FDM Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at FDM Group

1,879 Interview Reviews

2.5

Junior Consultant Interview

Interview

L’entretien S’est déroulé en trois étapes:
    Appel téléphonique - questions assez simples et générals
    Test online - questions de logiques, il suffit de réfléchir un peu pour les résoudre
    Entrevue en personne avec deux gestionnaires - des questions sur l’att A entreprendre dans un lieu de travail et des questions plus techniques sur java et sql

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (Toronto, ON) in July 2017.

Interview

First telephonic interview around 30 min and after that they send to you an online test. And after that they arrange for you an FDM Interview Day at one of the FDM academies.

Interview Questions

• What’s the polymorphisme? Difference between class an Object? Some other simple question about your interpersonal skills…   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

First-round is like a phone interview and follows by a video recording interview. You also have to do some test to show that you know some logics, which I think was fairly easy.

Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (China, ME (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

After you applied online, you will receive an email elaborating the training details and salary. Then the process is as follows:
    1.A call with HR
    2.OT including numerical and coding problems (not really hard)
    3.Assessment centre (three round interviews with different people working at FDM)

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviews were straight forward. First a video recorded interview asking a few questions to see if the recruiter would like to move forward. This involved questions regarding why one would like to work for FDM and other questions to possibly determine how the interviewee would fit with the company.

The next step involved 2 interviews. One behavioral and one technical.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a procedural programming language such as Python, and an object-oriented one such as Java.   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in October 2020.

Interview

The company tends to look for career transitioners or new graduates that have early exposure to programming. A big part of the interview process is making sure that the applicant understands the two-year commitment. There is a personality portion and a technical portion. The technical portion is simple. No whiteboarding, just simple descriptions of SQL and OOP to make sure that you can pass through the initial 3-month training program.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

There was 2 interviews. The strength based one was questions about workplace scenarios and the tech interview were questions about SQL, Excel etc. The interviews seems kind of rushed, and the interviews happened through zoom.

Interview Questions

• What is a primary key. What are some functions you have used on Excel.   Answer Question

Java Trainee Interview

Interview

Phone calls and then in person day with 3 interviews. The interviews were one on one in confined rooms at the New York office at Wall Street. Everyone was pretty nice!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in September 2020.

Interview

Submitted resume and cv online. Got a phone call from a recruiter within a week. She sent an aptitude test through email and some practice questions (which did not help at all). After passing the aptitude test, there's a recorded interview asked 6 questions (what's your hobby, what you think of such situation, what would you do if...). The last interview included two parts, behavioral and technical.

Even though it sounds like long processes contain multiple stages, overall the interview was way too easy, not creative at all. It was pretty boring. During the last step (behavioral and technical zoom interview), I could tell interviewers were tired. They basically just read questions like robots. No energy, no enthusiasm, no interaction. A lot of the behavioral questions were repetitive, and I feel like it's not necessary to ask so many behavioral questions when I'm applying for a technical job. I didn't have any programming background but still think the technical questions were way too easy. So I was kind of disappointed. It was not challenging at all.

Oh, and they have a thing called presentation before the interview started. You and other interviewees will be in the same zoom meeting room, and a FDM employee will give a presentation talking about the company. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend joining that. It was pretty bad (at least the one I joined was pretty bad)! The host wasn't fully prepared. Didn't know what's covered in the next slide. He was swinging it. Another employee told us the hourly wage during training was $15 but the offer letter says $12. I wish they could be more professional.

Interview Questions

• what's static in Java
      what's final in Java   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Charlotte, NC (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

It was a combination of both an aptitude test and 6 pre-recorded questions from members at the company. The questions that were asked in the pre-recorded section of the interview were more about getting to know you as an individual and situational questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.