IT Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

IT Manager Interview Questions

IT manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are your best traits that make you an excellent candidate for this position?

1 Answer

My strong logic and analytical skills combined with a passion for communication and working with people.

Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?

1 Answer

Saw on the sign in sheet with people being brought in (like cattle) in 10 minute intervals. They were lazy or incompetent, not having looked at any resumes, but brought people through their 12 question, 5 minute interview. Outfit was formerly known as Swift Trade, which doesn't seem to have positive reviews. People and website were secretive and now I know why. 12 Questions consisted of general questions like what were you most proud of in your accomplishments, do you have experience with Windows/Linux/Unix, do you know what a Short Trade is, what type of databases do you have experience with, etc.

Past experience with IT Projects in Utilities

1 Answer

Technical questions. Assume that for this role you need at least a CCNA, some VMware Certs and a strong hands on experience.

1 Answer

VLAN why do we use them in networking

1 Answer

How big were the networks that you supported?

1 Answer

Don't let them fool you with the prep documents they sent you

1 Answer

Usual question of how do you handle difficult people

110 of 94 Interview Questions