Network engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Network engineer Interview Questions

network engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many bits in the MPLS header? How did you implement different types of multicast networks?

2 Answers

...it probably depends of how many labels are we carrying...not relevant to daily work or job description.

header is 32bit, but can be stacked I only know you could you PIM and IGMP in IP network, but if you want to send multicast through MPLS, it needs multicast vrf

A lot of technicial questions related to CCNA, Linux...basic TC/IP questions.

1 Answer

Describe yourself and what's your degree?

1 Answer

I was not sure to write this, but since few others that I know had the same experience I decided to write, Many technical questions , majority of the question asked was different from what you would expect from job description, person who was in the room was very judgmental and rude, the way he was reading through a 20 years resume and making fun was annoying!, in one point I had to take control and stop the interview, the manager who was on the phone was also very rude, the quality of the voice was not quite right and I had to ask him to repeat the question again and to my surprise he yield!, anyway I call the interview short and thanked them for their time, I spoke with two others who went for different rules and to my surprise they had the same experience!.

1 Answer

Tell us about yourself wrt work experience.

1 Answer

BGP troubleshooting. OSPF LSA knowledge deep quiz.

About my experience qualifications Certifications

1 Answer

mostly was firewall related. one of it was, What is hit counter?

1 Answer

General Question like: where are you from? You have been living in Montreal for how long?what did you study? , where were you working in last ten years?, and he asked a few technical questions such as: have you ever worked with Liux? where, how? have you ever worked with Mikrotik? how and where? what is the difference between Switch and Hub ?what is the bridge? Name a few Internet protocol?....

110 of 62 Interview Questions