Find jobs for Marketing

4.9
Influitive CEO Dan McCall
Dan McCall
1 Rating
  1. "Great growth opportunities ahead!"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great open-concept office with catered lunches, snacks, and couches allowing you to work in a different atmosphere within the office. Everyone is very kind & welcoming - smart thinkers with lots of ideas on how to continuously improve the product, services, and company culture. Realism is at the forefront of all conversations around our products, services and who we are as an organization and where we'd like to be in the future. Truly customer-centric.

Cons

Start-up culture is not for everyone - you need to be willing to do more with less, collaborate often and be honest about what's possible. Not a major con, but something to keep in mind if you prefer a more predictable work day/week.

2. "Perfect learning environment for an internship"

Current Intern - Content & Product Marketing in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

From day one, Influitive goes to the farthest lengths to ensure that as an intern you are trained properly to do your job as creatively as possible. Catered lunches on Mon, Fri, free snacks, and stand up desks are the gifts of the start up world that Influitive offers at their space. Leaders are kind and encourage open dialogue from interns as well to pitch in ideas. Highly recommend this workplace to any intern or full time grad!

Cons

None at this moment, but still have not tested workflow

"Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Influitive fosters an incredible environment to learn and grow in your professional career. The management team truly trusts each employee to move the needle for the organization. You're given the power and autonomy to do your job, with management supporting and coaching along the way. Another huge pro of Influitive is working with some really smart people. Day in and day out, you'll learn something new from your peers!

Cons

Influitive is still scrappy. As a tech startup navigating our way to profitability, you shouldn't be surprised that resources are sometimes tight. Management will always work to ensure you have what you need to do the job, but they expect creativity to find a better way within the resource limitations.

"The ultimate University of Waterloo co-op destination!"

Current Intern - Demand Gen and Customer Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

You will learn what a truly good culture looks and feels like. Some internships treat you like an "intern" (i.e., the stereotype of the intern going to grab coffee holds true), however, at Influitive you will be treated like a full-time employee. You will be given a ton of responsibility, your actions will translate into genuine contributions which impact the company, and you will be provided the opportunity to make a difference. Everyone is incredibly nice and welcoming and their is an evident focus on personal/professional development. Upper level management actually makes an effort to communicate what the mission/vision for the company is and actively ensures everyone's goals align with this - this is something I found was non-existent at my previous companies. People love what they do, and work hard. This energy, I find, is contagious. Oh... and not to mentioned FREE healthy lunches on Mondays and Fridays.

Cons

For some, the pace may be a bit overwhelming if it's your first co-op. I would recommend getting 1-3 internships under your belt before taking on an Influitive role. (This isn't really a con).

5. "Good Managers"

4.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule Attentive managers Free lunch Great culture

Cons

Need more of a balance between youth and experience

February 3, 2018CEO

Thanks for your review. I would like to hear more from you on the balance that you seek between youth and experience. That is something I think about a lot! In general I do like to bet on young people that may not have all the experience that they need, but they make up for it with passion and drive. It's a formula that has worked well for me, especially as we have a culture that puts growth and development ahead of just about everything else. That said, we support our young leaders with lots of coaching and training so that they level up quickly.

6. "A great place to work"

Current Intern - Content Marketing

I have been working at Influitive for more than a year

Pros

I've been here for multiple work terms, and have had so many opportunities to grow and learn! It's possible to get a lot of experience working on different projects. The best part, however, is the people who work here- everyone is so interesting and welcoming.

Cons

-Can be some difficulties in maintaining work-life balance (this isn't a struggle I had, but I've noticed it in others) -Strategies change very quickly (again, not necessarily a con, but something to be aware of) -Can be a lack of transparency around what's going on in other departments (need better communication)

"Best co-op experience"

Marketing Intern

I have been working at Influitive

Pros

This has been one of the best co-op experience ever. Everyone at Influitive is friendly and welcomes you with open arms. Catered lunches 3x a week as well as unlimited snacks are just one of the many perks Influitive offers. If you love being challenged and the fast pace environment, I would highly recommend you to apply!

Cons

With the fast pace environment, be prepared to work overtime and around the clock.

January 24, 2017CEO

Thanks for your recognition of our company. I look forward to learning how we can improve your experience.

"Best experience of my career"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive full-time

Pros

Influitive is a truly exceptional company that I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking to challenge themselves, learn a ton, have fun and push their career to the next level. In an age where startups are the fashionable place to be, Influitive separates itself from other startups that I have worked for previously with its big and compelling vision, open and transparent culture, mature and experienced leadership and most importantly - an incredible team. Influitive has all the perks that you're probably looking for - beautiful office, unlimited vacation, great benefits, generous education budget, catered food, but what it truly provides is an extremely faced paced environment for you to learn and grow. I felt significantly more engaged and empowered at Influitive than I have at previous jobs and I believe that is a testament to the company culture and the way that the company is run. For marketers specifically, the opportunity to marketer to marketers, create a new marketing category, and be part of a marketing-first culture (which is extremely rare in B2B companies) is another huge benefit of working at Influitive.

Cons

The company and team has big expectations. As a result, you need to be prepared for a high level of work and commitment. This is not a place to coast and many new employees are surprised by just how fast how Influitive runs. Influitive faces some challenges in slowdown of growth, which is not unusual for the stage of company, but it has had an effect on employee morale. Just like many other early-stage companies, Influitive's biggest challenge is with product-market fit amongst its customer base and it needs to continue to innovate on the product to better meet the needs of its customers.

January 24, 2017CEO

Thank you for your recognition of our company. It means a lot to me. Totally agreed with your advice on transparency. There is so much more I want to do in that area. We are going to get to our goal when everyone understands what is going on and they are empowered to do what they need to do. Also right about innovation in the product. The product, eng and design teams are fired up like I haven't seen them before, and you're going to see some remarkable innovation from us this year. Thank you for diligent work in service of our mission. We all wish you much success as you further your career.

"Couldn't ask for more"

Current Employee - Events Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and work environment. Incredibly smart peers. Everyone is onboard because of their on merits, no BS. Incredibly transparent organization, too. In our town halls, for instance, the CEO and other C-Level executives openly answers all sort of questions. Lots of opportunity to grow and to make a real impact on the business. Business that, by the way, you're also an owner. Lastly, the company is truly worried about your career and professional growth and will give you full support to achieve that. Passionate clients, cool offices, cool perks and all that was said on other reviews.

Cons

Fast-paced environment, to say the least. You'll play hard, but will work hard, too. Some processes are still not in place or being developed as we grow, so there's some trial and learning.

Continue reading
  10. "My 4-month co-op term at Influitive was, without a doubt, the most satisfying and educational work experience I've had."

Former Intern - Marketing Co-op Student in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

Excellent office culture involving free lunches and snacks, very relaxed environment where people support each other. People at Influitive are proud of the work they do there.

Cons

High-performance atmosphere can be stressful to some.

Found 13 reviews