comments that the communications aren't covering, please reach out to David or me. And get ready for that fun ride... - Melissa

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Inclusive & Fun Environment!

Apr 1, 2019 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kind and knowledgeable co-workers, employee engagement events, free beer and snacks, fun games!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good work... Here's a free soda!

Sep 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed office settings. Some departments flexibility to work remote a portion of the time.

Cons

They will do everything they can to make you feel like you are important while not really doing anything to compensate you for your achievements. Going above and beyond is rarely rewarded. If you are more interested in benefits via consumables such as occasional catered lunches and free snacks and soda instead of progressive raises and promotions based on your performance then its great. Select individuals in senior leadership are counterproductive to accomplishing anything.

5 people found this review helpful

Mattersight Response

Chief People Officer

I'm disappointed that we disappointed you during your employment at Mattersight. Our employee engagement programs such as catered lunch, snacks, soda and beer are only part of the equation. It sounds like our recognition programs failed to reward your above and beyond work and I apologize for that. I hope your time at Mattersight positioned you well for your new role and you receive the recognition you are looking for. Thank you for your contributions and I wish you the best of luck. - Melissa

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cool place to work after work is over

Feb 19, 2019 - Service Delivery Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intelligent peers, a lot of team building but navigating channels within company is difficult.

Cons

Lack of transparency with regards to company goals and product development

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews