Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Capital One Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2019
3,951 Interview Reviews

Experience

Experience
65%
20%
15%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
43%
31%
12%
10
2
1
1

Difficulty

3.1
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy

Candidate Interview Reviews

Filter

Filter

Sort: PopularDateDifficulty
Sort:
  1.  

    Marketing Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Montreal, QC).

    Interview

    entrevue en personne qlq questions on mas rappeler apres qlq jours pour commencer la formatiion tres facile comme entrevue ca a dure 2 jurs apres jjai commence les appels.

    Interview Questions


  2. Helpful (1)  

    Call Center Representative Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Declined Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Montreal, QC) in October-2016.

    Interview

    Un recruteur m'a approché sur Linkedin, vu mes expériences passé.
    J'ai eu un échange de messages Linkedin et courriel, puis ensuite un entrevue Téléphonique avec le recruteur de Capital One pour le Centre d'appel de Montreal.
    On m'a envoyé une copie des avantages sociaux et un test informatique.
    Le test informatique n'était pas très facile, comptait des parties avec une limite de temps, des simulation d'appel, un test de service à la clientèle et un test d'aptitudes/personnalité.
    La simulation d'appel était fait selon un programme informatique qui devait ressembler a se que la compagnie utilise, mais qui sert également à d'autre compagnie, donc la simulation avait un exemple pour une compagnie bancaire, une compagnie de cellulaire et une compagnie de voyage. Les simulations étaient audio et on devait entré les informations reçu, avec possibilité de réécouté l'extrait, mais on mentionnait pénalisé si on faisait trop souvent répété l'extrait.
    On m'a ensuite écrit par courriel que l'on était tellement content de mes résultats que l'on voulait m'engager immédiatement sans entrevue en personne.
    Tout à été très rapide, trop rapide.
    On m'offrait un salaire d'entré de 16.60$/h, avec une horaire variable entre 6h et minuit, et ce entre le dimanche au samedi (selon un horaire de 5 jours par semaine, minimum 37.5h/semaine).

    Interview Questions

    • Est-ce que vous être disponnible a travaillé dans des horaires variables entre 6h et minuit, et ce entre le dimanche au samedi (selon un horaire de 5 jours par semaine, minimum 37.5h/semaine) ?   1 Answer
  3. Helpful (3)  

    Commercial Real Estate Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)).

    Interview

    invited to capital one dinner where we spoke to employees, old and new. free to ask questions and talk about yourself

    Interview Questions

    • nothing to difficult just the usual - when did you lead the team. how to deal with bad team members etc   1 Answer

  4. Helpful (15)  

    Commercial Sales Executive Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Declined Offer
    Negative Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Boston, MA (US)).

    Interview

    This was the most bizarre and drawn out process I have experienced. Several phone interviews. Little to no communication on when next interview was coming. Finally went into a “power day”, which is a panel interview set-up. Direct Manager seemed nice. Her boss (Director) was arrogant, and asked me the same question repeatedly. It was clear they were trying to get down to a specific answer, but my philosophy was different from theirs. She said, “well let’s move on from that question so that you don’t start making up an answer”. As an established professional, it turned me off, and I felt it was highly insulting. In the end, they wanted me to come back for another interview, I declined.

    Also, money out of pocket spent on parking, food, etc while overnight for the interview took over a month to be reimbursed.

    Interview Questions

    • We give you a book of 100 accounts, how do you organize?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the YOU not in this resume?   Answer Question

  5.  

    Commercial Underwriter Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Bethesda, MD (US)) in February-2019.

    Interview

    Recieved an invite to interview via referral. Completed phone interview over the phone and did a face to face with three underwriters in the office. Review the candidates profiles on LinkedIn and be prepared to impress whomever has the most the longest tenure. After interview, I was told a couple weeks later that they are no longer filling the position.

    Interview Questions


  6. Helpful (7)  

    Contract Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in June-2017.

    Interview

    I went through a series of 5 interviews on 4 different occasions. The first 4 interviews went well and each time I was 'cleared' to move on to the next interview. The final interview was with one of the executives who gave an awkward interview and kept me there for two hours. About 2-weeks later, Capital One turned me down for the position, and the whole process ended up being a huge waste of time and inconvenience. The way the company's representatives led me through such a lengthy interviewing process was very unprofessional. There's no reason they couldn't have made a decision earlier in the process and saved everyone a lot of time and effort.

    Interview Questions


  7. Helpful (3)  

    Corporate Strategy Associate Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Declined Offer
    Negative Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in May-2018.

    Interview

    Applied online and was reached out to by recruiter. I screened with the recruiter (standard questions). I then had a case with a manager which I passed (barely - IMO I should not have been moved to the next round).

    I then interviewed in the office. My third case was canceled due the interviewer having a surprise meeting. I then interviewed again a week later with a third caser. I received feedback a few days later.

    All in all - Capital One is constantly interviewing - the process was rushed and had a very assembly line feel to it (yeah its a bank)...but not once was I asked "why capital one", "why leave your previous role."

    My travel was not reimbursed, I showed up to a hotel and had to put 500 plus bucks on my credit card. I was only sent the reimbursement form a week later (still haven't received it). My train was booked incorrectly and I had to pay extra for that as well (I hope they reimburse it).

    All in all I would say -- be careful about applying to Capital One - its an interview shop, theyll interview for the sake of interviewing. Other people I interviewed with had similar things to say.

    Interview Questions

    • Break even analysis with percentages of customers and different % of revenue/cost for each.   Answer Question
  8. Helpful (1)  

    Corporate Trainer Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD (US)
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Brookings, SD (US)) in July-2016.

    Interview

    An interview committee of three members of upper management interviewed me. They asked me various questions about my use and comfort level using technology, and how my teaching background would be beneficial in this job as a corporate trainer. As of today, (August 3, 2016), I am waiting to hear if I got the job or not. I left the interview feeling very hopeful.

    Interview Questions

    • How would I motivate an employee who was not performing his or her duties? What was the most difficult situation I ever encountered as a manager?   1 Answer

  9. Helpful (1)  

    Outbound Sales Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in July-2010.

    Interview

    Job fair at Capital One site. Multi interviews regarding different aspects. Computer tests and one on one review of experience. Well planned. Interview review of resume, then computer testing (2 hrs) Phone interview was further screening...offer job next day. But not clear on job duties while at the fair.

    Interview Questions

    • None. Very basic questions that are rather reviews about your resume. The roll play was much easier to pass than other industries. I overwhelmed them, but I was over qualified. Bad for me as the position was frustrating because of that...for me.   Answer Question

    Negotiation

    NOOOO negotiation.


  10.  

    Contractor Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in July-2014.

    Interview

    Interview via email with agency for Capital One. I was able to provide my documentation and application online and complete any questions online. I interviewed with the Capital One person who was authorized to approve my hire. As a Contractor, I can only communicate with the agency representative for Capital One. It was easy to communicate with the contracting agency about the job but I found it also easy to inform them of any trends at Capital One so they will be better informed of the working environment and attitude of the company and be able to meet or offer services to meet those needs.

    Negotiation

    Simple. Employment is better than no employment during the current Deep Recession.


Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.