Influitive Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Mark Organ

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • So many perks like catered lunches, drinks, events, ping pong etc (in 18 reviews)

• It has a very relaxed work environment but we get stuff done (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It is still an early stage company and with that comes a fast paced environment, the need to wear multiple hats and some un predictability (in 11 reviews)

• Can be some difficulties in maintaining work-life balance (this isn't a struggle I had, but I've noticed it in others) (in 5 reviews)

1. "A company that cares about employee development"

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• managers provide structured development plans for employee career growth and development
    • one on ones are done on bi-weekly schedule to align and give both a chance to discuss any concerns
    • the work culture is friendly and enthusiastic
    • we have a collection of board games that employees can pull out and play together
    • a pantry is stocked with snacks like fruit, vegetables, yoghurt, granola bars, cheese, crackers, etc. so that employees can grab a quick snack without leaving the building
    • IT staff is super approachable and helpful
    • office is located in a great downtown location

Cons

• so far, I've seen no downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job in supporting employee growth and development because investing in employees gives returns back to the company.

2. "Great Environment"

I have been working at Influitive full-time

Pros

Great office, people, and processes. On-site gym, snacks, Friday/Monday catered lunches, and unlimited paid vacation day policy.

Cons

No cons to speak about

Advice to Management

Maybe make the sync-up spotlights optional but encouraged because not everyone likes public speaking

3. "Great place to grow as a young professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Influitive invests in your career development and believes from hiring from within (in most departments). They are open to employees exploring different opportunities within the company so that they are able to find the job where they are the most impactful.

Great people - humble and friendly. A lot of recognition of people doing great things.

Good work-life balance. Get your work done and show determination and your managers / leaders won't be hovering over you about when you're getting in the office and time off.

Cons

Most people feel a little unsettled or unconfident about the future success of the company because of the layoffs and restructuring that has happened over the past couple years.

Advice to Management

Continue to try and be realistic and honest with employees about the future success of the company.

Work hard to keep the good employees and make them happy.

"Love the people!"

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't speak for the entire company but I have an amazing manager who's invested in my growth, with monthly 1:1s specific to this and setting up key milestones to ensure that I'm hitting my goals and challenging myself to grow.

To complement this, there's an education budget for everyone, along with personalized learning and development plans (and manager training for new people managers).

Some other perks like catered lunches, stocked fridge, ping pong, VR, monthly socials, unlimited vacation, etc. but it's the first point that really keeps me here - people who trust and empower you to learn and grow beyond your normal means.

Cons

You can say 'organized chaos' isn't for everyone but it's definitely an environment that I enjoy and thrive in. Not for those who want to coast since there's still much to be done to bring our vision to life (I'm biased since driven people tend to drive me too).

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people!

6. "Come Work Here!"

Current Employee - Talent in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Talent in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- amazing work perks
    - small office with great culture
    - lots of responsibility and opportunity to work on cool projects

Cons

- face pace and still a new company - working out the kinks

"A company full of creative, smart, and passionate people"

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel lucky to work here and am constantly learning and growing in this role, which is what I was looking for when pursuing a new role. Here's a few of the things I appreciate:

Transparency

Our management team is dedicated to transparency, and I feel that they are more open with us than most other companies. Through various channels and methods including Slack, an internal newsletter, daily sync ups, and quarterly town halls, I feel that there is a significant effort made to support, informing, and driving company engagement and transparency to ensure we're all moving in the right direction together.

Accountability

Through the different channels we use for communication, we hold ourselves accountable through targets which connects back to the transparency portion. The management teams and departments provide updates to help drive cross-departmental communication and updates which is something I really appreciate

Goal Oriented

As individuals, teams, and as a company, we are all working towards goals that are clearly communicated and shared. I know what I'm working towards, my boss is effective in sharing existing, updated ones, and new goals, and our management team is consistently sharing updates, tips, and resources on how we can all work towards them,

Cons

This company is not for the laid-back types. Our HR team does a good job in finding driven and motivated individuals for the role, but even still there is a lot of work to be done. Management is very supportive in helping teams find a good balance that works for them to help offset some of the workloads.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Great place to be!"

I have been working at Influitive full-time

Pros

- wonderful group of people, very friendly, welcoming and helpful
    - growing start up really working hard
    - everything is clear in terms of goals
    - always open to your opinions and ideas
    - great atmosphere
    - encourage development and growth

Cons

None I can think of so far

"Culture is king"

I have been working at Influitive full-time

Pros

- Phenomenal people
    - Culture is a clear priority
    - Great Benefits (benefits day 1, bonus, options, catered lunches 2x week, education stipend etc.)
    - Learning & Development paths for career advancement
    - Employee-centric review process
    - Office location in the heart of downtown (easy access to food, shopping etc.)
    - High-level of transparency
    - Thorough on-boarding process and opportunities to get to know employees across departments

Cons

It's an ever-evolving startup, so there can be learning curves, which can be a challenge, but also a motivator for proactive individuals.

Advice to Management

- It's clear that culture and people are a priority at Influitive and I believe that will continue to be a key to success as the company grows, keep up the good work!

"One of the best companies to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Designer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Designer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for an amazing culture filled with open-minded and incredibly talented people, look no further.

There's something special at Influitive, that I've never seen at another company.

Having worked there for 2 years, I can say that there was never a dull moment. Every day was amazing! Even on my off days, I would come in and someone or something would make my day.

If I had to say narrow it down to one thing, it's the people. Influitive has the BEST PEOPLE EVER. Hands down. I've made life-long friends there, and some incredible connections.

Cons

Every company has it cons. Yes, Influitive went through some rough times in 2016/early 2017, but show my a company that hasn't!

No cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people, it's what makes this company one of the best to work for!

"So Awesome!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive (Less than a year)

Pros

Influitive is such a supporting work environment! No matter what you are doing, one of the top priorities is personal growth and development. Within the short time that I have been at Influitive, I have already learned so much, with the support of my Manager and team. No matter what team you work on at Influitive, there is always ways for you to learn about other areas of the business, and ways to get involved.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything! Influitive is such a fantastic company to work for, and it really shows how much they care for their employees.