Influitive Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Mark Organ

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • No egos - unlimited vacation and catered lunches 3 days a week (in 14 reviews)

• It has a very relaxed work environment but we get stuff done (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The nature of a start-up is stressful and fast-paced, so it takes getting used to and work loads can get pretty big (in 13 reviews)

• Can be some difficulties in maintaining work-life balance (this isn't a struggle I had, but I've noticed it in others) (in 5 reviews)

"A company that cares about employee development"

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• managers provide structured development plans for employee career growth and development
    • one on ones are done on bi-weekly schedule to align and give both a chance to discuss any concerns
    • the work culture is friendly and enthusiastic
    • we have a collection of board games that employees can pull out and play together
    • a pantry is stocked with snacks like fruit, vegetables, yoghurt, granola bars, cheese, crackers, etc. so that employees can grab a quick snack without leaving the building
    • IT staff is super approachable and helpful
    • office is located in a great downtown location

Cons

• so far, I've seen no downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job in supporting employee growth and development because investing in employees gives returns back to the company.

3 Feb, 2018 – CEO

Wow, thanks for this awesome review! I especially appreciate that shout-out for our IT team. It's taken us a while to get this right, and it's so critical to providing a great employee experience... More

2. "Great Energy, Love the Vision and the People I work with - Amazing CSM team"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clear view of the future
    Strong market potential
    Company alignment
    CS roles are constantly evolving - new experiences every day
    Great people
    Caring leadership
    CS leadership is amazing, best department in the company
    Love the people on the CSM team

Cons

Same ups and downs like any SaaS company.
    More investment needs to be made in a larger on-boarding program that is unified across the company

Advice to Management

Continue to sharing vision
    In any tough periods make sure leaders continue to remain positive and energize their teams

3. "Fast paced start-up culture, not for the faint of heart"

I have been working at Influitive full-time

Pros

Fast paced learning. Invaluable experience gained working complex sales cycles even at an entry level sales role. Sales leadership is strong.

Cons

Cross departmental alignment can be lacking at times. Accountability is a newer topic.

Advice to Management

Work on developing a culture of excellence and desire to surpass goals.

4. "Good Managers"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Attentive managers
    Free lunch
    Great culture

Cons

Need more of a balance between youth and experience

3 Feb, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for your review. I would like to hear more from you on the balance that you seek between youth and experience. That is something I think about a lot! In general I do like to bet on young... More

5. "Great Environment"

I have been working at Influitive full-time

Pros

Great office, people, and processes. On-site gym, snacks, Friday/Monday catered lunches, and unlimited paid vacation day policy.

Cons

No cons to speak about

Advice to Management

Maybe make the sync-up spotlights optional but encouraged because not everyone likes public speaking

3 Feb, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the review. That advice is challenging for me so I would like to learn more about it. I know that public speaking is not for everyone. However I feel that it is a critical skill today for... More

6. "Great place to grow as a young professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Influitive invests in your career development and believes from hiring from within (in most departments). They are open to employees exploring different opportunities within the company so that they are able to find the job where they are the most impactful.

Great people - humble and friendly. A lot of recognition of people doing great things.

Good work-life balance. Get your work done and show determination and your managers / leaders won't be hovering over you about when you're getting in the office and time off.

Cons

Most people feel a little unsettled or unconfident about the future success of the company because of the layoffs and restructuring that has happened over the past couple years.

Advice to Management

Continue to try and be realistic and honest with employees about the future success of the company.

Work hard to keep the good employees and make them happy.

3 Feb, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your fair, even-handed review. I appreciate your recognition of our culture of employee learning, growth and development. That's what we are all about here at Influitive.

I hear you... More

"Love the people!"

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't speak for the entire company but I have an amazing manager who's invested in my growth, with monthly 1:1s specific to this and setting up key milestones to ensure that I'm hitting my goals and challenging myself to grow.

To complement this, there's an education budget for everyone, along with personalized learning and development plans (and manager training for new people managers).

Some other perks like catered lunches, stocked fridge, ping pong, VR, monthly socials, unlimited vacation, etc. but it's the first point that really keeps me here - people who trust and empower you to learn and grow beyond your normal means.

Cons

You can say 'organized chaos' isn't for everyone but it's definitely an environment that I enjoy and thrive in. Not for those who want to coast since there's still much to be done to bring our vision to life (I'm biased since driven people tend to drive me too).

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people!

8. "Come Work Here!"

Current Employee - Talent in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Talent in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- amazing work perks
    - small office with great culture
    - lots of responsibility and opportunity to work on cool projects

Cons

- face pace and still a new company - working out the kinks

"A company full of creative, smart, and passionate people"

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel lucky to work here and am constantly learning and growing in this role, which is what I was looking for when pursuing a new role. Here's a few of the things I appreciate:

Transparency

Our management team is dedicated to transparency, and I feel that they are more open with us than most other companies. Through various channels and methods including Slack, an internal newsletter, daily sync ups, and quarterly town halls, I feel that there is a significant effort made to support, informing, and driving company engagement and transparency to ensure we're all moving in the right direction together.

Accountability

Through the different channels we use for communication, we hold ourselves accountable through targets which connects back to the transparency portion. The management teams and departments provide updates to help drive cross-departmental communication and updates which is something I really appreciate

Goal Oriented

As individuals, teams, and as a company, we are all working towards goals that are clearly communicated and shared. I know what I'm working towards, my boss is effective in sharing existing, updated ones, and new goals, and our management team is consistently sharing updates, tips, and resources on how we can all work towards them,

Cons

This company is not for the laid-back types. Our HR team does a good job in finding driven and motivated individuals for the role, but even still there is a lot of work to be done. Management is very supportive in helping teams find a good balance that works for them to help offset some of the workloads.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "Great place to be!"

I have been working at Influitive full-time

Pros

- wonderful group of people, very friendly, welcoming and helpful
    - growing start up really working hard
    - everything is clear in terms of goals
    - always open to your opinions and ideas
    - great atmosphere
    - encourage development and growth

Cons

None I can think of so far