FDM Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,197 of over 2,197.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting7%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Toronto, ON)

Interview

The interview process is how it’s described here. A 15 min phone call with the interview with some behaviour and basic technical questions asked then at the next stage you have to record answers to 6 behaviour questions. Use STAR, study the questions here and you’ll be good. Then you also do multiple choice technical assessment. It’s easy if you have basic knowledge of computer Science topics like UNIX, discrete mathematics, logic, set, Java, SQL, etc. After that is the final stage where you’re in a zoom meeting with other interviewees and you go into a break room to talk to the trainer for 30 mins and the account manager for 15-20 mins. The trainer asks some basic Java questions that have been posted here and a coding question where you explain your thought process. The account manager asks you behaviour questions so just use the STAR method and use an personal example when answering these types of questions.

Interview Questions
  • All the questions have already been posted here so just go over them
    Answer Question
  • Given an array of numbers with only one number that is a duplicate. Find that number in linear time. You have unlimited space.

FDM Group

Application

I interviewed at FDM Group

Interview

The process takes from application to interview , it takes around two to three weeks. detailed screen interview. moderate assessment and interview questions. The process takes from two to three weeks from application to interview process. Detailed screen interview. moderate assessment and interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

FDM Group

Application

I interviewed at FDM Group

Interview

Pleasant one, had gone through 4 rounds of interview. One phone interview, one account manager interview, one technical interview, one aptitude test. Then placed onsite within 3 months of training.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

FDM Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group

Interview

First is a Phone interview which took about 20-30 minutes, Next is a recorded video interview which was 6 questions and you are unable to rerecord answers with a technical assessment, Last is a live video interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Leeds, England, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

A video interview where you are asked 5 questions with 90 seconds to answer, before each question you are given 30 seconds to prepare the answer. They ask you to provide an example for each of the questions to receive the highest marks possible.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a hobby of yours?
  • What would be your approach if you were close to reaching a deadline, but you still had tasks left to complete?
  • How do you adapt when you encounter new situations?
  • Tell me how you overcame a setback and produced a positive result?
  • Describe why you are passionate about a career in the technology industry.
3 people found this interview helpful

FDM Group

Application

I interviewed at FDM Group

Interview

Online interview only, well structured and friendly. Individual interview only with multiple different people from multiple differnt departments. All were very nice and pleaseant to talk to. Asked a range of questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Houston, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

(Side note: I have a bachelor's in Comp Sci, so I don't know how interview difficulty scales if you're coming out of a bootcamp that didn't stress OOP and/or SQL.) The interview process was broken down into 3 parts: the "phone interview" (which wasn't an interview, but rather a general screening to see if you understand what you applied for), the online assessments (which were broken down into 2 parts themselves), and the "Final Assessment Day" (which was broken into 3 parts, and were over Zoom), Going into more detail of the latter two screenings, the online assessment had a technical and behavioral component. The technical was over basic SQL, Boolean Logic, "Problem Solving", Data structures, OOP and basic Unix commands. Cursory preparations on Khan Academy helped me greatly in the SQL category. Problem solving was a matter of being able to walk through code and understand what it was doing. (There were some questions about the use of the words "static" and "final", which would be one of two appearances this question made an appearance during the interview process, so make note of this.) With Data Structures it was a matter of having a general understanding of the structure, as opposed to any intimate coding knowledge of how they work. Frankly, I have the most robust experience with Unix, but I was able to guess my way to passing that section. The behavioral was more difficult for me. You had to record your responses to questions prompted to you by a short video clip. The video would play, and then you would get 90 seconds to collect your thoughts before you were recorded for another 90 seconds (I think? Could have been shorter), and keep in mind, you could NOT start over once the recording started. I was stuttering quite a bit, but managed to state my points, and was sufficient, apparently. After this, I was called by the recruiter who talked me through my results, and set up my final interview date. The "Final Interview" was over Zoom with 3 different people. One was a presenter who gave a quick company overview with a group of other people. The second was a behavioral interviewer who asked questions of similar nature to the previous behavioral interview. The third was the technical interviewer, which I think was the most difficult part of the whole process. They essentially look at your resume and ask you questions about the technologies and concepts--not the projects-- on it. This is where that "final"/"static" question came up again, and I flubbed it. Overall kind of rough, but I managed. The takeaway here is that, if Java and/or SQL are on your resume, and are not your primary languages, you may have a hard time at this point. Though that's not to say they won't ask you about another language; it's just, if you have those listed, they'd prefer to ask about those, seeing as they're the most relevant. After all that, I got my offer same-day.

Interview Questions
  • (As it pertains to the final interview) Behavioral: What are your hobbies? How would you help a coworker meet their needs? Technical: Suppose you had to explain the difference between an object and a class to someone who wasn't familiar with the concepts already: how would you do it? Name the basic principles of OOP. Then explain them. What is a primary key? What is a foreign key? (SQL) Do you know what a subquery is? (SQL)
1 person found this interview helpful

FDM Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group

Interview

Everything was nice and easy, the interview went well and the conversation was as hard as I thought asking about my past experience and discussion, and overall a great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Sydney) in Oct 2021

Interview

My application took over 2 weeks, involves the following steps: 1. Screening Interview by phone (5 min) 2. Phone Interview (>30 mins) 3. Online Test (22 questions, 50 mins) 4. Assessment Center (2 interviews, 30 mins each)

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work with FDM? What interests you about the role you are applying for? What are relevant skills and experience make you a suitable candidate for this programme?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2021

Interview

started by asking personal info and intro then technical questions and followed by pay structure and so on and then I asked questions related to the company which I had doubts about.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,197 Interviews